Bengals target week 3 of preseason for Burfict return

http://www.cincyjungle.com/2015/7/29/9067505/bengals-targeting-preseason-game-vs-bears-for-vontaze-burfict-debut?utm_campaign=cincyjungle&utm_content=chorus&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter

Take it for what its worth, which is not much in my mind. Doesnt say one word that Burfict is looking great in workouts and they plan on playing him week 3 of preseason. Just says they hope to get him in at least one preseason game if he hopes to be able to play week 1 @Oakland.

Here's a question:   Would it have been better to PUP Geno Atkins last year?    That guy wasn't a standout at all in the early part of the year and when he improved later in the year he still wasn't all that good.

As we ponder the return of Burfict.   Would it have been better to give Atkins another Month or two to build up strength have him fresher in second half?    

Even if Burfict can get himself cleared to practice, he might be able to play at a higher level if you give the extra time to build strength etc. 

Am I missing something here. Is anyone else not seeing this thread or is it not some great encouraging news.

You did say "take it for what it was worth"  and pointed out there isn't a whole lot of basis for the statement. 

Am I missing something here. Is anyone else not seeing this thread or is it not some great encouraging news.

I'm as big a fan as the next guy but as a rule I try to stay clear of the medical stuff...especially making predictions about availability.

Bengals are always tight lipped about medical updates even in examples where you later learn things were progressing well. 

And as the Wright example just proved yet again, no news isn't always good news.

Bengals must have known for weeks/months he was going to miss the season, but the rest of us only found out his recovery hadn't gone as planned when it could no longer be hidden from view.

And Margus has been out since May with an injury Bengals barely acknowledge.

Last, and in regards to Burfict, didn't Marvin admit he didn't expect Burfict to play in any preseason action during the recent media gathering?

Archived