10 Sun. Nov. 15 at Steelers 1:00 PM
11 Sun. Nov. 22 at Raiders 4:15 PM
[b]12 Sun. Nov. 29 vs. Browns 1:00 PM
13 Sun. Dec. 06 vs. Lions 1:00 PM [/b]
14 Sun. Dec. 13 at Vikings 1:00 PM
15 Sun. Dec. 20 at Chargers 4:05 PM
[b]16 Sun. Dec. 27 vs. Chiefs 1:00 PM [/b]
17 Sun. Jan. 03 at Jets 1:00 PM

I will assume no one thinks we only win one more game, and no one thinks we lose just one more game... so i will leave those options out...

[quote name='GoBengals' date='29 October 2009 - 12:40 AM' timestamp='1256787641' post='821503']
5 wins so far... and here is the rest of the schedule:

[b]8 Sun. Nov. 01 BYE
9 Sun. Nov. 08 vs. Ravens 1:00 PM [/b]
10 Sun. Nov. 15 at Steelers 1:00 PM
11 Sun. Nov. 22 at Raiders 4:15 PM
[b]12 Sun. Nov. 29 vs. Browns 1:00 PM
13 Sun. Dec. 06 vs. Lions 1:00 PM [/b]
14 Sun. Dec. 13 at Vikings 1:00 PM
15 Sun. Dec. 20 at Chargers 4:05 PM
[b]16 Sun. Dec. 27 vs. Chiefs 1:00 PM [/b]
17 Sun. Jan. 03 at Jets 1:00 PM

I will assume no one thinks we only win one more game, and no one thinks we lose just one more game... so i will leave those options out...
[/quote]

I don't think it's outlandish to hope for wins against the raiders, browns, lions, and chiefs... Then split against ravens, steelers, chargers, jets, and Vikings. Without too much of an orange and black tint, I think 11-ish. Maybe 12.

[quote name='mongo' date='28 October 2009 - 11:45 PM' timestamp='1256787949' post='821504']
I don't think it's outlandish to hope for wins against the raiders, browns, lions, and chiefs... Then split against ravens, steelers, chargers, jets, and Vikings. Without too much of an orange and black tint, I think 11-ish. Maybe 12.
[/quote]

i went with 11-5 for the same reasoning...

isnt it INSANE to be talking 12 winsgiven the outlook of everything in training camp and preseason?

[quote name='#22' date='28 October 2009 - 11:48 PM' timestamp='1256788108' post='821506']
I still kind of think they finish up at 9-7, but I sure hope that I'm wrong.
That's just what I predicted at the start of the season, and I'm sticking to it.
[/quote]

which 5 do you think we lose to?

we COULD lose the next two, its quite possible, two good teams.. but if we lose one, i see us being angry and coming at with a win in the second..

there are a few fluff type games .... lions, raiders, browns again, cheifs, etc..

those four would have to be the only games we won to be 9-7...

if we win the next two.. what would you think?

[b]8 Sun. Nov. 01 BYE
9 Sun. Nov. 08 vs. Ravens 1:00 PM [/b] Win
10 Sun. Nov. 15 at Steelers 1:00 PM Loss unfortunately
11 Sun. Nov. 22 at Raiders 4:15 PM Win
[b]12 Sun. Nov. 29 vs. Browns 1:00 PM Win
13 Sun. Dec. 06 vs. Lions 1:00 PM [/b] Win
14 Sun. Dec. 13 at Vikings 1:00 PM Loss
15 Sun. Dec. 20 at Chargers 4:05 PM Win
[b]16 Sun. Dec. 27 vs. Chiefs 1:00 PM [/b] Loss
17 Sun. Jan. 03 at Jets 1:00 PM Loss

11-5, although if there is a lot riding on the jets game i think we can beat them...i just think we will be 11-4 and 2 teams will have byes locked up and the division will be decided so we might sit some players.

I could see 12-4 though.

I really think we get to 10 wins no matter what though.

I think they are hard pressed to win their next two games.

Honestly...I think they split between those two away games out west (@Oakland and @Chargers). The Bengals never seem to play well out west (they are 0-3 on the west coast+Denver in the past 4 years).

@Minnesota is going to be tough, and so is @New York.

How many people thought they would lose to Houston?

[quote name='#22' date='29 October 2009 - 12:10 AM' timestamp='1256789421' post='821511']
I think they are hard pressed to win their next two games.

Honestly...I think they split between those two away games out west (@Oakland and @Chargers). The Bengals never seem to play well out west (they are 0-3 on the west coast+Denver in the past 4 years).

@Minnesota is going to be tough, and so is @New York.

How many people thought they would lose to Houston?
[/quote]

i couls see a split in the next two, split out west, lose to minnesota perhaps.. and another random one.. that sits me at 10-6......

at the same time, i could see us beating the jets, or minnesota and potentially the next two..

so anywhere from 9-7-12-4 is quite possible.

injuries always play a big part..if we stay healthy.... i cant see us falling to 9-7..

[quote name='#22' date='29 October 2009 - 12:27 AM' timestamp='1256790447' post='821514']
Yeah, I tend to agree, but miserable bastards like myself always figure for a big injury or some other malady right when things appear to be going great.
[/quote]

haha, its possible, we are banged up good as it is... all dlinemen who were on the team 10 days ago are hurt i think.. maybe not geathers..

hopefully the bye week puts us in good shape..

i think a year ago we would have played roy and brian leonard, etc.... we let them rest... i hope it means we stay healthier..

We lose to the Steelers in Shittsburgh. They need their revenge, and will get it, by way of some dirty play and bad calls.

We lose to either the Vikings or the Chargers, not both. I'm leaning Vikes, but we'll see.

Then a final loss in NY, because of the "storyline" for the NFL. Last game inside the stadium.

[quote name='steggyD' date='29 October 2009 - 01:06 AM' timestamp='1256792787' post='821535']
We lose to the Steelers in Shittsburgh. They need their revenge, and will get it, by way of some dirty play and bad calls.

We lose to either the Vikings or the Chargers, not both. I'm leaning Vikes, but we'll see.

Then a final loss in NY, because of the "storyline" for the NFL. Last game inside the stadium.
[/quote]

thats mostly my best case scenario played out.. tho i would ahve us lose to the ravens on some BS, be PISSED and whoop the steelers to redeem...

[quote name='GoBengals' date='29 October 2009 - 12:40 AM' timestamp='1256787641' post='821503']
5 wins so far... and here is the rest of the schedule:

[b]8 Sun. Nov. 01 BYE
9 Sun. Nov. 08 vs. Ravens 1:00 PM - Win [/b]
10 Sun. Nov. 15 at Steelers 1:00 PM - Loss
11 Sun. Nov. 22 at Raiders 4:15 PM - Win
[b]12 Sun. Nov. 29 vs. Browns 1:00 PM - Win
13 Sun. Dec. 06 vs. Lions 1:00 PM - Win[/b]
14 Sun. Dec. 13 at Vikings 1:00 PM - Loss
15 Sun. Dec. 20 at Chargers 4:05 PM Loss
[b]16 Sun. Dec. 27 vs. Chiefs 1:00 PM Win[/b]
17 Sun. Jan. 03 at Jets 1:00 PM Toss up - are we playing the game or resting?

I feel good with 10- 11 wins - I would love a steelers upset - to me the next two weeks if we win both games would seal the AFC Norh for us! However, if the ravens and steelers make it past us I would say that the Vikings and Chargers games would become must win - to have the tie breaker over the steelers. The only other thing i want to say is GO DENVER - I HOPE YOU MAKE IT TO 8-0 BEAT THE STEELERS AND THE RAVENS!

Yeah i hate to say it, but i think we're gonna be the wild card team if we don't beat the steelers in pittsburgh. We really needed that vikings win Sunday.

Here's my playoffs guess.

1. Colts 15-1
2. Broncos 13-3
3. Steelers 12-4
4. Patriots 11-5
5. Bengals 11-5
6. Texans 10-6

I'm actually worried about Oakland. The Reds and Bengals have never been able to win out West regardless of either teams' record or the opposing team. It should be different this season, but I'm not chalking up a win yet. I would be really surprised by a win in San Diego. If either of those teams were home games I wouldn't sweat them.

Lose to Steelers on the road, and Chargers on the road. We actually have a better team than the Chargers, but traveling to San Diego the week after traveling to Minnesota will be very, very tough.

12-4 Wildcard. We are as good as the Steelers, but they win the division because they have an easier schedule. Their remaining schedule only has one road game against a team with a winning record (Broncos) while ours has three (Steelers, Vikings, Jets) plus that tough game in San Diego.

[quote name=Its Never Sunny in Cincinnati]
November 22: Bengals at Raiders. The problem for the Raiders is that if Helen Keller was still alive and they signed her to play quarterback, she would be an upgrade. Bengals improve to 7-3.

November 29: Browns at Bengals. If Browns coach Eric Mangini was a hostage negotiator, everyone would be dead in under three minutes. Bengals up their record to 8-3.

December 6: Lions at Bengals. Raise your hand if you know when the Lions last beat the Bengals. We'll give you a hint, Barry Sanders scored a touchdown and Beverly Hills 90210 was our favorite show on TV. If you guessed November 22, 1992, slap your self for knowing too much. Bengals claw their way to 9-3.[/quote]

[url="http://itsneversunnyincincinnati.blogspot.com/2009/10/bengals-remaining-schedule-spells.html"]Its Never Sunny in Cincinnati[/url] answered this very same question yesterday (excerpted above). Unless Carson Palmer quits the team and moves to Canada, there is no way the Bengals finish lower than 10-6. I say they go 11-5, which means we still have to hope they don't end up like the 2008 Patriots.

Best case:
11-5 if the Jets are out of the playoff picture and we beat the Ravens.

Very likely:
10-6 if the Jets are still alive and we beat the Ravens.

Worse case:
9-7 if we lose to both the Jets and Ravens.

I think we stumble on the west coast against the Chargers.

At 10-6, it is most likely that the division crown id decided by a tie breaker. As discussed before, the Steelers game, score and common opponents are critical.

If we do fall to 9-7, there is no postseason.

[quote name='Harley' date='29 October 2009 - 02:27 PM' timestamp='1256837222' post='821631']
Best case:
11-5 if the Jets are out of the playoff picture and we beat the Ravens.

Very likely:
10-6 if the Jets are still alive and we beat the Ravens.

Worse case:
9-7 if we lose to both the Jets and Ravens.

I think we stumble on the west coast against the Chargers.

At 10-6, it is most likely that the division crown id decided by a tie breaker. As discussed before, the Steelers game, score and common opponents are critical.

If we do fall to 9-7, there is no postseason.
[/quote]

If we build on what we did sunday and the offense continues to get better then we can win every game on the schedule.
There is no reason to say we cant win 12 games.
Hell if we ended the season 13-3 i wouldnt be completely shocked, very very happy yes, but shocked I dont know.

Lets take care of the next two games and then we'll be thinking division crown/bye.

[quote name='CJandRudiJ' date='29 October 2009 - 03:00 PM' timestamp='1256839251' post='821638']
If we build on what we did sunday and the offense continues to get better then we can win every game on the schedule.
There is no reason to say we cant win 12 games.
Hell if we ended the season 13-3 [b]i wouldnt be completely shocked[/b], very very happy yes, but shocked I dont know.

Lets take care of the next two games and then we'll be thinking division crown/bye.
[/quote]

hell I would.

[quote name='Bengals1181' date='29 October 2009 - 03:03 PM' timestamp='1256839405' post='821641']
hell I would.
[/quote]

Im just saying, the way we played last week, we can beat anyone on our schedule.

I would be more shocked finishing 8-8 then 13-3.

Im not saying we will finish 13-3, I said 11-5 from the get go and thats still where I think we end up. But if we stay healthy and get a break here and there i think we could finish with 12 or 13 wins.

Archived