"The Hangover"

Go Skins

I saw it Tues. night in DC....

My biggest fear, the trailer gave everything away. It does not, although they should have kept the Mike Tyson cameo out of it. I still think this movie is similar to "Dude, Where's My Car?" but I was laughing throughout, as was the audience.

The story, 4 guys going to Vegas, and overnight from drinking, loses the groom who is supposed to be married the following day. They go from place to place trying to get clues to put the pieces together of their night of drinking to find their friend and get him back to LA to get hitched.

There are some minor plot holes toward the end as everything gets wrapped, but the laughs alone make this worth full price for. This could be "Tropic Thunder" movie for 2009, makes 15 to 20 mil this weekend, word of mouth gets around, and eventually gets to 100 million or more in box office gross.

Just got back from the premiere at the levee and this movie is absolutely hilarious!
The laughs are pretty much solid throughout and is definitely worth the money.
See it if you were planning too, and see it even if u weren't.
One of the best movies i've seen recently.

[quote name='Go Skins' post='780388' date='Jun 4 2009, 09:36 AM']How did you think Tropic Thunder wasn't funny?[/quote]
Lets' see... didn't laugh through the whole movie = not funny.

I thought the plot was stupid and predictable, and the general tone of the movie was Hollywood self-promotion and self-congratulatory, so I couldn't relate at all. Same reason the Oscars make me barf. So, again, not funny. Glad you enjoyed it, though. I recognize that we all have different tastes, and I respect that.

[quote name='CatScratchFever' post='780810' date='Jun 5 2009, 06:17 PM']Lets' see... didn't laugh through the whole movie = not funny.

I thought the plot was stupid and predictable, and the general tone of the movie was Hollywood self-promotion and self-congratulatory, so I couldn't relate at all. Same reason the Oscars make me barf. So, again, not funny. Glad you enjoyed it, though. I recognize that we all have different tastes, and I respect that.[/quote]

Fair enough, and it made over 40 million this weekend, very close to beating "Up" (please, allow the final numbers to knock "Up" from it's perch), so word of mouth should get around.

[quote name='Go Skins' post='781016' date='Jun 7 2009, 10:07 PM']Fair enough, and it made over 40 million this weekend, very close to beating "Up" (please, allow the final numbers to knock "Up" from it's perch), so word of mouth should get around.[/quote]

I think his post was referring to his opinion on Tropic Thunder.

Archived