iPhone 4?

[quote name='Jamie_B' date='29 June 2010 - 09:27 PM' timestamp='1277861272' post='895257']
AT&T ended their unlimited data plan.

I'm looking at getting an Evo once someone has one in.
[/quote]

This was a revalation to me, and had me concerned. But after looking at their new data plan, and how much I used on my last bill, even if I used 5 times what I use now I could still go with a data plan that costs $5 less than what I am paying now.

[quote name='Jamie_B' date='29 June 2010 - 07:27 PM' timestamp='1277861272' post='895257']
AT&T ended their unlimited data plan.

I'm looking at getting an Evo once someone has one in.
[/quote]

the store i work out of got 10 yesterday, they were gone in an hour.. i can save you one if you want, but my store would have to process your order and overnight the phone to you.... lemme know if you wanna do that..

[quote name='Rumble In the Jungle' date='30 June 2010 - 09:46 AM' timestamp='1277912808' post='895345']
i want the Evo like yesterday. i mean 2 cameras, front and back!! iphone doesn't even come close to that.
[/quote]

ip4 has that too... but its not 4g, hell its barely 3g.. they hav the same processor, roughly the same specs hardware wise.. but the android is more customizable and the evo has a bigger screen i think..

the samsung Epic 4G is gonna launch semi soon as well, sprints second 4g device.. android as well, better screen than evo.. but SLIGHTLY thicker and has slid out keyboard..

but epic only has 5mp camera.. not 8mp like the EVO...

evo is a cool device...

ironically the update for the firmware that HTC launched over the air bricked thousands of devices nationwide.. poor customers... screwed without a device for 2days unless they were lucky enough to find a store with some in stock..

[quote name='Jason' date='30 June 2010 - 11:05 AM' timestamp='1277917539' post='895362']
How many areas have a 4G network now anyway?
[/quote]

36 major markets are already launched, all "major markets" are scheduled by years end. hell even cincinnati and toledo markets are slated for october/november...

they are testing in Denver currently, it should launch in a month or two.... raleigh and charlotte are already launched (thats your area right?)

[quote name='GoBengals' date='30 June 2010 - 11:11 AM' timestamp='1277917883' post='895364']
36 major markets are already launched, all "major markets" are scheduled by years end. hell even cincinnati and toledo markets are slated for october/november...

they are testing in Denver currently, it should launch in a month or two.... raleigh and charlotte are already launched (thats your area right?)
[/quote]

the 4g network is all unlimited, they are talking about launching some HD channels on the sprint tv app, since the 4g devices all handle 720p... probably 6-12 months away from that though..

if any other carrier gets the iphone at&t is fucked.. they owe apple their life i think....

over 10% of their customer base is iphone users.. who would gladly bail for better plans and speeds for their needs...

[quote name='GoBengals' date='30 June 2010 - 01:11 PM' timestamp='1277917883' post='895364']

[/quote]

I'm about 25 miles SE of Raleigh. And yeah, if Sprint ever supports the iPhone I'm making the switch.

[quote]the store i work out of got 10 yesterday, they were gone in an hour.. i can save you one if you want, but my store would have to process your order and overnight the phone to you.... lemme know if you wanna do that..[/quote]

I would be switching over from AT&T to Sprint and want to keep my number, so I want to stay on AT&T until I actually have the phone in hand.

What do I need to do?

[quote name='Jamie_B' date='30 June 2010 - 02:29 PM' timestamp='1277922594' post='895376']
I would be switching over from AT&T to Sprint and want to keep my number, so I want to stay on AT&T until I actually have the phone in hand.

What do I need to do?
[/quote]

you go to Sprint and they do the switch for you then you call AT&T and cancel your plan. I used to be with Verizon and I switched to Sprint cause of Ryan and I will never go back to Verizon. They charge too much and I get more with Sprint for less. Im very happy where I am. But I am at some point going to get the Evo.

I had horrible luck with Sprint coverage here.

To the point that I would have to stand in the kitchen with one foot on the carpet, one on the linoleum, with my head pointed towards the oven to keep the call from dropping.

Guess that's why I really don't have an issue with AT&T...

[quote name='Elflocko' date='30 June 2010 - 05:54 PM' timestamp='1277934893' post='895409']

To the point that I would have to stand in the kitchen with one foot on the carpet, one on the linoleum, with my head pointed towards the oven to keep the call from dropping.

[/quote]

when i had AT&T i would have to have one foot in a Cheese Fondue Pot and the other on the floor and point my ass up to the sky. It worked everytime.

[quote name='Rumble In the Jungle' date='30 June 2010 - 03:26 PM' timestamp='1277936800' post='895410']
when i had AT&T i would have to have one foot in a Cheese Fondue Pot and the other on the floor and point my ass up to the sky. It worked everytime.
[/quote]

You just like having your ass up in the air...

[quote name='Rumble In the Jungle' date='30 June 2010 - 11:27 AM' timestamp='1277918871' post='895368']
well shit, i'd rather wait and see what else Sprint will offer. and it might drop the price on the Evo as well.
[/quote]

evo price wont drop until after xmas... the Evo and Epic and maybe one more device is all we will see by xmas as far as 4g i think...

[quote name='Jason' date='30 June 2010 - 12:01 PM' timestamp='1277920883' post='895371']
I'm about 25 miles SE of Raleigh. And yeah, if Sprint ever supports the iPhone I'm making the switch.
[/quote]

yea, when that happens we will be swamped.... for weeks...

[quote name='Jamie_B' date='30 June 2010 - 12:29 PM' timestamp='1277922594' post='895376']

What do I need to do?
[/quote]

well, you may be without a phone for a few hours to a day.. OR you can do some post-activation leg work..

Option 1: I activate the phone with your current number, it takes anywhere from 2 hrs to 24 hrs to transfer over, when it does att phone goes dead and is auto canceled at ATT..you are without phone until you get it the next day..

Option 2: I activate phone with new number, ship it, the next day you call sprint or go into a store, and tell them you want to port your number over to replace the one you just got. They process the port, and you have two phones until it switches over. This is a SLIGHT pain with the evo since it auto activates itself, youll likely have to hard reset the device once the port goes through to get it to function properly..

Option 3: wait for your local store to get one... if you call and say you wanna port over, theyll likely hold one for you.. probably take anywhere from a few days to a week depending on their current waiting list.

[quote name='Elflocko' date='30 June 2010 - 03:54 PM' timestamp='1277934893' post='895409']

[/quote]

yea i hated my sprint phone when i started here, it dropped hella calls on 71.. and around wierd parts of town... then they hired Hesse and network and cust service became priorities and it kinda cleared up.. been fine in Denver. Vegas is a 4g city so im sure they tightened that up.. not that you have any reason to switch back if your happy of course..

i dropped 1-2 calls a month in ohio.. not a single one since i moved here..

PS: any bitchy sprint customer, we have a tool that shows us if you dropped calls or not, so stop lying trying to get a new phone for free.. a rep will come tell me and have me pull your call history, and ill tell you every calls success rate over the last 90 days... ya shady bastards....glad i dont face customers myself..

[quote name='GoBengals' date='01 July 2010 - 08:38 AM' timestamp='1277998722' post='895477']

yea i hated my sprint phone when i started here, it dropped hella calls on 71.. and around wierd parts of town... then they hired Hesse and network and cust service became priorities and it kinda cleared up.. been fine in Denver. Vegas is a 4g city so im sure they tightened that up.. not that you have any reason to switch back if your happy of course..

i dropped 1-2 calls a month in ohio.. not a single one since i moved here..

PS: any bitchy sprint customer, we have a tool that shows us if you dropped calls or not, so stop lying trying to get a new phone for free.. a rep will come tell me and have me pull your call history, and ill tell you every calls success rate over the last 90 days... ya shady bastards....glad i dont face customers myself..
[/quote]

I looked at the Sprint coverage map (first time in years I've done so) and it looks like you're not kidding about the improvement. I might give them a shot if they've got the 30 day guarantee. My AT&T contract was up in May so I'm month-to-month as it is...

[quote name='Elflocko' date='30 June 2010 - 02:54 PM' timestamp='1277934893' post='895409']

[/quote]

ATT is garbage here too. Pretty much any call longer than a minute will guarantee to drop for me.

Archived