CHAD AND CARSON GONE IN 2011

Who should go - If you could pick just one  

96 members have voted

1. 1. If you could release one person/player or coach who should GO!

WR Chad Ochocinco, who is due a base salary of $6 million in 2011, almost certainly won't be back with the Bengals next season, club management has hinted to The Sports Xchange. And that's no matter who is coaching the team, and even with Ocho due a payment of $3.5 million if the team doesn't exercise its option for '11. The Bengals are also thinking about where they stand with slumping quarterback Carson Palmer. Once regarded as an elite player, Palmer has thrown three interceptions that were returned for scores this year, and has a 2011 base salary of $11.5 million. -- Len Pasquarelli, The Sports Xchange

Are they Fuc*&^% Nuts.... Chad is the reason why TO is getting what he's getting..... and Shipley and Gresham will be beasts next year...... lets not forget they are Rookies... The problem with the offense has been the offensive line.... and has been for a while... protect Carson and he will give you what you want...... and lets not forget this is TO's first season in the system..... Changes... BRAT should Go! The OL Coach should go and I'm not sure the DL coach shouldn't go too.... But put it on CHAD and CARSON - WTF

You Vote - WHO SHOULD GO! I voted for the offensive Coordinator - BRAT is long over due.....

get rid of Chad, Bratkowski, The WR coach and get another Vet QB and don't guarantee Carson his job anymore. May the best QB win the job. Also invest some major money into the Oline. Need to get Sack Artists! guys that know how to get to the damn QB on defense. Boy, I look at the LB in Greenbay Clay Matthews and you realize how shitty Ray is compared to this guy.

[quote name='Jim Finklestein' timestamp='1290195635' post='942797']
If a new head coach is hired, I wouldn't think you would do any major changes without at least consulting him.
[/quote]

Marvin would still get my vote for Head Coach.... I just don't think there is anyone out there I would rather have....

An un-named person in management has hinted Chad won't be back, and no one (named or otherwise) has even hinted Carson won't be back... And this seriously means we need an all caps thread title stating Pasquarelli says they're both gone? The original poster needs to actually read what he posts before going off the deep end.

[quote name='Missya15' timestamp='1290200645' post='942813']
The only reason why T.O. is getting success is due to the fact that teams are always double covering chad. Fuck get rid of brat and get a better oline
[/quote]
Thats not the ONLY reason. If it were that easy Caldwell would be the #2 and TO would be in the booth. TO is still a damn good receiver.

My answer to this is depends on the gals of the organizations. If we are going into rebuilding mode, and you get a 1st and 3rd for Palmer, maybe you do it. I think the team is close enough that we shouldn't be doing that. Improve the Oline and Dline, resign Joseph, extend Hall, get a safety and get a MLB. Not too much to ask. Who knows, Dunlap, Atkins and Johnson pan out on the line, and we don't need too much on the Dline.

that statement about carson, IF TRUE, could just as easily be read to mean management is considering the option of restructuring carson's contract. oh yeah, if they go that route there will certainly be some fallout....count on it. if that is the case, i'm sure they're aware of that. that would be the more likely route if they're reconsidering anything. he's not going anywhere.

I don't seen Carson going anywhere. While he may be struggling, there are still a lot of coaches (be it HCs of OC) that would love to work with him. So, whether Marv is replaced or Brat, I think Carson stays. It is not necessary to blow up the team and rebuild. There are a lot of good pieces in place. One or two decent FAs, a decent draft, and some fresh coaching should be enough to get this team going in the right direction.

This.

I too have been at a loss to understand why so many are in the "blow it up" club.

I was around when the Bengals had the #1 offense in the AFC in 1986 and almost made the playoffs. The next year they went 4-11. Everyone wanted "blow up" mode then too. PB stood pat (but did make a few changes) , and the next year we were in SB XXIII.

Archived