** The 2015 Draft BlackJesus Wish List **

a_bengals_ft.jpg

Andy on the phones: "Get me a big receiver!"

Last year my draft wish list contained Dennard, Jeremy Hill, and Ryan Hewitt. Now as we approach one month away, I have finalized my 2015 amateur internet "scouting". :pimp: 

The player reports and draft magazines have been read, the game tapes and highlights have been watched, the stats have been investigated, and the measurements have been analyzed ... with all that said, I give you my full draft board of players I like or find intriguing and would be happy to see in stripes ... if they're not here, fuck em, I don't want em!

* (Of note, this takes into account the current Bengals roster, scheme, and team needs.)

:tailgate:     avatar_85fafe37f9ce_128.png

BLACKJESUS DRAFT WISH LIST  (by position)

round value in orange --

* Updated after END OF DRAFT *

QB

Sean Mannion

6’6, 230 lbs, Oregon St.  (4/5)

Brandon Bridge

6’4, 230 lbs, South Alabama  (6/7)

RB

Ameer Abdullah

5’9, 205 lbs, Nebraska  (3/4)

Marcus Murphy

5’8, 193 lbs, Missouri  (6/7) *KR/PR

WR

Dorial Green-Beckham

6’6, 237 lbs, Missouri  (1/2)

Sammie Coates

6’1, 212 lbs, Auburn  (2/3)

Phillip Dorsett

5’10, 185 lbs, Miami  (2/3)

Chris Conley

6’2, 213 lbs, Georgia  (2/3)

Devin Funchess

6’5, 232 lbs, Michigan  (3/4)

Vince Mayle

6’2, 225 lbs, Wash St.  (4/5)

Kenny Bell

6'1, 200 lbs, Nebraska  (4/5)

Darren Waller

6’6, 240 lbs, Georgia Tech  (4/5)

Dezmin Lewis

6’4, 215 lbs, Central Arkansas  (4/5)

Devin Gardner

6’4, 220 lbs, Michigan   (6/7)

Jake Kumerow

6'5, 208 lbs, Wisc-Whitewater  * signed by Bengals *

TE

Clive Walford

6’4, 260 lbs, Miami  (2/3)

Jesse James

6’7, 260 lbs, Penn State  (3/4)

Nick Boyle

6’5, 270 lbs, Delaware  (4/5)

E.J. Bibbs

6’2, 260 lbs, Iowa State  (4/5)

Blake Bell

6’6, 252 lbs, Oklahoma  (5/6)

OT

La'el Collins

6’4, 320 lbs, LSU  (1)

Ereck Flowers

6’5, 330 lbs, Miami  (1)

Rob Havenstein

6’7, 325 lbs, Wisconsin  (2/3)

Donovan Smith

6’6, 340 lbs, Penn State  (2/3)

Daryl Williams

6’5, 330 lbs, Oklahoma  (4/5)

Corey Robinson

6’7, 325 lbs, South Carolina  (5/6)

Jamon Brown

6’5, 330 lbs, Louisville  (5/6)

G

A.J. Cann

6’3, 315 lbs, South Carolina  (2/3)

Tre' Jackson

6’4, 330 lbs, FSU  (3/4)

Jarvis Harrison

6’4, 330 lbs, Texas A&M  (4/5)

Jeremiah Poutasi

6'5, 335 lbs, Utah  (4/5)

Trenton Brown

6'8, 355 lbs, Florida  (6/7)

Tayo Fabuluje

6'6, 350 lbs, TCU  (6/7)

C

Max Garcia

6'4, 309 lbs, Florida  (4/5)

DE

Arik Armstead

6’7, 290 lbs, Oregon  (1)

Owamagbe Odighizuwa

6’3, 267 lbs, UCLA  (2)

Danielle Hunter

6’5, 252 lbs, LSU  (2)

Preston Smith

6’5, 271 lbs, Miss St.  (2/3)

Frank Clark

6’3, 271 lbs, Michigan  (3/4)

Trey Flowers

6'2, 270 lbs, Arkansas  (3/4)

Obum Gwacham

6'5, 245 lbs, Oregon St.  (5/6)

Shaquille Riddick

6'6, 242 lbs, West Virginia  (6/7)

DT

Jordan Phillips

6’5, 330 lbs, Oklahoma  (1)

Danny Shelton

6’2, 340 lbs, Washington  (1)

Malcolm Brown

6’2, 320 lbs, Texas  (1)

Eddie Goldman

6’4, 340 lbs, FSU  (1)

David Irving

6’7, 272 lbs, Iowa State  (4/5)

Xavier Williams

6’2, 320 lbs, Northern Iowa  (5/6)

OLB

Randy Gregory

6’5, 235 lbs, Nebraska  (1)

Eli Harold

6’4, 250 lbs, Virginia  (1/2)

Shaq Thompson

6’0, 230 lbs, Washington  (2)

Kwon Alexander

6’2, 230 lbs, LSU  (3/4)

Alani Fua

6’5, 238 lbs, BYU  (3/4)

Jordan Hicks

6’1, 236 lbs, Texas  (4/5)

Jake Ryan

6’3, 240 lbs, Michigan  (4/5)

Kyle Emanuel

6’3, 255 lbs, N. Dakota St.  (4/5)

Deiontrez Mount

6’5, 245 lbs, Louisville  (5/6)

MLB

Benardrick McKinney

6’5, 250 lbs, Miss St.  (1/2)

Denzel Perryman

5’11, 240 lbs, Miami  (2/3)

Taiwan Jones

6'3, 260 lbs, Mich St.  (4/5)

Jeff Luc

6'0, 263 lbs, Cincinnati  (5/6)

CB

Byron Jones

6’1, 199 lbs, UConn  (3/4)

FS

Eric Rowe

6’1, 205 lbs, Utah  (3/4)

K

Tom Obarski

5’11, 185 lbs, Concordia  * signed by Bengals *

Josh Lambo

6’0, 215 lbs, Texas A&M  (7)

Qe4fNbd.gif

Conspicuously absent for me are Punters (we have the league’s best), CB’s (stacked there, and I think this class is terrible at this position), and Safties (generally I think this is the weakest DB class I can remember in a long time.) After Landon Collins, none of the safeties this draft I think are better than Iloka or Nelson. Hardly any talent, impressive measurables, or game-breakers imo.

Since I know Mike Brown likes to save a buck, if one of you with connections could pass this list on to Marvin (free of charge) I'd appreciate it ... (only half :ph34r:)

No Paul Dawson under your MLB list?

Also, Denzel Perryman is more of a round 2 guy rather than round 3, I think.

To me Dawson doesn't take on blockers and tries to run around them. He also doesn't seem that fluid in coverage ... we have enough of that already with Rey "stone foot" Maualuga.

As for Perryman, you're right, I adjusted it to (2/3) ... some of my rounds are just estimations obviously.

Additional explanations to go with my choices … :contract:

QB – I like Mannion’s size and his ability to throw from the pocket. I think he’s worth using one of the extra 4th rounders on to groom as a 3rd QB. As for Brandon Bridge I think he has the strongest arm in the entire draft, and might have one of the strongest in the entire NFL. He effortlessly can sling it 60 yards. The problem is his accuracy is horrible and he has no touch on the ball.

RB – In today’s NFL you always need RB’s, and think Abdullah would be a great backup for Gio in case of injury. He’s worth taking despite the fact that the Bengals are set at RB.

WR – As you can tell I like my WR’s tall. I think this team needs another large target opposite AJ. DGB is actually the #1 player on my board, and I’d draft him #1 if I was the Bucs (to go with Mike Evans, and get a serviceable QB in Rd 2).

TE – I think the Bengals need a blocking TE, and so I looked for guys with run blocking ability and/or size at the point of attack.

OT/OG/C – The Bengals like their OL to be maulers in the run game, and also to have girth. Thus, the measurables reflect this.

DE – I think this DE class is very weak after Rd 1, and that colleges don’t really produce 4-3 DE’s anymore for the most part. Most are LB tweeners. With MJ back, a DE isn’t really needed, though Flowers could add good depth. Gwacham is a late-round intriguing ex-wide receiver who was a long jumper with great speed.

DT – To me this is the strongest position in the draft along with WR. Lots of great run stuffers to choose from. I think Peko’s replacement is here.

OLB – Some good speed and athleticism to choose from. Gregory is the #2 player on my entire board, and if he slips to the teens I think the Bengals should consider trading up for him and playing him at WLB. I also really like Shaq Thompson, he is the next Ed Reed to me.

MLB – McKinney and Perryman are both excellent and I think the team would be lucky to have either. I wouldn’t even hate McKinney in Rd 1 if most of the Bengals top choices were gone. To me he is the kind of LB that a dominant defense needs. I like 'Old School MLB's', with size and who can fill the A gap if needed.

K – I gave you two fucking kickers to choose from! There is no need to excuse Nugent from some camp competition! The first Obarski has the quickest kick I’ve ever seen, and the latter, is a former soccer prodigy still learning the position with excellent accuracy.

p-6-13-3.jpg.jpg

Some links so you can play "NFL scout" yourself ...

A link to look up prospects by name, position, school etc ...

--> http://www.nfl.com/draft/2015/tracker

CBS Sports prospect rankings (big board)

--> http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings

Good site (Walter Football) for updated mock drafts, and player info etc.

--> http://walterfootball.com/draft2015.php

Bengals updated mocks specifically (switch between different ones)

--> http://walterfootball.com/mocks/nfl/2015/Cincinnati-Bengals

BJ, you're right about the DE class being weak. But there are a couple of guys after round 1, you should take a look:

Trey Flowers, Arkansas - He's got Wallace Gilberry height and girth, but with FREAKISHLY long arms. He's played at a very high standard against tough SEC competition. Solid rotational guy. Fits the profile of a typical Bengals' draft pick. Round 3.

Derek Anderson, Stanford - A more developed version of Margus Hunt. Rounds 4-5.

Also, I agree that the safety class is weak. However, in the light of the Taylor Mays departure, there is one guy I like in the later rounds who could sure up the depth behind Nelson at FS - Kurtis Drummond, Michigan State. Round 5.

Trey Flowers, Arkansas - He's got Wallace Gilberry height and girth, but with FREAKISHLY long arms.

I already have him listed at DE, and obviously agree. :thumbsup:

There were a couple of players I hadn't listed when I first posted, which were added within the first hour or so (had them written in another notebook). He was one of those, along with Poutasi and T. Jones.

Showing that I leave no stone unturned ... :read:

here is kicker prospect Tom Obarski of Concordia nailing a 64 yd field goal.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEpkE7_J-hI[/media]

Guy has amazing range and made kicks from 59, 56, 56 over the years in college etc

I hate OSU but Heuerman has to be on the TE list. He'd be a perfect Gresham replacement for game 1.

i hate assholes that hate ohio state, especially those assholes that make mention of it when it has no pertinence, but i'd agree he needs to be somewhere on the TE list.

They're going to see how Gresham responds to back surgery, then more than likely re-sign him, to complete the epitome of status quo offseason.  

I want Gresham back. He's very underrated by fans. He would also be 2nd fiddle in the passing game as a receiver to Eifert and my complaints with him are as a receiver.

i hate assholes that hate ohio state, especially those assholes that make mention of it when it has no pertinence, but i'd agree he needs to be somewhere on the TE list.

Heh, there was a point...to show I didn't have rose colored glasses or a bias against them. I hate OSU because most of their fans are obnoxious idiots like Kentucky basketball (not a shot at you, have no idea if you are obnoxious or not). And most people from Cincinnati were OSU football and UC basketball (until Huggins left and OSU magically became good every year at basketball). Too many bandwagon buckeye fans in Cincy.

CIN.gifCincinnati Bengals
5 Most Commonly Picked Players at 21

1. Alvin Dupree, OLB, Kentucky, RS Sr.
Going to the Bengals on 189 mock drafts

Featured Writeup:
The Bengals could use a Defensive End to complement Carlos Dunlap a bit better and I really like the idea of adding a player like Dupree this late in the draft. He’s incredibly athletic and posses all the tools to take his abilities to the next level. His quickness off the snap is something that really stands out and it allows him to get in the backfield. For his frame, he has a lot of bulk and I think he’d be nice at the Right D-End for Cincinnati. Also, I’ve never personally seen this but he’s said to be surprisingly good in coverage considering his size. If worse came to worse, he could be a Linebacker. It’ll be interesting to see where Dupree ends up playing at the next level, but he seems like a solid pick up this late in round one.

-------------------

2. Shaq Thompson, OLB, Washington, Jr.
Going to the Bengals on 127 mock drafts

Featured Writeup:
Shaq is the true wildcard of the draft, is he a lb or ss? hell or even a running back? The Bengals need a steady linebacker.

-------------------

3. Malcom Brown, DT, Texas, Jr.
Going to the Bengals on 109 mock drafts

Featured Writeup:
The Bengals' D-line struggled last year, so here is a versatile player that will likely see most of his time either alongside of Atkins or spelling Atkins.

-------------------

4. Arik Armstead, DT, Oregon, Jr.
Going to the Bengals on 94 mock drafts

Featured Writeup:
Adding some youth and a tad bit of speed to the already great Bengals defensive line. Not a huge fan of Armstead kind of a late riser but I see why people like him.

-------------------

5. Marcus Peters, CB, Washington, RS Jr.
Going to the Bengals on 93 mock drafts

Featured Writeup:
Needs: C,DT,OLB--Marcus Peters had a good combine and if he follows up with an equally impressive pro day Bengals fans shouldn’t have an issue with them picking him up here.

http://walterfootball.com/mocks/nfl/2015/Cincinnati-Bengals

CIN.gif Charlie's Cincinnati Bengals Mock Selections (Rd 1-4)

from Walterfootball

• Rd. 1, Pk. 21 Randy Gregory, DE/3-4OLB, Nebraska Nebraska_logo.gif
  • The Bengals recorded only 20 sacks in the 2014 regular season with Carlos Dunlap totaling eight. Cincinnati needs to grab another edge rusher to go on the other side from Dunlap. Wallace Gilberry (1.5 sacks), Robert Geathers (1 sack) and Margus Hunt (1 sack) didn't get the job done, and they're all in danger of getting cut. Michael Johnson had 4.5 sacks with the Bucs in 2014 and only 3.5 in his final season with Cincinnati. Adding more talent up front makes sense for the Bengals.
  •  
  • Gregory is hands down the best pass-rusher in the 2015 NFL Draft, in my opinion. However, I have him sliding because of off-the-field concerns. In 2014, Gregory totaled 56 tackles with 8.5 tackles for a loss, seven sacks, one forced fumble, three passes broken up and one interception while missing three games (knee, concussion, ankle). He was a beast for Nebraska in 2013 - his first year on campus. The sophomore had just 10 starts, yet racked up 66 tackles with 19 tackles for a loss, 10.5 sacks, one pass batted and an interception. The 6-foot-5, 235-pounder should get even bigger over time.

There is no doubt that Gregory is extremely fast. His lightning first-step gives him an advantage to turn the corner against tackles. Gregory also has natural agility to drop his hips and maneuver his body by blockers. On top of his speed, he has phenomenal hands for a player who doesn't have a lot of experience. Gregory is very adept at getting blockers' hands off of him and shedding their blocks. He is also physical when putting offensive players into the turf. Gregory has a relentless attitude and can make some plays through a second effort. He uses a spin move, swim move and bull rush effectively. Gregory also is really smart about when he deploys those moves. However, Gregory could stand to get stronger for the ground game.

• Rd. 2, Pk. 21 Cedric Ogbuehi, OT, Texas A&M TexasAM_logo.gif
  • The Bengals could use an understudy for Andrew Whitworth, and Ogbuehi would be perfect as he was a mid first-round pick before his injury. Whitworth would give Ogbuehi a year to recover.

For the NFL, Ogbuehi needs to get stronger and improve his ability to sustain blocks. Strength is the one thing he lacks. Ogbuehi has superb feet, quickness, knee bend and agility. He is a fantastic athlete to be a left tackle, but has to get stronger.

Ogbuehi looked great at left tackle against South Carolina to open 2014 and played at a high level until the opponents weren't cupcakes. He was beaten for three sacks versus Mississippi State, including one to Bernardrick McKinney. Ogbuehi allowed sacks against Ole Miss, Alabama, Missouri (via Markus Golden) and LSU. However overall, he played well against Missouri and LSU.

Ogbuehi (6-5, 306) had an excellent 2012 season blocking for Heisman Trophy winner Johnny Manziel. With Luke Joeckel and Jake Matthews at the tackle positions, Ogbuehi played inside at guard. He excelled in pass and run blocking. Ogbuehi spent 2013 at right tackle with Joeckel in the NFL and Matthews having taken over the left side. Ogbuehi played well as he was a good run-blocker and a dependable pass-protector.

• Rd. 3, Pk. 21 Nick O'Leary, TE, Florida State FloridaState_logo.gif
  • Jermaine Gresham is likely leaving in free agency, so Cincinnati could use some tight end depth behind Tyler Eifert. O'Leary was a nice weapon in Florida State's offense. The senior totaled 48 receptions for 618 yards and six touchdowns in 2014. He was huge for the Seminoles in their narrow win over Clemson and was clutch in a close victory over Florida.
  •  
  • O'Leary is a nice route-runner with excellent hands. O'Leary notched 33 receptions for 557 yards and seven touchdowns in 2013. The year before, he recorded 21 catches for 252 yards and three scores. The 6-foot-3, 252-pounder is similar to a young Dallas Clark.

• Rd. 3, Pk. 35 Grady Jarrett, DT, Clemson Clemson_logo.gif
  • Geno Atkins wasn't the same in 2014 coming off his season-ending knee injury from the year before. Domata Peko also suffered a down season. The Bengals could use some depth and another player to rotate in next to Atkins.

The 6-foot, 288-pound Jarrett had 43 tackles with 10 tackles for a loss, 1.5 sacks and two forced fumbles in 2014. He totaled 83 tackles with 11 for a loss, two sacks and 14 quarterback pressures the year before. In 2012, Jarrett had 49 tackles with two sacks.

The senior is quick at the point off attack, but could use some strength for the NFL. He had a good week of practice at the Senior Bowl, but is undersized and really only fits a 4-3 scheme.

• Rd. 4, Pk. 21 Darius Philon, DT, Arkansas Arkansas_logo.gif
  • The Bengals have shown a tendency to double up on a position for depth and competition.

Philon was a surprise early entry into the 2015 NFL Draft. He had a strong 2014 season for the Razorbacks and formed a nice defensive line duo with Trey Flowers. Philon totaled 46 tackles with 11.5 tackles for a loss, 4.5 sacks, one forced fumble and two passes broken up.

The 6-foot-1, 298-pounder has some quickness and natural strength, but he needs to get bigger for the NFL. Philon is a bit of a tweener defensive end and tackle. Thus, he could have used more development at the college level.

• Rd. 4, Pk. 36 Ladarius Gunter, CB, Miami Miami_logo.gif
  • The Bengals let Terrence Newman leave this offseason, and while they have young talent, those players have had some injuries. It wouldn't hurt to have some depth behind Dre Kirkpatrick and Darqueze Dennard.

Gunter had 28 tackles with six passes broken up and two interceptions this year. He had a quality week at the Senior Bowl and played better than expected. Gunter (6-1, 200) looks like a press-man and zone corner.

http://walterfootball.com/mocks/nfl/2015/Cincinnati-Bengals

Heh, there was a point...to show I didn't have rose colored glasses or a bias against them. I hate OSU because most of their fans are obnoxious idiots like Kentucky basketball (not a shot at you, have no idea if you are obnoxious or not). And most people from Cincinnati were OSU football and UC basketball (until Huggins left and OSU magically became good every year at basketball). Too many bandwagon buckeye fans in Cincy.

I agree both groups of fans are annoying (especially UK fans that are from Cincinnati.. Makes no sense) but I have hardly ever met anyone from Cincinnati that was an OSU die hard unless they went to OSU. I think Cincy people are pretty good about rooting for UC over OSU.

Doubt Marv takes a character risk in round 1. (that said, Gregory, who I haven't considered, would be interesting purely as a pass-rushing specialist (because he'll kill you in the run game).

Doubt Paul Alexander takes a tackle who has lack of strength as his major fault.

Doubt we spend our first 3rd rounder on a short TE who runs a 5.0 40.

We should all do backflips if we get Grady Jarrett at 3b.

Doubt we take two DTs, at least two so early and close together, before, say, adding a WR.

Ladarius Who?  Where's the LB?

Archived