Count me officially on the "Fuck TJ Housh" Bandwagon

Eisen, Solomon and TJ were talking about Lapham's statement last week that half the team would gladly drive Chad to the airport.

TJ said that's not true. They would only do it gladly if they were going with him.

I was ok with TJ until that.

Fuck you TJ Houshmandzadeh! I hope Ndukwe knocks you into next month the next time we play!

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='764914' date='Apr 17 2009, 07:18 PM']granted I haven't watched the clip, but my first impression when I read this was meaning "his teammates have his back".

I understand how you took it though and maybe that's what he really meant.[/quote]
He definitely meant it as they want out of Cincinnati.
When they started talking about chad i knew some smart ass comment was coming

I love how players talk shit when they leave the Bengals...

First it was Rudi, who went to DETROIT.

Now Housh, who for some reason thinks the Seagulls have this bright shiny future when they couldn't even maintain control of the NFC West.

Glass houses?

[quote name='T-Dub' post='764944' date='Apr 17 2009, 06:04 PM']I love how players talk shit when they leave the Bengals...

First it was Rudi, who went to DETROIT.

Now Housh, who for some reason thinks the Seagulls have this bright shiny future when they couldn't even maintain control of the NFC West.

Glass houses?[/quote]

And when they get on TV after they leave, its still all about the Bengals.
Who's bigger Rudi - the team or you?
And TJ gets on TV to talk about Chad, not about the Hawks.

I dont know why anyone would be surprised by that, he was offered a fair contract and turned it down to get out of town.

2013, it's going to be interesting when everyone's favorite starts sounding like a number of our ex-players.

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='764946' date='Apr 17 2009, 06:11 PM']I dont know why anyone would be surprised by that, he was offered a fair contract and turned it down to get out of town.

2013, it's going to be interesting when everyone's favorite starts sounding like a number of our ex-players.[/quote]

I doubt he leaves, but If he did he would probably not say anything objectionable. Why would he?

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='764946' date='Apr 17 2009, 08:11 PM']I dont know why anyone would be surprised by that, he was offered a fair contract and turned it down to get out of town.[/quote]

He turned it down for more money to get out of town.

And what the hell does that have to do with Chad, and
TJ saying other players would be happy to leave too?

[quote]2013, it's going to be interesting when everyone's favorite starts sounding like a number of our ex-players.[/quote]

Do I really need to post a eye rolling smiley here?

You seem awful confident that Carson is a money hungry douchebag like TJ and Chad.

I never heard Justin, Madieu, Landon, Deltha or a host of others talking shit.
Hell, Rudi and Willie only talked shit after being cut. And Willie tried to give a
counter offer to stay. So please spare me.

tj wanted out because everyone thinks he is a one dimensional #2 posession receiver. he ever said himself that the seahawks think so too, and he plans to prove them wrong, he knows thats all he will ever be here, he lobbied hard for more route options, he isnt quick enough to go deep, he thinks he is. he has some ego issues like every other receiver, we will see how he does without palmer or chad...

he HATED his role here, and thought he shoulda been THE man, he thinks he will be...

there were about 5 players who thinks they are gods gift to the team, and those players always wanted to leave, all but 2 of them are gone.... chad and levi remain.

and wouldnt you know it... we are shopping both.

[quote name='oldschooler' post='764954' date='Apr 17 2009, 09:26 PM']He turned it down for more money to get out of town.

And what the hell does that have to do with Chad, and
TJ saying other players would be happy to leave too?

Do I really need to post a eye rolling smiley here?

You seem awful confident that Carson is a money hungry douchebag like TJ and Chad.

I never heard Justin, Madieu, Landon, Deltha or a host of others talking shit.
Hell, Rudi and Willie only talked shit after being cut. And Willie tried to give a
counter offer to stay. So please spare me.[/quote]

Yes old, for every one of them it's completely about the money. :rolleyes:

Sportscasters favorite pastime is eliciting globs of spit for the Bengals. TJ was just feeding them what he knows they want to hear. He gave us a lot of good years. That’s good enough for me. I don’t care about whatever bones he tosses to sportscasters to gain their favor. He loses a couple of notches in the class department though.

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='764957' date='Apr 17 2009, 08:33 PM']Yes old, for every one of them it's completely about the money. :rolleyes:[/quote]

Where did I say that at?
I was talking about TJ and Chad. And pointed out others
that wanted to stay, didn't bitch and bash after leaving ect.

I haven't heard JT bashing and moaning.
For every one you can point out, I can point out
one that hasn't been a money hungry douche.

[quote name='oldschooler' post='764961' date='Apr 17 2009, 09:40 PM']Where did I say that at?

one that hasn't been a money hungry douche.[/quote]

We offered TJ a pretty fair contract in which he would have been making more than Chad.

You believe what you want, I disagree.

I see Chad gone...this team has to do something more than being known for what Chad does. I'm ready for some smash mouth football here just like everybody else. No more worries about what he is gonna do next...play football. Marvin has to get it done this year. ;)

[quote name='oldschooler' post='764961' date='Apr 17 2009, 09:40 PM']Where did I say that at?

one that hasn't been a money hungry douche.[/quote]

Good point. I personally don't think the Bengals are the greatest organization to play for, but I don't think guys are just counting down the days until they can get out of here either.

Doesn't mean shit. Former employee/employer bullshit.

Takeo ran a bunch of smack and hasn't sniffed a playoff game, Dillon won a Superbowl.

An office of 20 people making the same money will seperate themselves for some reason and have all sorts of things to say after one leaves.

What the fuck do you think a NFL lockeroom has that has 3/4 different earning levels and the average age of mid-20s has to say?

Some are going to wish they could join TJ. Some are going say Fuck you to TJ and a whole bunch in between.

You guys realize all the stuff in the NFL.com/Nfl network/Espn is just soap opera bullshit?

I personally don't think it has anything to do with winning football.

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='764946' date='Apr 17 2009, 08:11 PM']I dont know why anyone would be surprised by that, he was offered a fair contract and turned it down to get out of town.

2013, it's going to be interesting when everyone's favorite starts sounding like a number of our ex-players.[/quote]

well your a bit off. carson will never speak poorly of anyone here, even if he grows to hate it,

many players around the league like marvin, and obviously zimmer and fitz are liked and have huge track records of success, i wont waste my time about brat as it falls on dumb ears.

ray lewis was on the phone with marv a few times, and money was discussed, but the ravens gave him the "till you retire" deal he was looking for and we wouldnt pony up more than 3-4 years.. which is logical.

PS: slightly off topic, i thought it was reported than ray signed like a 3-5 year deal in Baltimore... its 7 years..

2009 1000000.00
2010 4250000.00
2011 4500000.00
2012 4950000.00
2013 5400000.00
2014 5850000.00
2015 6300000.00

thats the years and base pay of his deals per the players association.

the only players who dislike being here, are bitchy queens who want to be the f'n man and be in the spotlight and be pampered, and many teams will do this for many players... its not gonna happen here.

not anytime soon anyway..

the only players to ever complain about it here were total cocksuckers..

dillon
pickens
chad
tj
rudi

conveniently enough, the loudest mouths to leave any team..

so the only voice of the team is a bitchy one.

unless a player has cast their own legacy in a place, they dont go around praising the team they are on... players say good things, on a few occasions, when they get PAID (like chad, you know 20 months before he demanded to leave) when they retire, and when they win a superbowl.

lots of steelers players over the years bitching, the linemen whoever he was who wanted paid, hines ward refused to comment until he finally got paid, after skipping team activities, then gave the hooray speech after getting his cash..

its amazing some of you are fooled by this behavior into thinking athletes arent working jobs, they arent Cincinnati Alum, they give no fucks who is paying them, just better be the one willing to pay them the most.

to bitched and hated the eagles, and the 49ers..
boldin wants out..
wanrer shopped himself around cause he was splitting hairs over a few mil and how many years, he is like 72 years old.

players, like every single one of us.. are looking out for themselves and their families..

anyone wanted a player to love the bengals like theygrew up watching them are going to be disapointed every time.

teams dont love palyers, they cut them when they cant play anymore.. and players want to maximize themselves...

its business..

the chance of geting a blockbuster overpaid deal here is zero.

everyone gets paid proper... palmers deal is HUGE, he's making like 12-15mil per year on the cap the rest of his deal...

if he were being paid 4 mil he would complain, if chad and tj were both being paid 12 mil ayear both would be buying orange and black houses to celebrate.

[quote name='GoBengals' post='764966' date='Apr 17 2009, 09:47 PM']well your a bit off. carson will never speak poorly of anyone here, even if he grows to hate it,

many players around the league like marvin, and obviously zimmer and fitz are liked and have huge track records of success, i wont waste my time about brat as it falls on dumb ears.

ray lewis was on the phone with marv a few times, and money was discussed, but the ravens gave him the "till you retire" deal he was looking for and we wouldnt pony up more than 3-4 years.. which is logical.

PS: slightly off topic, i thought it was reported than ray signed like a 3-5 year deal in Baltimore... its 7 years..

2009 1000000.00
2010 4250000.00
2011 4500000.00
2012 4950000.00
2013 5400000.00
2014 5850000.00
2015 6300000.00

thats the years and base pay of his deals per the players association.

the only players who dislike being here, are bitchy queens who want to be the f'n man and be in the spotlight and be pampered, and many teams will do this for many players... its not gonna happen here.

not anytime soon anyway..

the only players to ever complain about it here were total cocksuckers..

dillon
pickens
chad
tj
rudi

conveniently enough, the loudest mouths to leave any team..

so the only voice of the team is a bitchy one.

unless a player has cast their own legacy in a place, they dont go around praising the team they are on... players say good things, on a few occasions, when they get PAID (like chad, you know 20 months before he demanded to leave) when they retire, and when they win a superbowl.

lots of steelers players over the years bitching, the linemen whoever he was who wanted paid, hines ward refused to comment until he finally got paid, after skipping team activities, then gave the hooray speech after getting his cash..

its amazing some of you are fooled by this behavior into thinking athletes arent working jobs, they arent Cincinnati Alum, they give no fucks who is paying them, just better be the one willing to pay them the most.

to bitched and hated the eagles, and the 49ers..
boldin wants out..
wanrer shopped himself around cause he was splitting hairs over a few mil and how many years, he is like 72 years old.

players, like every single one of us.. are looking out for themselves and their families..

anyone wanted a player to love the bengals like theygrew up watching them are going to be disapointed every time.

teams dont love palyers, they cut them when they cant play anymore.. and players want to maximize themselves...

its business..

the chance of geting a blockbuster overpaid deal here is zero.

everyone gets paid proper... palmers deal is HUGE, he's making like 12-15mil per year on the cap the rest of his deal...

if he were being paid 4 mil he would complain, if chad and tj were both being paid 12 mil ayear both would be buying orange and black houses to celebrate.[/quote]

None of the other guys that left were the teams "star" player either.

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='764962' date='Apr 17 2009, 08:42 PM']We offered TJ a pretty fair contract in which he would have been making more than Chad.

You believe what you want, I disagree.[/quote]

And the Seahawks offered more than the Bengals, and more years.
Plus their leading reciever last season was a TE.

TJ wanted $10 million per season. The Bengals offered less than that.
And less than what he got from the Seahawks.
They also had a WR who was clearly the #1 over TJ.

Coles is making more than Chad now too. So?

I really don't know how you equate that to mean more than it does.

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='764970' date='Apr 17 2009, 09:50 PM']None of the other guys that left were the teams "star" player either.[/quote]

To think TJ was buddy/buddy with everyone in the lockeroom is just fucking stupid. There's probalbly an good amount of players that are happy to see TJ go.

TJ ran in circles that kissed Chad's ass, of course TJ thinks everyone would want to follow Chad out of Cincinnati.

Pro Players aren't fans. They don't sit around an whine "Gee, TJ is gone what are we going to do now?". Most of them think they should be playing in front of him anyway. I'm sure a bunch would love to drop Chad off at the airport. Just on the basis it gets his high profile butt out of the city. Someone will become fan favorite, someone will pick up the Gold Star Chili spots etc.

It's a job, they want money, and the way to get it is through playing meaningful snaps.

[quote name='scharm' post='764965' date='Apr 18 2009, 09:45 AM']Doesn't mean shit. Former employee/employer bullshit.

Takeo ran a bunch of smack and hasn't sniffed a playoff game, Dillon won a Superbowl.

An office of 20 people making the same money will seperate themselves for some reason and have all sorts of things to say after one leaves.

What the fuck do you think a NFL lockeroom has that has 3/4 different earning levels and the average age of mid-20s has to say?

Some are going to wish they could join TJ. Some are going say Fuck you to TJ and a whole bunch in between.

You guys realize all the stuff in the NFL.com/Nfl network/Espn is just soap opera bullshit?

I personally don't think it has anything to do with winning football.[/quote]
^^

This.

Archived