*** WHAT KINDA GEAR YOU GOT? ***

The geek forums i visit for DSLR's have their gear in their sig, since that wouldnt make sense here, i figured id make a thread.

My Gear:

[b]Bodies:[/b]
Canon XSi Kit w/ 18-55mm IS Lens
Canon XTi Kit w/ 18-55mm Lens

[b]Lenses:[/b]
Canon EF-S 60MM Macro
Canon EF 75-300 f4-5.6 MM IS USM Telephoto Lens

[b]Others:[/b]
Canon Monopod 100
Sunpak Heavy Duty Tripod
Battery Grip Pack for XTi
Random Extra Batteries and Memory Cards, etc.

• 1 month later...
[quote name='GoBengals' post='672931' date='Jun 13 2008, 05:28 PM']The geek forums i visit for DSLR's have their gear in their sig, since that wouldnt make sense here, i figured id make a thread.[/quote]

My Gear:

[b]Bodies:[/b]
Canon 30D w/ 18-55mm Lens

[b]Lenses:[/b]
Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8 L
Canon EF 75-300mm f/4-5.6 III
The Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II

[b]Others:[/b]
Monopod
Battery Grip Pack for 30D
Random Extra Batteries and Memory Cards, etc.

Working towards Canon EF 300mm f/4.0 L IS and hope to have it by training camp.

I've got a Nikon D80. Picked it up near end of life and saved a ton. 10.2 megapixels.

And I just picked up a killer lens:

[img]http://www.nikon.com.au/products/825/ff2662b928/AFS_DX_VR18_200_image_L.jpg[/img]

AF-S DX VR Zoom-Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G IF-ED. Does everything, and has VR.

So I'm selling my prior lenses, an 18-55, and 55-200.

I decided to switch when I missed a terrific shot of a beautiful [s]macaw[/s] cockatoo while I was farting around changing lenses <_<

Glad I went with the D80 and not the D40/D60. I couldn't imagine using this heavy lens on one of those smaller, lighter bodies.

• 3 weeks later...
My Gear:

Bodies:
Canon 30D
Canon 40D (proud new owner!!! since last Friday!)

Lenses:
Canon EF 18-55 (standard lens with 30D)
Canon EF 28-135 IS USM (standard lens with 40D), me love this lens...
Canon EF 75-300mm f/4-5.6 III
salivate over a 75-300 f/2.8 every time I see it!!! will have eventually.

Others:
Canon 580 EX II Flash
Stroboframe swivel flash mount w/ accompanying Canon offshoe cord
Sunpak Heavy Duty Tripod
Random Extra Batteries and Memory Cards (11 gig worth of Sandisk Extreme III cards), etc.

Printers:
Kodak 1400 Thermal Dye-Sublimation
Canon Selphy CP740 Thermal Dye-Sublimation

I shoot with a Nikon D70 with 18-70 mm and 70-300 mm lenses.

Looks like we've got a bunch of Canon fans here; when I got mine years ago, the Canon was cheaper but took like 5 seconds to 'boot up' once turned on, while the Nikon was ready instantly - do they still have this problem?

[quote name='Go Tory Go!' post='684643' date='Aug 6 2008, 01:11 AM']I shoot with a Nikon D70 with 18-70 mm and 70-300 mm lenses.

Looks like we've got a bunch of Canon fans here; when I got mine years ago, the Canon was cheaper but took like 5 seconds to 'boot up' once turned on, while the Nikon was ready instantly - do they still have this problem?[/quote]
No.....

I know the 30D and 40D (I've not looked at the XTi or XSi specs) are instant boot. If you're on and off shooting you leave it powered on, it'll go into "sleep" mode (for lack of a better term) and when you're ready to shoot again click the shutter button and you instantly (I think they rate it at like 3/10's of a second) have focus and shoot.

[quote name='Vol_Bengal' post='684722' date='Aug 6 2008, 10:12 AM']No.....

I know the 30D and 40D (I've not looked at the XTi or XSi specs) are instant boot. If you're on and off shooting you leave it powered on, it'll go into "sleep" mode (for lack of a better term) and when you're ready to shoot again click the shutter button and you instantly (I think they rate it at like 3/10's of a second) have focus and shoot.[/quote]

yea, my xti and xsi are instant as you mentioned....

Archived