Bengals interested in Lavar Arrington!

Guest Bengals1181
if we do sign Lavar, I think it will be much more plausible that we draft Gabe Watson, with Thornton or Robinson getting the axe, and Geathers seeing more time at DT as someone above suggested.

I'd imagine the lineup would look like such:

J. Smith - S. Smith - Geathers - Pollack

Arrington - Thurman - Johnson

Watson will back up Shaun utnil he's ready, and Thornton/Robinson will be in a rotation with Geathers.

Just my guess though.

Guest BengalsOwn
[quote name='schotzee' post='231635' date='Mar 14 2006, 11:11 AM'][quote name='BengalsOwn' post='231630' date='Mar 14 2006, 11:06 AM']
Lance has been proven wrong too many times regarding the Bengals.

I don't beleive him.[/quote]

Not saying you're wrong,but do you have examples where he's been wrong?
[/quote]

The most glaring laughable one came in 2004 I beleive it was, when he said something along the lines of "don't be surprised if Shaun Alexander is a Bengal next season"...

Holly smokes if we could get Arrington... I would lose it too.... [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//38.gif[/img]

I just got an e-mail.....

[quote]Lance McAllister is reporting the following from what he calls a “very reliable source”:

Kim Herring will be cut (duh).

Kevin Walter is gone, irregardless of what happens with Kelley Washington (damn).

They may have a deal done with Lavar Arrington by tomorrow. They’re coming hard for him.

If they get him, he will play OLB. They will move Robert Geathers to DT and David Pollack to DE. This would allow them to essentially have four LBs on the field at one time, and provide the ability to shift from a 4-3 to a 3-4 without substitution.

Sam Adams will decide between the Dolphins and Bengals by tomorrow.

Jon Kitna is gone.[/quote]

OMG if this happens..... :1hump:

The Fucking Steelers WILL GO DOWN!!! :rock:

Guest schotzee
[quote name='Dan_Bengals_NJ' post='231638' date='Mar 14 2006, 11:13 AM']This has future Bengaldom dissapointment written all over it.

I dont know how I would feel if the team signed Arrington. On paper obviously good, but he is a headache, I don't know how you would make it fit, and he would be costly, although the PR for the orginization would never be any higher. I mean I see what he can do.
Obviously a phenomonal athlete. He can do almost anything on the field, if he chooses to. But that is exactly it, undiscplined, let me make the Sportscenter highlight before the team type player.

But he is a game changer and those are few and far between, which could make him worth it all.[/quote]

Yea,I have horrible flashbacks when the Reds signed Griffey.I was ecstatic,things could
not have been better for a team on the brink,then Griffey's injuries started,and the Reds
went in the toilet.
Lets hope if we get lavar,the outcome will be 180 apart.

[quote name='schotzee' post='231650' date='Mar 14 2006, 11:22 AM'][quote name='Dan_Bengals_NJ' post='231638' date='Mar 14 2006, 11:13 AM']
This has future Bengaldom dissapointment written all over it.

I dont know how I would feel if the team signed Arrington. On paper obviously good, but he is a headache, I don't know how you would make it fit, and he would be costly, although the PR for the orginization would never be any higher. I mean I see what he can do.
Obviously a phenomonal athlete. He can do almost anything on the field, if he chooses to. But that is exactly it, undiscplined, let me make the Sportscenter highlight before the team type player.

But he is a game changer and those are few and far between, which could make him worth it all.[/quote]

Yea,I have horrible flashbacks when the Reds signed Griffey.I was ecstatic,things could
not have been better for a team on the brink,then Griffey's injuries started,and the Reds
went in the toilet.
[/quote]

I think he means more along the lines of Sapp disappointment than Junior disappointment.

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='231640' date='Mar 14 2006, 11:13 AM']if we do sign Lavar, I think it will be much more plausible that we draft Gabe Watson, with Thornton or Robinson getting the axe, and Geathers seeing more time at DT as someone above suggested.

I'd imagine the lineup would look like such:

J. Smith - S. Smith - Geathers - Pollack

Arrington - Thurman - Johnson

Watson will back up Shaun utnil he's ready, and Thornton/Robinson will be in a rotation with Geathers.

Just my guess though.[/quote]

I was thinking the same thing about Watson.

[quote name='Jason' post='231657' date='Mar 14 2006, 11:27 AM'][quote name='schotzee' post='231650' date='Mar 14 2006, 11:22 AM']
[quote name='Dan_Bengals_NJ' post='231638' date='Mar 14 2006, 11:13 AM']

went in the toilet.
[/quote]

I think he means more along the lines of Sapp disappointment than Junior disappointment.
[/quote]

Correct. :badger:

Guest schotzee

[quote name='Dan_Bengals_NJ' post='231664' date='Mar 14 2006, 11:33 AM'][quote name='Jason' post='231657' date='Mar 14 2006, 11:27 AM']
[quote name='schotzee' post='231650' date='Mar 14 2006, 11:22 AM']

went in the toilet.
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Gotcha.I have been scouring the other teams message boards who are supposedly interested in Arrington.
None of them have the chatter about him quite like this one.Don't know if that means anything.
Seems he does want 6-7 mil range.

Guest BengalsOwn

[quote name='schotzee' post='231682' date='Mar 14 2006, 11:52 AM'][quote name='Dan_Bengals_NJ' post='231664' date='Mar 14 2006, 11:33 AM']
[quote name='Jason' post='231657' date='Mar 14 2006, 11:27 AM']

went in the toilet.
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Gotcha.I have been scouring the other teams message boards who are supposedly interested in Arrington.
None of them have the chatter about him quite like this one.Don't know if that means anything.
[/quote]

reportedly therer were 20 teams who expressed interest.

The Giants had 2 visits with him I beleive, but didn't sign him because he wants too much money.

I don't see this happening...

Guest schotzee

[quote name='BengalsOwn' post='231698' date='Mar 14 2006, 12:01 PM'][quote name='schotzee' post='231682' date='Mar 14 2006, 11:52 AM']
[quote name='Dan_Bengals_NJ' post='231664' date='Mar 14 2006, 11:33 AM']
[quote name='Jason' post='231657' date='Mar 14 2006, 11:27 AM']

went in the toilet.
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

reportedly therer were 20 teams who expressed interest.

The Giants had 2 visits with him I beleive, but didn't sign him because he wants too much money.

[b]I don't see this happening...[/b]
[/quote]

Yea,I'm a doubting Thomas as well.I hope we are wrong.

Guest schotzee

[quote name='Nati Ice' post='231704' date='Mar 14 2006, 12:05 PM'][quote name='Jason' post='231699' date='Mar 14 2006, 12:03 PM']
Per Picoro (sp?) per Hobson, place no credence in these reports.

For those of you who were listening to him, that was my email he read.[/quote]
sumbitch!

:1violin:
[/quote]
Damn.But that Holmes dude at DDN was reporting talks could be heating up also.
Marvin must know he'll want big bucks already,so if he isn't really serious or interested
in signing him why would they say talks could be heating up?

Guest BlackJesus
[quote name='BengalsNYC' post='231624' date='Mar 14 2006, 11:02 AM']BJ,

Lance McAlister is a sports radio personality on 1360AM The Sports Animal. His word isn't actually golden but he's reporting what Bengals personnel is feeding him. Although we all thought Sapp was a done deal too and look what happened. I'm on the fence on whether or not I want LaVar. I always just say, If Marvin wants him on the team, then I do too. It certainly adds a big name to our defense, but does it raise our game? I'm all for improving the team but Marvin must be certain he can corral Arrington free lancing demeanor.[/quote]

[b] thanks .... cause when I googled him I got this cock slurper .....[/b]

[center][img]http://www.nsync-world.com/Photos/photo_archive/archive_pics/Lance.jpg[/img][/center]

Guest schotzee
[quote name='BlackJesus' post='231721' date='Mar 14 2006, 12:23 PM'][quote name='BengalsNYC' post='231624' date='Mar 14 2006, 11:02 AM']
BJ,

Lance McAlister is a sports radio personality on 1360AM The Sports Animal. His word isn't actually golden but he's reporting what Bengals personnel is feeding him. Although we all thought Sapp was a done deal too and look what happened. I'm on the fence on whether or not I want LaVar. I always just say, If Marvin wants him on the team, then I do too. It certainly adds a big name to our defense, but does it raise our game? I'm all for improving the team but Marvin must be certain he can corral Arrington free lancing demeanor.[/quote]

[b] thanks .... cause when I googled him I got this cock slurper .....[/b]

[center][img]http://www.nsync-world.com/Photos/photo_archive/archive_pics/Lance.jpg[/img][/center]
[/quote]
[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/24.gif[/img] I don't know what it is about some of your statements,but I laugh my ass off
at a lot of them.

[quote name='Jason' post='231699' date='Mar 14 2006, 12:03 PM']Per Picoro (sp?) per Hobson, place no credence in these reports.

For those of you who were listening to him, that was my email he read.[/quote]

I'm not discounting Hobson, but we know he is not well connected. As most of us know that listen to Lance's show, his peep is Dave Lapham. Who is well connected and has many personal friends on the coaching staff and inside the organization. Lap is guy who is more right than most. The next 48 hours will be very interesting to see whether any of these rumors hold water.

[quote name='Doctor Nick' post='231746' date='Mar 14 2006, 12:49 PM']Dave Lapham also said that a fight happened in the locker room as well..I don't think that was 100% correct either.[/quote]

No, Lap said "something" happened and it was with Chad. He was very clear in not saying a fight. He also said there was screaming and alot of emotion. He never said there was a fight. From all accounts he was correct.

[quote name='Rick' post='231500' date='Mar 14 2006, 08:31 AM'][quote name='TheBZ' post='231471' date='Mar 14 2006, 03:40 AM']
That would certainly fulfill the need for another pass-rushing, wouldn't it?

I have trouble believing there is really a chance there...But it is fun to imagine.

We'll file this one under...Wait and see.

BZ[/quote]

Hey TheBZ, you wrote that at [b][color="#FF0000"]03:40 AM [/color] [/b]is morning. WHAT are you doing that late (or early) up? Do you ever sleep?
[/quote]

Canadian dont sleep....they wait.

:ninja:

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='231759' date='Mar 14 2006, 02:09 PM'][quote name='Rick' post='231500' date='Mar 14 2006, 08:31 AM']
[quote name='TheBZ' post='231471' date='Mar 14 2006, 03:40 AM']

I have trouble believing there is really a chance there...But it is fun to imagine.

BZ[/quote]

Hey TheBZ, you wrote that at [b][color="#FF0000"]03:40 AM [/color] [/b]is morning. WHAT are you doing that late (or early) up? Do you ever sleep?
[/quote]

[/quote]

Well, if your country's greatest claim to fame was
producing both Bryan Adams and Celine Dion........

you wouldn't able to sleep either.

[quote name='Dan_Bengals_NJ' post='231638' date='Mar 14 2006, 11:13 AM']This has future Bengaldom dissapointment written all over it.

Word.

[quote name='ONYX' post='231760' date='Mar 14 2006, 01:14 PM'][quote name='Jamie_B' post='231759' date='Mar 14 2006, 02:09 PM']
[quote name='Rick' post='231500' date='Mar 14 2006, 08:31 AM']

BZ[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//24.gif[/img] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//24.gif[/img] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//24.gif[/img] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//24.gif[/img] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//24.gif[/img]

Guest Claptonrocks

[quote name='sneaky' post='231760' date='Mar 14 2006, 01:14 PM'][quote name='Jamie_B' post='231759' date='Mar 14 2006, 02:09 PM']
[quote name='Rick' post='231500' date='Mar 14 2006, 08:31 AM']

BZ[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Id have to put Neil Young and Shania Twain ahead of those two...

Archived