!!! THE OFFICIAL GO-BENGALS.COM 2008 NFL DRAFT THREAD !!!

This whole Levi rumor is stinking of a smokescreen. I'm not the type that goes into denial over this type of thing, but with there apparently a rumored deal between the Saints and Ravens going down, I could see us raising the bluff on taking an O-lineman to move out of the 9 slot - more than likely down. Just a guess, though.

Or, just another day in Bengal land.

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='657572' date='Apr 26 2008, 12:27 PM']I guess you have lost your damned mind if you believe every little fucking rumor anymore.

:crazy:

Jamie didn't lose it until about Wednesday. What's your excuse?[/quote]

So 1181, who do you consider to be a reliable source?

Levi wanted out last season, did he not?

From a reliable source... :P

LEVI WANTS OUT OF CINCY, TOO
Posted by [b]Mike Florio[/b] on April 26, 2008, 12:25 p.m.

Receiver Chad Johnson isn’t the only guy who wants out of Cincinnati.

According to Adam Schefter of NFL Network, tackle Levi Jones recently asked for a trade.

Per Schefter, Jones wants out because of disagreements with the coaching staff.

Jones, the tenth overall pick in 2002, is signed through 2012, at salaries of $3 million in 2008, $3 million in 2009, $3.75 million in 2010, $4.55 million in 2011, and $5 million in 2012.

Jones’ interest in leaving is another reason for the Bengals to dig in their heels on Chad Johnson. Once they let Johnson leave, any other player who has a stick in his butt will try to get out, too.
[b]
As to Jones, maybe the best way to get his rear end in line is to have Joey Porter (and six other guys) come to town and kick it again.[/b] :D

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='657582' date='Apr 26 2008, 12:32 PM']Schefter is usually pretty on, could he be getting some BS? Sure but he never makes things up.[/quote]

I don't think Schefter is making anything up, but you do have to seriously consider it as misinformation supplied by someone in the Bengal organization. Perhaps they want that out there so teams looking at OT will bite and trade up out of fear the Bengals will take an OL at #9. More Offense players taken before our pick the better.

It also seems odd the Willie retirement rumor surfaced yesterday.

Just say'n.....

[quote name='Phatcat' post='657594' date='Apr 26 2008, 11:37 AM']I don't think Schefter is making anything up, but you do have to seriously consider it as misinformation supplied by someone in the Bengal organization. Perhaps they want that out there so teams looking at OT will bite and trade up out of fear the Bengals will take an OL at #9. More Offense players taken before our pick the better.

It also seems odd the Willie retirement rumor surfaced yesterday.

Just say'n.....[/quote]

Can only hope

Report: Rams select Chris Long with No. 2 pick

NFL Network

NFL Network's Adam Schefter is reporting that the St. Louis Rams will select Virginia defensive end Chris Long with the No. 2 overall pick in the 2008 NFL draft. Long is expected to help a defensive unit that gave up more points per game last season than any other team except the Detroit Lions.

Projected by many as the top pick, Chris Long found out this week that he wouldn't be the first player to stride to the podium to smile and hold up his new jersey. That honor will belong to Michigan offensive tackle Jake Long, who has already signed with the Miami Dolphins.

"You know you're going to have to show up at training camp in about two weeks, maybe even less," Long told the Associated Press on Thursday. "I'm just looking forward to getting picked up. It doesn't matter who to me. I'm anxious to be on a team and part of an organization and start working towards something."

The Associated Press contributed to this report

This is really good news. Pushes Dorsey down and he may slip past ATL at #3 if they take Ryan.

[quote name='BengalsOwn' post='657588' date='Apr 26 2008, 11:35 AM']So 1181, who do you consider to be a reliable source?

Levi wanted out last season, did he not?[/quote]

Levi complained last season when he found out he wasn't the starter. Then he recanted his comments, and apologized during the season.

For all we know, Schefter is just reporting what some ball boy overheard where Levi said "I'd love to play with Peyton Manning some day". Next thing you know, its being reported Levi wants to be traded.

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='657601' date='Apr 26 2008, 11:46 AM']Levi complained last season when he found out he wasn't the starter. Then he recanted his comments, and apologized during the season.

For all we know, Schefter is just reporting what some ball boy overheard where Levi said "I'd love to play with Peyton Manning some day". Next thing you know, its being reported Levi wants to be traded.[/quote]

Levi is one of the moodier SOBs you'll see in the league. This doesn't bug me a bit. He's pissed b/c he had a shitty year last year and Marvin has called him on it. Be a man Levi, own it and strive to do better.

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='657601' date='Apr 26 2008, 12:46 PM']Levi complained last season when he found out he wasn't the starter. Then he recanted his comments, and apologized during the season.

For all we know, Schefter is just reporting what some ball boy overheard where Levi said "I'd love to play with Peyton Manning some day". Next thing you know, its being reported Levi wants to be traded.[/quote]

Yeah, because Schefter is a horrible source of NFL insider news, and doesn't know any better than that. He's just a no good rumor monger, who collects a paycheck from the NFL despite being so horrible.

If I had any fingernails left, I'd bite them off. As it stands, I'm reduced to suckling on the bloody, nubby ends of what were once my fingertips.

The Bengals really, REALLY need to get it right in this draft, and we need impact players that stay [b]healthy[/b]!

[quote name='BengalsOwn' post='657609' date='Apr 26 2008, 12:00 PM']Yeah, because Schefter is a horrible source of NFL insider news, and doesn't know any better than that. He's just a no good rumor monger, who collects a paycheck from the NFL despite being so horrible.[/quote]
he also knows everything just because he is being paid by the NFL and types up rumors that are 50/50 at best for truth.

Take this with a grain of salt, anybody who says anything about a team who doesn't happen to be a GM or coach is usually a liar.

[quote]RAIDERS TO TAKE MCFADDEN
Posted by Mike Florio on April 26, 2008, 12:45 p.m.

Well, the Chiefs are now on the clock.

Michael Smith of ESPN reports that the Oakland Raiders will select Arkansas running back Darren McFadden with the fourth overall pick in the draft.

The Raiders were able to make their decision because the Fins have signed Jake Long, and it’s being widely reported that the Rams will take Chris Long and the Falcons will select Matt Ryan at No. 2 and No. 3, respectively.

So we’re actually a little bit ahead of where we would have been if the draft had started at noon.

The Chiefs are on the clock.[/quote]

take it for what it's worth, but from talking to the teams, ESPN is reporting that it will go down like this:

Miami - Jake Long (duh)
Rams - Chris Long (being reported)
Falcons - Matt Ryan (being reported)
Raiders - McFadden (being reported)

Again, very well could be smokescreens reported to ESPN.

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='657614' date='Apr 26 2008, 12:04 PM']take it for what it's worth, but from talking to the teams, ESPN is reporting that it will go down like this:

Miami - Jake Long (duh)

Again, very well could be smokescreens reported to ESPN.[/quote]

Same thing is being reported on NFL Network.

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='657617' date='Apr 26 2008, 12:07 PM']Could we actually have a CHOICE between Dorsey and Ellis? :o :anticipate:[/quote]

only if the saints pull the trigger on Shockey and or Lito Sheppard, eliminating their ability to trade up. I really don't think they'll pull the trigger until Ellis is gone though.

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='657614' date='Apr 26 2008, 01:04 PM']take it for what it's worth, but from talking to the teams, ESPN is reporting that it will go down like this:

Miami - Jake Long (duh)

Again, very well could be smokescreens reported to ESPN.[/quote]

Fox is also reporting that the Saints are close to trading their second for Shockey.

[url="http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/8074688?MSNHPHMA"]http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/8074688?MSNHPHMA[/url]

Could push them away from ellis trade up.

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='657623' date='Apr 26 2008, 01:11 PM']oh i agree, but i meant in terms of i didnt think we could get either yesterday[/quote]

There are still teams ahead of us that like D-linemen. But it is looking better all the time.

Archived