Question about Great American Ball Park - Diamond Seats??

Jason

I know this is in the wrong forum, but the Reds forum has been dead lately. Feel free to move this later, but I'd like some input.

I will be in Cincinnati in mid May and plan on taking in a Reds game (or 2) while in town. I have the money to get Diamond Seats but I'm not 100% sure I want to fork out $235.

Has anyone done the Diamond Seats? Is it worth it? Is the free food anything and unlimited?

Thanks.

[quote name='Jason' timestamp='1301086649' post='979950']
I know this is in the wrong forum, but the Reds forum has been dead lately. Feel free to move this later, but I'd like some input.

I will be in Cincinnati in mid May and plan on taking in a Reds game (or 2) while in town. I have the money to get Diamond Seats but I'm not 100% sure I want to fork out $235.

Has anyone done the Diamond Seats? Is it worth it? Is the free food anything and unlimited?

Thanks.
[/quote]

It is [i]totally[/i] worth it Jason. The owner of my company has Diamond seat season tickets and he gives me his four tickets 2-3 times a year and there's no better spot in the stadium.

The view is incredible (when you first walk to your seats, turn around and look up at the stadium flowing upward from your vantage point...its breathtaking).

All alcohol and food is "free". You have a waiter with a tray, not some beer guy. You can order mixed drinks from the bar too. Be sure to get there about 45 minutes before the game, because the free buffet in the Diamond Club restaurant is totally awesome. Last time I was there they had a prime rib and lamb carving station, lump crab pasta salad, all kinds of crazy good food. So you nosh in the restaurant before the game (and you might as well spring for Diamond club parking passes too...you walk right in from the garage, its real close and convenient), go out to your seats and you can drink whatever you wish from the bar.

There is a separate menu for outside that has all the ballpark food on it that you can get...all included. Mini corn dogs, nachos, dipping dots, you name it...its on there.

Even the peanut guy is free. A waiter will come along every so often with a big oval tray with bags of peanuts on it, yelling "peanuts!" and you just wave to him and he'll throw you a bag.

If you are staying in a hotel downtown, just taxi to the stadium and back so you can drink yourself silly without having to drive. All you need to do is have some cash to tip your waiter/waitress. I usually give her like $40, but I never pay for the tickets either.

Oh, and you can drink for free at the bar inside the Diamond Club restaurant for I think an hour after the game too.

Do it, Jason. Once in a lifetime and all that. You won't regret it. Also be sure to check out the window at the far end of the restaurant that looks into the players tunnel. If you get there early enough you can watch them come out from 3 feet away. Sometimes an ex-Red will be sitting at a little table there signing autographs as well. And you never know who you'll see in the Diamond Club restaurant either. My boss' Dad is best friends with Bob Castellini, so I've met/seen him and his sons, bumped elbows with Marty and the Cowboy...its a treat man. If you can afford it, go for it. You'll have a freaking blast. Seriously.

[quote name='Jason' timestamp='1301097978' post='980022']
Cool Bung. Thanks for the review.

Why is free in quotes? The cost of the tickets, or tipping?
[/quote]

Because the tickets are $235 dollars each. So in essence, it isn't free, you paid for it. Perhaps "included" is a better term. I really, really hope you spring for this. Its so much damn fun. The only time I didn't have a good time was, ironically enough, when I brought my family. Keeping a 7 and 4 year old from squirming is a game-detracting job that mountains of dipping dots cannot solve!

[quote name='Bunghole' timestamp='1301102826' post='980046']
Let me know what your game date is and maybe I can swing tickets for the same game and we can hang out.
[/quote]

Tuesday May 17 vs the Cubs.

Section 3 row H.

My buddy's company has diamond seats just left of home plate. If you love baseball and don't care about the money then they are the fucking bomb.

He took me and my son to a game once. Drove from Springboro, pulled into the parking garage under the ballpark, walked for 1 minute, picked up a complimentary bobble head, grabbed a plate and chowed down on shrimp, scallops, steak whatever. Food was awesome and unlimited. Walked another 15 or 20 SECONDS to our seats, got some complimentary booze and was treated like Trump.

Just parking your car a mere 150 feet from your seats is hard to fathom. Its pricey no doubt.

[quote name='Jason' timestamp='1301086649' post='979950']

Thanks.
[/quote]

I think the FOX club seats are the better value. You still have to pay for alcohol, but it's all you can eat. Along first base side.

They have alot of food options. Plus if it's early May you can get still get screwed with cold weather and the club has good areas to view the game indoors.

[quote name='SF2' timestamp='1301147672' post='980129']
My buddy's company has diamond seats just left of home plate. If you love baseball and don't care about the money then they are the fucking bomb.

He took me and my son to a game once. Drove from Springboro, pulled into the parking garage under the ballpark, walked for 1 minute, picked up a complimentary bobble head, grabbed a plate and chowed down on shrimp, scallops, steak whatever. Food was awesome and unlimited. Walked another 15 or 20 SECONDS to our seats, got some complimentary booze and was treated like Trump.

Just parking your car a mere 150 feet from your seats is hard to fathom. Its pricey no doubt.
[/quote]

How do I get the parking and how much is that?

Although I will probably just park in the Fountain Square garage.

A little late now, but unless you plan on eating or drinking$ 175 worth. You should just get scout seats or the fox or 4192 club seats. But as I say that, it would be sweet to sit 3 rows behind home plate. Have sat in all of the places I listed, but have never done diamond

[quote name='Jason' timestamp='1301151731' post='980137']
How do I get the parking and how much is that?

Although I will probably just park in the Fountain Square garage.
[/quote]

Another option is to park at hooters in newport and take the boat to the game.

• 1 month later...
[quote name='VonBlade' timestamp='1305575837' post='992930']
Let us know how tomorrow goes Jason. Think you've just got the right time when they're starting to play well now everyone is back (assuming it's not a Volquez start and Chapman attempt to hold)
[/quote]

Well, it will be a Volquez start. Hopefully he pitches well tonight.

I got downtown about 4pm and started with the Reds Hall of Fame and Museum. The Johnny Bench display was great. They had a lot of his trophies and other stuff on display. They had a section where they showed clips of his TV show The Baseball Bunch. There was a display by the steps headed up from the entry floor to the top floor with 4,256 baseballs, one for each of Pete's hits. The top floor had a lot of Reds history. They had a TV and wall pictures from the 2010 season. There was another area that had video clips of past Reds highlights and bloopers. They had a scorecard from Tom Browning's perfect game. Then they had the area with the Hall of Fame plaques. If you have not been yet, I definitely recommend checking it out.

By the time I was done in the HoF it was 5:15. So I went to get my ticket for the game. The gates opened at 5:40 and I went down to the Diamond Club buffet. The food was really good. Stuffed roast beef, Moroccan Chicken, pork tenderloin, poached catfish. So a little before 6:30 I went up for some of the pregame show. If you saw it from the start, you saw me on TV. Stayed for 10 or 15 minutes then went back down to get to my seat. I was 8 rows from the field and directly behind home plate. Stayed in my seat through the pregame ceremonies and the entire game. It rained the entire time. The game was not very well played, although Brandon Phillips, Fred Lewis and Scott Rolen all made some very good plays.

After the game was over I headed to the elevator to head up for the post game show, and Bob Castellini gets off the elevator!

Went up to watch the first half of the post game show. If you heard anyone shout "love me some Cubs defense", that was me.

Then I left and headed back to my car.

That sucks about the rain, but aren't those seats great? Didn't Diva go with you? Did you take full advantage of the, er, libations? Did you give Bob's balls a quick squeeze of thanks for putting together a winning team?

Archived