Oilers @ Bengals 12/17/1989

Damn... Onside kick when it was 45-0? damn! 

Sam hated Glanville.

Ah, the good old days, when the NFL still had personality.

"You don't live in Cleveland" would get you a fine today.

At least.

I was at this game....

One of my all time favorites!

I remember the entire stadium chanting Jeeeeery Jeeeeeery!

I was in Anahiem California sitting in the blazing sun watching the Jim Everett led Rams whip up on the New York Jets.

The reason I know my whereabouts that day is because I wore my Bengal jersey to the game and the fan sitting beside me hated the Oilers so much he starting buying me beers each time the Bengals scored in the 2nd half.

As I recall the WifeOnFire had to drive home.

I was in Anahiem California sitting in the blazing sun watching the Jim Everett led Rams whip up on the New York Jets.

The reason I know my whereabouts that day is because I wore my Bengal jersey to the game and the fan sitting beside me hated the Oilers so much he starting buying me beers each time the Bengals scored in the 2nd half.

As I recall the WifeOnFire had to drive home.

Ah yes, Rams games at the Big A. I went there the following season when the Bengals were on a two-week west coast swing. An amazingly entertaining game--back and forth until the end. It amazed me that the crowd was so docile--just figured it was SoCal cool at the time. The only instance of wild cheering came from a group of Ram-clad hipster types (late '80's version) going nuts that Tim McGee scored a TD! This was the dawn of fantasy football, and evidently the hipsters had their money on our Bengal receiver. What a place.    

Back in the days when Criqui was actually good.

The "oh my" guy and Criqui have imprinted on me. When ever I hear those voices I automatically snap back to the 80s. It's like an acid flashback or something.

It's weird. One minute I'm watching NFL classics on NFL Network. Then I wake up wearing Neon Colors and a bunch of swatch watches on my wrist and I've called ticket scalpers trying to get Men at Work tickets for the show up at Kings Island Timberwolf.

The "oh my" guy and Criqui have imprinted on me. When ever I hear those voices I automatically snap back to the 80s. It's like an acid flashback or something.

It's weird. One minute I'm watching NFL classics on NFL Network. Then I wake up wearing Neon Colors and a bunch of swatch watches on my wrist and I've called ticket scalpers trying to get Men at Work tickets for the show up at Kings Island Timberwolf.

Dick Enberg was the "Oh my!" guy. One of the best sports announcers of all-time imo.

Archived