Jamie Martin

Guest ThurmanMunster
i hope he signs tomorrow, would really put another smile on my face knowing we have a quality backup who has shown time and time again in his career that he can step in as a backup and give his team a chance to win.

[quote name='NASTYNATI' post='231264' date='Mar 13 2006, 08:47 PM']if we sign this bum ill be pissed![/quote]
this guy isnt a bum.

This is a guy that succeded with a offense similar to ours, and if Carson isnt ready, it would be awesome for this guy to step in.

Guest rmcna86394
[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='231257' date='Mar 13 2006, 08:39 PM']i hope he signs tomorrow, would really put another smile on my face knowing we have a quality backup who has shown time and time again in his career that he can step in as a backup and give his team a chance to win.[/quote]

Having won 4 out of the 8 games he started last season with the Rams isn't bad. I'd be happy if in case that Palmer is out for the beginning of the season we went 2-2.

I know some people hate hearing "expert" advice, but here's a little bit about Martin who is listed as the 11th best FA QB on espn.com

[quote]Grade 61
Expert's Take Eight-year veteran that has basically been a career backup or spot starter when injuries arise. In the Rams system because he is a Mike Martz favorite that has an excellent feel for the system. He has solid size for the position. He is a pocket passer  comfortable at 3, 5 and 7 from inside the tackle box. He is smart and a solid decision maker. He will take what the defense gives him - not a guy that will force the action or try to do more than he is capable of. He shows solid short to intermediate touch. He does a good job of leading the receiver on short to intermediate crossing routes. He shows solid throwing mechanics. He is not a very good athlete  limited mobility to move outside the pocket and throw. He does not show a very good feel for pressure and tends to hold the ball too long. He has average to below average arm strength for the position. He does not show the consistent arm strength to throw into the deep outs and curls. He is slow in his set quickness. He shows below average release quickness  not a lot of pop when the ball comes off his hand. He is more of a caretaker  does not show a lot of big play flair in their offense despite having numerous above average weapons. Overall he has topped out. He has value as a backup because he is a smart, veteran that can come in and make good decisions with the football. He has never had value as a starter in this league.[/quote]

Full Name: Jamie Blane Martin
Born: February 8, 1970
Orange, CA
Height: 6-2
Weight: 205 lbs. Age: 36
Pos: QB
Experience: 11 years
College: Weber State

Guest Claptonrocks
Everytime I read that analysis on him I think " hell Krenzel has more talent than this guy"....
I wouldnt be surprised if they sign him and during the course of preseason Krenzel beats him out for the number one job until Carson returns.
In any case with Martin, they have a vet thats been thru the wars...

[quote name='Nati Ice' post='231242' date='Mar 13 2006, 08:16 PM'][quote name='#22' post='231212' date='Mar 13 2006, 07:25 PM']
Jamie Martin could be

THE KEY!!![/quote]
THE KEY!!!!!!11
[/quote]
[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/24.gif[/img]
Johnsons4Life had a double post

[quote name='NASTYNATI' post='231264' date='Mar 13 2006, 08:47 PM']if we sign this bum ill be pissed![/quote]

who do u suggest we sign then???

i don't think there's anyone better right now in FA that would fit are needs any better. this guy won't demand alot of money and we are only going to need him for 3-4 games, he proved last year with the rams offense that he can win games and our recivers are the same if not better than the rams set of recievers.

[quote name='Claptonrocks' post='231411' date='Mar 13 2006, 11:46 PM']I think they sign him .. a vet with some experience .. then let Martin and Krenzel battle it out in preseason for the job..[/quote]

lets be honest, palmer will be back. :1hump:

no complications so far, (if there were he wouldnt be walking much or would have an obserd brace from what im told) so without any complications in the future, he will be jogging in 4-6 weeks and "running" and starting some cuts in 8-10 weeks, which takes us to june/july. i dont think we will see palmer in the preseason except maybe a few hand offs early and a short drop and pass then sit.. maybe a wtr in the final game to get some game speed down...

but if he is on schedule and stays that way, he will be there september 10th(i think) to start the season.

:o [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//33.gif[/img] :unsure: B) ^_^

This dude is a kitna loving jockstrap rida :1hump: , trust me i know he is my roommate and he almost cried [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//20.gif[/img] when i told him shitna was as good as gone today

[quote name='TheWretchedMass' post='231532' date='Mar 14 2006, 09:31 AM']If we can get a defense.

Who the hell cares who our QB is if Carson misses a few games.[/quote]
:blink:

edit: fuck it, ill play for you marvin... just give me the league min for a couple games and ill suit up... just dont force me to actually try to do anything besides hand the ball off...

i guess you could sort of say im the cheap version of big jen

Jamie Martin is accurate and has experience two qualities I like.

However the thing I hate about him is that just like Kitna he is very limited in what he can do. He can't get the ball down field and as we saw against the Steelers once we are limited to a 15 yard range, our offense does not look 1/2 as good. Personally I would have prefered someone less accurate, but with the ability to get the ball downfield. With our talented recievers, O-line and running game, any QB in our system will look more accurate than the probably are, if they can get the ball downfield.

With that said it looks like he will sign with the Bengals, so I guess we are stuck with him. Hopefully he impresses.

[quote name='FulcherVulcher33' post='231424' date='Mar 13 2006, 11:56 PM'][quote name='NASTYNATI' post='231264' date='Mar 13 2006, 08:47 PM']
if we sign this bum ill be pissed![/quote]

This dude is a kitna loving jockstrap rida :1hump: , trust me i know he is my roommate and he almost cried [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//20.gif[/img] when i told him shitna was as good as gone today
[/quote]

this guys a fucktard :685:

i say we work out krenzel (yes i said krenzel even tho he's a buckeye), doug johnson and bank on palmer coming back on time... we signed a veteran safety, and its obvious marvin plans on working on the defense this offseason so with that being said, our offense wont have to work so hard to win every game. we can spend a 4th or 5th round pick on a qb and let him come in and battle for the number 2-3 qb position if need be. i just dont see the point in spending money on a guy like martin who is another jon kitna without the knowledge of this offense, friendship with palmer, or the leadership role he plays with the entire team (hell chad johnson still runs to celebrate with him after each td grab). the relationship between palmer and kitna isnt some bs on camera friendship, i really believe that palmer will be upset without him to look to on the sidelines.

again ill be pissed if we sign martin, but im sure that marvin will do what he thinks is best... if we hadnt signed jackson id say that martin is a shoe in for the job, but im not so sure that marvin and brown are going to start throwing money around this fast.

Archived