Behind the scenes of MJ's return

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2015/03/28/anatomy-of-free-agency-a-michael-johnson-case-study/70563280/

Part I found hard to believe: Mike Brown tells his minions to get the deal done as he leaves to go for a run. Does he seem like a jogger to anyone?

I believe he was referring to a loose bowel movement.

The article is just the first in a series.

Next up, the inside story about how Pat Sims agreed to return to the Bengals after Katie Blackburn agreed to refill the candy dish in her office with minature Twix bars shortly after Sims declared he'd never sign for peanuts again.

Next up, the inside story about how Pat Sims agreed to return to the Bengals after Katie Blackburn agreed to refill the candy dish in her office with minature Twix bars shortly after Sims declared he'd never sign for peanuts again.

:21:

Don't get out the torches and pitchforks but I had to wonder.. Is it possible that he chose the Bengals at least in part because Zimmer is such a hardass? IDK if it's the case for MJ but you know there are going to be free agents that would rather go somewhere a little more, eh let's say relaxed.  And unfortunately I think this might be one of those places.

Again not so much a knock on MJ in particular, more something that came to mind when thinking about what might go into the decision-making process for a vet FA.  He seems to have a good relationship with Zim so I doubt that was on his mind, but other players?

Nah...don't think that was it. It is, to me anyway, a group who just like each other--the embodiment of being a team. Zimmer may have been that "hard ass"...but the overall unit (offense included) functions regardless. To me, that is formed from some other level...dare I say, ML?

actually, it was Snickers and M&M's.

CAKcZ0LWQAAVDY-.jpg

Nah...don't think that was it. It is, to me anyway, a group who just like each other--the embodiment of being a team. Zimmer may have been that "hard ass"...but the overall unit (offense included) functions regardless. To me, that is formed from some other level...dare I say, ML?

Yeah, ultimately I agree but I wonder about some of the other players. That wasn't meant to be a knock on MJ. Really what concerns me is our coaches having that "player's coach" reputation.  You remember how the inmates were running the asylum in Hue's WR room? Can't have that.

Archived