What the F...

Lucid

[quote name='oldschooler' timestamp='1300407232' post='977791']
I guess you missed me apologizing numerous times and saying
I want the bullshit to end. Then he says he is leaving and posts
more bullshit first.

Seriously, I am a piece of shit. Did you see me call him anything
even after that? Anything?

That is par for the course for what I have gotten from him.
And he never brought anything to my table. Ever. Not once.
All I got from him was insults. So why wouldn't I say good riddance?

I am not acting like a child. I am acting like a man that's had enough.
How else do you expect me to handle this? I went off. Done that before.
I asked it to stop. Done that before. I said I had enough. Done that before.
All I keep getting is more shots and more jusitfying. Fuck him.

If I see him post again I'll suspend him for a week. Then the shit will
really hit the fan. So yeah. Glad he banned himself.

Ding Dong the (insert something that rhymes with witch here) is dead!
[/quote]

Yep... I still think you are being lame.

[quote name='Elflocko' timestamp='1300407582' post='977794']
Yeeeaaahhh....
[/quote]
Ohhhh yeeeaaahhhh.

[center][img]http://i885.photobucket.com/albums/ac59/james9934/Excited_basketball_fan.gif?t=1300295339[/img][/center]

I never read the other thread, but the shit slinging needs to stop from both ends. Thread response should get kept to the topic of the thread. If you can't support your opinion without calling the other guy an idiot, then it's likely not an opinion worth posting.

High emotions involved in J&D topics are not an excuse for a lot of the garbage that goes on here. Many posters refuse to post in this section because they know their opinion won't be shown any respect.

For the people that have personal problems with each other, simply stop responding to one another. It's not going to happen cause everyone wants the last word, but in theory if one person stops and I mean really stops engaging in personal insults for days to weeks months and the other doesn't, that other person should be suspended. I've seen people make their first post in a thread with the sole intent of attacking the OP without even reading the topic/first post.

[quote name='Bunghole' timestamp='1300403390' post='977772']
Also, Old, despite your dislike for Homer, I don't think (and I don't want) him suspended. I know you have a different opinion of him than I do and that's fine, and if he calls you names that you don't like then either respond in kind (you have), ask him to please stop (nicely) or ignore him.

I get why you think he's condescending, and I know it infuriates you, but Homer is a genuine person, an old-timer and a well-versed being in terms of having historical perspective. I don't think you're going to get a lot of support from anyone in terms of suspending him, and I am asking you as a friend to not do it.

I also don't like hearing you talking about your participation (and your love thereof) on this board in the past tense. This board needs your input. I for one appreciate not only your work in terms of all things Bengals-related, but I also respect your opinion even when I don't agree with it.

We all (and I do mean [i]ALL[/i]) should step back and take a lesson here in how we should be conducting ourselves on here and observe how quickly inflamed opinions can lead to an almost out-of-control stubbornness that in the end doesn't do anyone a lick of good, creates bad blood, and brings the spirits of everyone reading on the board down.

Anyway, I hope that Old sticks around, Homer doesn't get banned, you and Jamie stop being like Iran and Israel, etc.
[/quote]

When it comes to his viewpoints re: war and torture I can not in good conscious not say anything, its a moral impartial that I do. When it comes to the back and forth personal stuff I have said now that I will respond to grenades with grenades and am done with it otherwise that's up to him.

[quote name='oldschooler' timestamp='1300404638' post='977777']
All I ever asked is that Homer and Jamie show respect that I am worthy of.
I probably like them less than they like me, but I still showed them respect.
And even if they don't agree with my views, I think I have been here long enough
and done far more good for even them, that I should at least be shown the same
respect that I am showing them. That's all. And that goes for everyone, really.

I don't see how anyone would expect me to not suspend someone when you make it
clear that what they are doing is unacceptable. Go has done it a lot. I know he runs this
site. But this site has been like a 2nd job to me for a few years now. And I really am trying
to moderate this situation that I am involved. Go and Jamie acting like it is OK isn't acceptable
to me anymore. If I can't ask someone nicely over and over to stop and they continue, then what
other recourse is there? I have ignored. I have went off. The hits keep on hitting. I mean the dude even tries to
belittle me for what I do here, free of charge.

This entire thread is me saying I've had enough. It needs to stop. There is no justifying it anymore.
There is no ignoring it anymore. It just needs to stop. I will do everything in my power. I know it all
starts with me. But I am only one person. I just want it to be fun here again. I want to have engaging
conversations and learn things. The other bullshit just needs to end. And I include myself in the bullshit.
I am not playing a victim. I know I have had a hand in it too. I know I am far from perfect and I let how
things are going in my life amplify things that are going on here sometimes. Like I said, I use this
place as an ecscape. And when your ecscape is no better than what you are trying to ecscape, well,
you have how I have been lately. And for that I apologize to all. Even Jamie and Homer.
[/quote]

So I had a professor once that made us go through some stupid exercise that I dont even remember anymore but what stood out to me is that we had a difference of opinion about the word respect. He said he deserved it and I have even to this day said respect is earned. I didnt agree with him then and still dont now. I think that is where we are differing. I dont respect your opinion on these matters and never will. What I will do is practice the civility that I am shown, but I can not give you my respect on this. I will apologize for things getting way out of hand but understand that what you give me is what I will give you from now on.

[quote name='Homer_Rice' timestamp='1300404972' post='977779']
I think I'm going to ban myself. I should never have attacked Oldschooler for being a torture-advocate nor should I have taken the bait when he repeatedly made reference to my displeasure with an aspect of Munoz behavior. I should have let it slide. After all, he clearly is the spokesperson for this Bengals community and I should have had no problem with his hope that the "Great Anthony" wrote "Who-Dey" on a bomb.

Clearly the lesson is this: when one runs into a piece of shit in life, the best thing to do is to step around it and keep moving on.

A few of you have my email and are welcome to contact me if you wish. I'll also check my PM box here in a few doays in the off chance there may be others who wish to maintain some contact.

Sorry this is so short and abrupt and not one of my normal posts. It's just that I feel a compelling need to visit the urinal so I can write "Who-Dey" with my piss.
[/quote]

I really hope you arent leaving for good. Your far too valuable in this forum imo to do that.

[quote name='oldschooler' timestamp='1300405453' post='977781']
Best thing I have ever read from you.

Thanks. It saves us both some headaches.

Glad you are banning yourself rather than me having to fight with some Mods on here for
suspending you for the piece of shit remark. I just hope you are a man of your word.
Because I know I would end up suspending you. You just can't get over yourself.

One last request though,[color="#FF0000"] can you take Jamie with you?[/color]

Oh and good riddance.
[/quote]

Im going nowhere.

[quote name='Homer_Rice' timestamp='1300404972' post='977779']
I think I'm going to ban myself. I should never have attacked Oldschooler for being a torture-advocate nor should I have taken the bait when he repeatedly made reference to my displeasure with an aspect of Munoz behavior. I should have let it slide. After all, he clearly is the spokesperson for this Bengals community and I should have had no problem with his hope that the "Great Anthony" wrote "Who-Dey" on a bomb.

Clearly the lesson is this: when one runs into a piece of shit in life, the best thing to do is to step around it and keep moving on.

A few of you have my email and are welcome to contact me if you wish. I'll also check my PM box here in a few doays in the off chance there may be others who wish to maintain some contact.

Sorry this is so short and abrupt and not one of my normal posts. It's just that I feel a compelling need to visit the urinal so I can write "Who-Dey" with my piss.
[/quote]

[b]Please[/b] don't do this over one person. There are many opinions here and you are free to express yours and I welcome it, just like I welcome Oldschooler's opinion. I don't always share [i]either[/i] of your opinions (but am willing to read and listen), but all in all, its genuine food for thought either way, and this board would be deprived for either of your absences. [b]Homer[/b], sometimes yes you can sidestep a pile of shit. And still keep your convictions (and your dignity). Arguing with someone whom is your polar opposite sometimes is nothing more than an exercise in beating your head against a wall (and I'm sure [b]Old[/b] feels the same way about you). For fuck's sake, whatever happened to agreeing to disagree? Surely despite the seriousness of a given issue that you or others attach to a certain topic that there can still be a modicum of decorum when riposting against a fellow Bengals fan?. Surely. Seriously guys...enough,

[quote name='Jamie_B' timestamp='1300412345' post='977821']
When it comes to his viewpoints re: war and torture I can not in good conscious not say anything, [b]its a moral impartial that I do.[/b] When it comes to the back and forth personal stuff I have said now that I will respond to grenades with grenades and am done with it otherwise that's up to him.
[/quote]

I think you mean [b][i]imperative[/i][/b], and yes, to a degree, you [i]can[/i]. But you won't. The two of you are the guiltiest parties because neither of you once your horns are locked will give a goddamn inch. And for what? Neither of you is going to "win". Who the fuck cares except us? Us Bengals fans that have a political-based forum that's intended to share and argue viewpoints? Are we really caving to the same level of discourse that has brought this very fucking country to its knees?

[quote name='Jamie_B' timestamp='1300413862' post='977831']
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YesT05qIBbc[/media]
[/quote]

If you were as much of a Christian as you state you are, you wouldn't be as argumentative as you are. Frankly, if you feel like your calling is to "call evil as I see it, I cannot help myself nor let what I think are evil statements slide" then you aren't being helpful either. You may not care, but you should. This board for whatever reason is being fractured along political lines (a fucking BENGALS forum!) and you are being as non-helpful as Oldschooler.

You guys need to bury the hatchet and agree to not agree and quit with the personal shit. Its tiresome as fuck, and I know I am not the only one that feels that way outside of the interlopers with their popcorn ready and "Jerry, Jerry!" bullcrap.

You would let these things pass as they shouldn't bother you, since you are supremely confident in your path.

Christianity is mostly about forgiveness and pacifism, traits which neither you nor [b]Old [/b]have really expressed here.

Please guys, lets be bigger than this. This infighting is fucking garbage. From both of you.

[quote name='Bunghole' timestamp='1300414688' post='977833']
If you were as much of a Christian as you state you are, you wouldn't be as argumentative as you are. Frankly, if you feel like your calling is to "call evil as I see it, I cannot help myself nor let what I think are evil statements slide" then you aren't being helpful either. You may not care, but you should. This board for whatever reason is being fractured along political lines (a fucking BENGALS forum!) and you are being as non-helpful as Oldschooler.

You guys need to bury the hatchet and agree to not agree and quit with the personal shit. Its tiresome as fuck, and I know I am not the only one that feels that way outside of the interlopers with their popcorn ready and "Jerry, Jerry!" bullcrap.

You would let these things pass as they shouldn't bother you, since you are supremely confident in your path.

Christianity is mostly about forgiveness and pacifism, traits which neither you nor [b]Old [/b]have really expressed here.

Please guys, lets be bigger than this. This infighting is fucking garbage. From both of you.
[/quote]

I'm human too lest we forget.

Further I dont see the separation between expressing my displeasure at the opinions he holds with regard to torture and war and that of my faith. I hold those opinions because of it.

I can agree that my language and how I dealt with it is more human than devine and that I am falling short the glory. I ask only for God's grace on that.

Finally I dont see what Paul is saying or me post it as inflammatory at all.

I didn't read any of the thread that spawned this one. Doesn't really matter anyway.

I just have to say that there are two people who are the reason I don't participate in this part of the board anymore, and Oldschooler isn't one of them. One is a condescending prick, and the other is a self-righteous, passive-aggressive, blind lemming hypocrite. Now I do generally disagree with them on a lot of issues, not all, but there are others who I tend to disagree with that I enjoy reading, and respect their posts, thoughts and opinions. If I'm going to discuss politics and religion, I'm going to do it with people who can respectfully agree to disagree, not people who are going to sling insults and treat me like dog shit.

I would say, "but that's just me", but I don't think I'm alone in that.

carry on

[quote name='BengalBacker' timestamp='1300433175' post='977853']
I didn't read any of the thread that spawned this one. Doesn't really matter anyway.

I just have to say that there are two people who are the reason I don't participate in this part of the board anymore, [b]and Oldschooler isn't one of them. One is a condescending prick, and the other is a self-righteous, passive-aggressive, blind lemming hypocrite.[/b] Now I do generally disagree with them on a lot of issues, not all, but there are others who I tend to disagree with that I enjoy reading, and respect their posts, thoughts and opinions. If I'm going to discuss politics and religion, I'm going to do it with people who can respectfully agree to disagree, not people who are going to sling insults and treat me like dog shit.

carry on
[/quote]

I think that is most likely due to your political bent.

The 3 people you are referring to all have a similar manner of conducting themselves.

And for fuck sakes can we just stop it with all the lame ass insults and name calling already? Seriously Backer.. What is the point in you coming in here and piling on?

Wasn't 9 pages of this bullshit that had absolutely nothing to do with you enough, without you having to take your own personal dump on this pile of shit?

I have always considered you one of the wiser posters on here, even though I don't agree with you much of the time. This, however was entirely unnecessary.

[quote name='BengalBacker' timestamp='1300433175' post='977853']

I just have to say that there are two people who are the reason I don't participate in this part of the board anymore, and Oldschooler isn't one of them. One is a condescending prick, and the other is a self-righteous, passive-aggressive, blind lemming hypocrite. Now I do generally disagree with them on a lot of issues, not all, but there are others who I tend to disagree with that I enjoy reading, and respect their posts, thoughts and opinions. If I'm going to discuss politics and religion, I'm going to do it with people who can respectfully agree to disagree, not people who are going to sling insults and treat me like dog shit.

carry on
[/quote]

Naw Lucid has the right response.

[quote name='Jamie_B' timestamp='1300412709' post='977824']
So I had a professor once that made us go through some stupid exercise that I dont even remember anymore but what stood out to me is that we had a difference of opinion about the word respect. He said he deserved it and I have even to this day said respect is earned. I didnt agree with him then and still dont now. I think that is where we are differing. I dont respect your opinion on these matters and never will. What I will do is practice the civility that I am shown, but I can not give you my respect on this. I will apologize for things getting way out of hand but understand that what you give me is what I will give you from now on.

Im going nowhere.
[/quote]

Guess what Jamie? I don't want what you feel has to be earned.
Never have, never will. Because guess what again, the feelings
as far as that goes are more than mutual.

Have you ever heard the term "respectfully disagree"?
Look it up. Not all respect has to be earned.

And I am glad you finally apologized. And said you will give what you get.
That is all I asked for a long time ago, but you and Homer refused.
Just couldn't bring yourselves to do such a thing. Homer still can't. Oh well.

[quote name='oldschooler' timestamp='1300454378' post='977885']
Guess what Jamie? I don't want what you feel has to be earned.
Never have, never will. Because guess what again, the feelings
as far as that goes are more than mutual.

Have you ever heard the term "respectfully disagree"?
Look it up. [color="#FF0000"]Not all respect has to be earned.[/color]

And I am glad you finally apologized. And said you will give what you get.
That is all I asked for a long time ago, but you and Homer refused.
Just couldn't bring yourselves to do such a thing. Homer still can't. Oh well.
[/quote]

I respectfully disagree. :on_the_quiet:

[quote name='Jamie_B' timestamp='1300454972' post='977889']
I respectfully disagree. :on_the_quiet:
[/quote]

To avoid violation of or interference with

Willingness to show consideration or appreciation

Polite expressions of consideration or deference

[url="http://www.thefreedictionary.com/respect"]http://www.thefreedictionary.com/respect[/url]

Deference: Submission or courteous yielding to the opinion, wishes, or judgment of another.[b]2. [/b]Courteous respect

You learn something new everyday, don't you? :fing03:

[quote name='oldschooler' timestamp='1300455437' post='977894']
To avoid violation of or interference with

Willingness to show consideration or appreciation

Polite expressions of consideration or deference

[url="http://www.thefreedictionary.com/respect"]http://www.thefreedictionary.com/respect[/url]

Deference: Submission or courteous yielding to the opinion, wishes, or judgment of another.[b]2. [/b]Courteous respect

You learn something new everyday, don't you? :fing03:
[/quote]

How about we just agree to disagree and leave the respect part off it?

Archived