Count me officially on the "Fuck TJ Housh" Bandwagon

[quote name='scharm' post='764965' date='Apr 17 2009, 08:45 PM']Doesn't mean shit. Former employee/employer bullshit.

Takeo ran a bunch of smack and hasn't sniffed a playoff game, Dillon won a Superbowl.

An office of 20 people making the same money will seperate themselves for some reason and have all sorts of things to say after one leaves.

What the fuck do you think a NFL lockeroom has that has 3/4 different earning levels and the average age of mid-20s has to say?

Some are going to wish they could join TJ. Some are going say Fuck you to TJ and a whole bunch in between.

You guys realize all the stuff in the NFL.com/Nfl network/Espn is just soap opera bullshit?

I personally don't think it has anything to do with winning football.[/quote]

yes

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='764970' date='Apr 17 2009, 08:50 PM']None of the other guys that left were the teams "star" player either.[/quote]

whut?

[quote name='scharm' post='764976' date='Apr 17 2009, 09:02 PM']To think TJ was buddy/buddy with everyone in the lockeroom is just fucking stupid. There's probalbly an good amount of players that are happy to see TJ go.

TJ ran in circles that kissed Chad's ass, of course TJ thinks everyone would want to follow Chad out of Cincinnati.

Pro Players aren't fans. They don't sit around an whine "Gee, TJ is gone what are we going to do now?". Most of them think they should be playing in front of him anyway. I'm sure a bunch would love to drop Chad off at the airport. Just on the basis it gets his high profile butt out of the city. Someone will become fan favorite, someone will pick up the Gold Star Chili spots etc.

It's a job, they want money, and the way to get it is through playing meaningful snaps.[/quote]

yes.

[quote name='Jason' post='764910' date='Apr 17 2009, 08:14 PM']Eisen, Solomon and TJ were talking about Lapham's statement last week that half the team would gladly drive Chad to the airport.

TJ said that's not true. They would only do it gladly if they were going with him.

I was ok with TJ until that.

Fuck you TJ Houshmandzadeh! I hope Ndukwe knocks you into next month the next time we play![/quote]
Can't blame the guy for telling the truth, nobody wants to play for a loser. Those comments do show how much of a cancer TJ had the potential to be though. That's probably why the Bengals are always talking about getting younger because their vets are disgruntled and they need to get fresh blood in that doesn't know how ass backward things can work around PBS sometimes.
I still plan to watch the seahawks every week out here and root for TJ, he's still one of my favorite players.

EDIT - not trying to imply TJ was treated unfairly ever, but I do think players get pissed when they see other teams pampering players in ways the Bengals do not, right or wrong

[quote name='eva4ben-gal' post='764987' date='Apr 17 2009, 10:30 PM']Can't blame the guy for telling the truth, nobody wants to play for a loser. Those comments do show how much of a cancer TJ had the potential to be though. That's probably why the Bengals are always talking about getting younger because their vets are disgruntled and they need to get fresh blood in that doesn't know how ass backward things can work around PBS sometimes.
I still plan to watch the seahawks every week out here and root for TJ, he's still one of my favorite players.[/quote]

No single pro athlete ever played for a loser. That's the deal.

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='764946' date='Apr 17 2009, 09:11 PM']I dont know why anyone would be surprised by that, he was offered a fair contract and turned it down to get out of town.

2013, it's going to be interesting when everyone's favorite starts sounding like a number of our ex-players.[/quote]

Yeah, buy then we will have drafted his replacement even though he can still play.

:ninja:

Interesting. The last cocksucker to talk shit about us went 0-16..

T.J. is potentially going to have a rookie tossing the rock to him. If i were him I would be more worried about his team than Chad and the Bengals. That will be taken care of. His QB throwing tons of picks and losing games is what TJ should focus on.

TJ at least is allowed to talk shit. Rudi sucked and shouldn't have said a peep after we cut his slow ass.

[quote name='GoBengals' post='764956' date='Apr 17 2009, 09:32 PM']there were about 5 players who thinks they are gods gift to the team, and those players always wanted to leave, all but 2 of them are gone.... chad and levi remain.

and wouldnt you know it... we are shopping both.[/quote]

Mediocre players who think they are great when they have mediocre success.

Get rid of them...please.

BZ

Among wide receivers, TJ does not rank high in the ego department. There are many who were less willing to play hurt and take hits running routes in the middle of the field than him. At the very least, he should never be mentioned in the same breath as Pickens, Dillon, or Chad as cantankerous bitchers, no matter how much complaining he did privately. I know you are all insiders and experts on the locker room dynamic, but maybe you'll remember that Carson specifically pointed to him being a team-player and a positive clubhouse influence:

[quote]You all know T.J.s a good locker room guy, he works hard, he’s a good guy for young receivers to watch to see how he takes care of his body and how he prepares for games. So we’re definitely going to miss his leadership and obviously the way he plays on game day.[/quote]

There seems to be a sentiment that the team decided TJ had to go - that it was trying to rid itself of TJ for being among the selfish and disruptive players on the team, in the same way they are shopping Levi and Chad. If that was the case, I can't imagine a reason - other than reverse psychology - that they would have tabled such a huge offer for him to stay.

Here's why I don't really resent him for saying what he did:
TJ didn't really go out of his way to criticize the team; he didn't bring the topic up, and I saw it as being more reactionary than maliciously premeditated. Chad and TJ's camaraderie goes way back - they grew up a lot together from college to 8 years together in the NFL. They may not get along 90% of the time anymore, they may not get along at all, but it's still going to be instinct to stick up for his own when he's disrespected. So, when the interviewers threw out an obvious slight to his longtime teammate from someone associated with team management, insinuating that he is neither wanted nor needed, TJ responded in kind with a clever one-liner. Playground shit.

Seems to me if TJ really hated it here so much, he'd have signed with the Seahawks the second they said hello. Instead, they offered more money, over more years, and he still delayed the bejesus out of his decision. I think TJ's an okay guy, but I think he's Chad's friend before all else, and I think he was looking to say something golden on TV.

I also think we're all total douches for caring about he says... The draft can't get here soon enough.

[quote name='GoBengals' post='764966' date='Apr 17 2009, 09:47 PM']well your a bit off. carson will never speak poorly of anyone here, even if he grows to hate it,

many players around the league like marvin, and obviously zimmer and fitz are liked and have huge track records of success, i wont waste my time about brat as it falls on dumb ears.

ray lewis was on the phone with marv a few times, and money was discussed, but the ravens gave him the "till you retire" deal he was looking for and we wouldnt pony up more than 3-4 years.. which is logical.

PS: slightly off topic, i thought it was reported than ray signed like a 3-5 year deal in Baltimore... its 7 years..

2009 1000000.00
2010 4250000.00
2011 4500000.00
2012 4950000.00
2013 5400000.00
2014 5850000.00
2015 6300000.00

thats the years and base pay of his deals per the players association.

the only players who dislike being here, are bitchy queens who want to be the f'n man and be in the spotlight and be pampered, and many teams will do this for many players... its not gonna happen here.

not anytime soon anyway..

the only players to ever complain about it here were total cocksuckers..

dillon
pickens
chad
tj
rudi

conveniently enough, the loudest mouths to leave any team..

so the only voice of the team is a bitchy one.

unless a player has cast their own legacy in a place, they dont go around praising the team they are on... players say good things, on a few occasions, when they get PAID (like chad, you know 20 months before he demanded to leave) when they retire, and when they win a superbowl.

lots of steelers players over the years bitching, the linemen whoever he was who wanted paid, hines ward refused to comment until he finally got paid, after skipping team activities, then gave the hooray speech after getting his cash..

its amazing some of you are fooled by this behavior into thinking athletes arent working jobs, they arent Cincinnati Alum, they give no fucks who is paying them, just better be the one willing to pay them the most.

to bitched and hated the eagles, and the 49ers..
boldin wants out..
wanrer shopped himself around cause he was splitting hairs over a few mil and how many years, he is like 72 years old.

players, like every single one of us.. are looking out for themselves and their families..

anyone wanted a player to love the bengals like theygrew up watching them are going to be disapointed every time.

teams dont love palyers, they cut them when they cant play anymore.. and players want to maximize themselves...

its business..

the chance of geting a blockbuster overpaid deal here is zero.

everyone gets paid proper... palmers deal is HUGE, he's making like 12-15mil per year on the cap the rest of his deal...

if he were being paid 4 mil he would complain, if chad and tj were both being paid 12 mil ayear both would be buying orange and black houses to celebrate.[/quote]

:applaud:

Thanks for this healthy injection of reality.

[quote name='Jay Lenos Chin' post='765059' date='Apr 18 2009, 06:38 AM']no actually TJ HATED cincinnati
I know a guy who knows TJ from when TJ was looking at buying a condo and TJ told him he hated being here[/quote]

Well, my brother-in-law's, ex roomate's, plumber's, cable guy, said his adopted, step, half brother
read that TJ signed a contract to stay in Cincy back in 2006. And that the only reason he left now
was because he knew it was his last pay day, and he wanted as much as he could get.

[quote name='oldschooler' post='765065' date='Apr 18 2009, 09:01 AM']Well, my brother-in-law's, ex roomate's, plumber's, cable guy, said his adopted, step, half brother
read that TJ signed a contract to stay in Cincy back in 2006. And that the only reason he left now
was because he knew it was his last pay day, and he wanted as much as he could get.[/quote]
sigh
i knew some fucking douchebag would post a comment like this. so ill elaborate a little more on this for you mullettard.

TJ was looking at a condo in covington last year (the same place where Brandon Phillips recently moved to) and I know the guy who is the selling agent for the development. These are 600,000-3,000,000 condos and TJ was going to "rent" for a year and agree to purchase if he resigned with the Bengals. They normally would never rent these but their thought was since TJ is a video gamer, he would have teammates over and they might like the place and buy one. TJ straight up told Mike (the agent) that he hated Cincinnati and decided not to move on the deal because he more than likely would not sign here (and this was right before the season started).
I dont really give a flying fuck if your backwood ass redneck doesnt believe it.

[quote name='Jay Lenos Chin' post='765079' date='Apr 18 2009, 08:56 AM']sigh
i knew some fucking douchebag would post a comment like this. so ill elaborate a little more on this for you mullettard.[/quote]

Whoa, getting a little personal aren't we?

Where did I call you names? Oh that's right, I didn't.

Mullettard huh? ha.

[quote]TJ was looking at a condo in covington last year (the same place where Brandon Phillips recently moved to) and I know the guy who is the selling agent for the development. These are 600,000-3,000,000 condos and TJ was going to "rent" for a year and agree to purchase if he resigned with the Bengals. They normally would never rent these but their thought was since TJ is a video gamer, he would have teammates over and they might like the place and buy one. TJ straight up told Mike (the agent) that he hated Cincinnati and decided not to move on the deal because he more than likely would not sign here (and this was right before the season started).[/quote]

That's great. I am talking about you actually said something without attacking me.

Anyway, TJ has let it be known the reason he didn't show up to OTAs the past 2
seasons that he was a Bengal, was because he felt "underpaid". It is also known
that he wanted $10 million a season, and the Bengals offered him a lot less.
So he felt slighted. So really, I don't see how what you know equals anything
close to he "hated it in Cincinnati". He "hated being underpaid". If the Bengals
would have offered him the most money, he would have taken it. Believe that.

[quote]I dont really give a flying fuck if your backwood ass redneck doesnt believe it.[/quote]

And my ass isn't backwood, and my neck isn't red. But whatever makes you feel better.

Notice how I didn't call you any names? It won't happen again, if you continue.
Believe that too.

i didn't hear anything in that video that was really that outlandish. it's common knowledge that syndrome has perpetuated for years with the bengals, so i'm not surprised that half the team would truely like to play for a top notch organization, if they had their way. multiple players have expressed a similar refrain after leaving this town, a helluva lot more than what you hear for an average franchise. so i'm not shocked nor surprised by what he said. TJ's always been an outspoken guy. so much so, that i was somewhat surprised he bit his tongue throughout his days, here. solly was laughing and joining in with a similar slant and i didn't hear any of you guys climbing his ass.

football's a competitive game, you play to win, and the constant sub par effort from the top gets to these guys. that's always been a part of this organization and you might as well get used to it, if you haven't by now. much ado about nothing.

[quote name='T-Dub' post='765053' date='Apr 18 2009, 06:05 AM']You do know he holds the franchise rushing record, correct?[/quote]
Yeah. Pretty sad huh? 1458 yards. He had six running backs in front of him that year in rushing too.

Archived