Carson Wants Out

[quote name='Ogremeister' timestamp='1295807799' post='964050']
Mort just reported on NFL Sunday Countdown. Carson demands to be traded. He said he would go as far as retiring if not granted his wish. Anyone catch this?
[/quote]

Just caught that, they mentioned Pete Carrol and the Seahawks along with the other West Coast teams as possibilities. Only exception, I would think would be San Diego. Be nice to ship him to SF or Arizona and pick up some picks. If he does not want to be here, then the rebuilding process starts now!

[quote name='NYbengals' timestamp='1295807937' post='964056']
Damnit Madieu! U beat me to it by like 30 seconds!
[/quote]

haha would have been sooner but my jaw dropped. I didn;t think Carson was that type of guy. Not saying he's wrong in doing it because he deserves better than the Bengals, but still, that's a Chad type of thing, not Carson.

[quote name='Madieu Superstar' timestamp='1295808037' post='964061']
haha would have been sooner but my jaw dropped. I didn;t think Carson was that type of guy. Not saying he's wrong in doing it because he deserves better than the Bengals, but still, that's a Chad type of thing, not Carson.
[/quote]

Carson was terrible last season. He single handedly lost games for us last season.

[quote name='Bengals Scout (1991-2002)' timestamp='1295808022' post='964060']
Nobody is going to trade for Carson Palmer with his current contract.
[/quote]

If he is willing to retire I'm sure he is willing to renegotiate his contract to get out.

[quote name='Sigfox09' timestamp='1295808115' post='964062']
Carson was terrible last season. He single handedly lost games for us last season.
[/quote]

I still don't but that. he wasn't good but I blame those two cartoon characters just as much. He played pretty good with Simpson and Caldwell. Plus he has no line.

[/quote]

He reportedly also threatened retirement, which means he would prob. be willing to take a pay cut/restructure his contract.

[/quote]

Current contract doesn't matter. If he is asking for a trade and is granted permission to seek a trade. A new contract would be covered first then compensation to the Bengals.

The real question is what's the source of the trade demand. Was he asked to take a pay cut? Upset with organization? Upset with OC or Marvin?

Pending the return, a trade of Carson may not be a bad thing.

More interested in the fan reaction towards Carson in comparison to some of the other former bengals that have gone about trying to leave the franchise.

[quote name='Chad' timestamp='1295808186' post='964064']
If he is willing to retire I'm sure he is willing to renegotiate his contract to get out.
[/quote]

Or the Bengals could just cut him and than he can sign with a new team. There's no way the Bengals could get any value from this scenario. He's either going to retire or play somewhere else. No team is going to give up valuable draft picks when they know the Bengals have to move him.

[quote name='Ogremeister' timestamp='1295808265' post='964068']
I guess this speaks volumes to Carson's "no comment" remark when told of Marvin's re-signing or the lack of a change at OC?
[/quote]

MY roommate asked me if there was any hint of this coming and the no comment was the first thing that came to mind.

Archived