Pre-draft scouting tidbits on Brady and Montana

[b]Joe Montana [/b]
[i]Before the 1979 draft, one scouting combine rated Montana a 6½ (out of 9). The report said: [b]"He can thread the needle, but usually goes with his primary receiver and forces the ball to him even when he's in a crowd. He's a gutty, gambling, cocky type. Doesn't have great tools, but could eventually start."[/b]

Phil Simms (Giants), Steve Fuller (Chiefs) and Jack Thompson (Bengals) were selected ahead of Montana, a late third-round pick by the 49ers acquired from Dallas.
[/i]
Link: http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:FIvvaK-3g1EJ:espn.go.com/classic/s/000729montanaadd.html+joe+montana+pre+draft+scouting+report&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=uk&source=www.google.co.uk

[b]Tom Brady[/b]
[i]In 2000, the New England Patriots drafted Brady in the sixth round (199 overall) of the 2000 NFL Draft. Brady who had been expecting to be drafted in the third or forth was tremendously disappointed with being drafted so late in the draft. However, as disappointed as Brady was at getting drafted in the sixth round - he may have been luckily to have been drafted at all. One scout wrote about Brady prior to the draft in a scouting report that Tom had [b]"Poor build, very skinny and narrow, lacks mobility and the ability to avoid the rush, lacks a really strong arm."[/b] When Brady arrived at the Foxboro, Massachusetts in the summer of 2000, the Patriots at the time already had three quarterbacks on the roster so Brady didn't have a guarantee of even making the team, but he ended up played well in preseason and training camp and won the third quarterback roster spot. He only appeared in one game as a rookie and completed one pass. [/i]

Link: http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:qi3aU61rNjoJ:www.conservapedia.com/Tom_Brady+tom+brady+nfl+draft+scouting+report&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=uk&source=www.google.co.uk

Hell yeah, over analysis. I hate all this BS about how Julio Jones is "gaining ground" on AJ Green. How the fuck is that happening when there is nothing going on? People talk themselves into shit all the time, it's dumb.

PS. Harrell's scouting report is a hybrid of Montana and Brady, so sign him up.

[quote name='sois' timestamp='1302274505' post='982579']
Hell yeah, over analysis. I hate all this BS about how Julio Jones is "gaining ground" on AJ Green. How the fuck is that happening when there is nothing going on? People talk themselves into shit all the time, it's dumb.

PS. Harrell's scouting report is a hybrid of Montana and Brady, so sign him up.
[/quote]

for being such a big Harrell fan you seem to forget often that he's under contract.

[quote name='sois' timestamp='1302278783' post='982587']
hhahaahhaha oh yeah, I need to order my Packers Harrell jersey now that you mention it.
[/quote]
Wait a few years and you'll be able to buy Harrell's Super Bowl ring. He's going to need the money.

Archived