Coming for Seattle game

My 8 year old son and I are coming out to the Seahawks game, 10/11/15. A few questions:

Anyone want to sell 2 really good tickets to this game?

Staying at downtown Sheraton. Anything cool in Cincy for an 8 yr. old?

How long will it take to get to airport from 1pm game? Gotta book flights.

I plan to visit Lot D as that is where I met many board members before. Is that still the pre-game place to be?

Thanks, boardmates!!!!

Lot D has fizzled, Harley. As the game approaches, I can fill you in on alternatives.

Give yourself at least an hour to go from CVG to the stadium--and that is drive time. Not so much distance as unknown traffic obstacles. This isn't like PHL where you can fall out of the terminal and be at the Linc.

If the stars align, I may be at this game too.

My 8 year old son and I are coming out to the Seahawks game, 10/11/15. A few questions:
Anyone want to sell 2 really good tickets to this game?
Staying at downtown Sheraton. Anything cool in Cincy for an 8 yr. old?
How long will it take to get to airport from 1pm game? Gotta book flights.
I plan to visit Lot D as that is where I met many board members before. Is that still the pre-game place to be?
Thanks, boardmates!!!!

Pending the weather there is a big riverfront park that would be cool for kids. If he likes baseball, Reds HOF is cool.

Fred's van is overrated.

I haven't been to the Cincinnati Zoo in many years but it has a good reputation. An 8 year old would probably like it.

Cincinnati zoo is great.  Been a member the past few years, lots of new exhibits including seeing live cheetahs run at full speed which is pretty bad ass.

Thanks, fellas.

I meant leaving the game to get back to airport for night flight. Is it brutal to get out of the stadium area?

Thanks for the kid suggestions, although I don't think anyone should go near Fred's van.

I meant leaving the game to get back to airport for night flight. Is it brutal to get out of the stadium area?

Here is what I do.  I alwasy have to head south after the game just like you.

I park across the river in Newport.  you can actually park inside a garage for $5.  It costs $1 dollar to catch the shuttle to the Stadium.  then when  you get out you catch one heading back for another $1.  That way you don't spend an hour walking back to your car.  Once you get to your car in Newport it is pretty quick and easy to get back on the highway.

Of course there is heavy traffic everywhere, but it seems quicker than getting out of some of the lots by the stadium. 

Here is what I do.  I alwasy have to head south after the game just like you.

I park across the river in Newport.  you can actually park inside a garage for $5.  It costs $1 dollar to catch the shuttle to the Stadium.  then when  you get out you catch one heading back for another $1.  That way you don't spend an hour walking back to your car.  Once you get to your car in Newport it is pretty quick and easy to get back on the highway.

Of course there is heavy traffic everywhere, but it seems quicker than getting out of some of the lots by the stadium. 

Are you also talking about what they call the tank trolley looking bus ? I've hopped on one before when I stayed over night in Covington / Newport. It's been a while since I've done that. However, the hotel allowed us to leave the cars in their garage during the game even though we had checked out by that time.

Cincinnati zoo is great.  Been a member the past few years, lots of new exhibits including seeing live cheetahs run at full speed which is pretty bad ass.

The zoo is always a good idea. Also, the Newport aquarium would be fun and close. Combined with fun places to eat on the levee. They probably also have other attractions for kids, but I haven't been there in a while.

Archived