Jordan Palmer for starting QB!

[quote name='Tigris' timestamp='1303480949' post='985237']
I couldn't deal with 0-16. I would lose all interest. A year without football? I can't get into college football. I'd be F'd.
[/quote]

I'm in the same boat, but I'm willing to suffer through antoher year of shit then us put together another 6-7 average winning team the next 7-10 years.

Shit gets old.

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1303481045' post='985238']
as Old eloquently said earlier, stoooooooooooooopid.

Besides, Andrew Luck is only a (to be) junior. He could very well not come out next year either.
[/quote]

Huh didn't know this cute little fact.

Pass on Jordan .... oh wait ... it got picked off and returned for a TD.

And I would never want to go, much less root for 0-16.
The more wins equals the more happy Sundays. Plus I am
not sure I will even be alive in 2012. I get closer to dying
every second.

And Luck has to be the most overrated College prospect I have ever seen.
Seriously. The dude has played 2 seasons of Collge football. And has had
one great one.

And the dude is only going to be a Junior this season. He very
well could go back to College and finish it out.

[quote name='Tigris' timestamp='1303481727' post='985243']
Your sig reads Green and Dalton. What do you really want?
[/quote]

i really want us to pass on these 6-8 qbs, none of them scream at me "Franchise QB" So why waste a draft pick? They're all 4 tool atheletes when you're looking for a 5 tool.

You can easily draft a HOF wr at #4 and if you play your cards right, draft a solid 8-9 year starting player in the 2nd round. If pouncey is there at #35, it will boggle my mind if we draft Dalton over him.

Find a veteran for a year, with these qbs saturating the market this year it means there will be more next year with less demand.

How do we know Luck does not get serisouly injured next season. Everyone was going crazy about Locker two seasons ago and he was going to be a top picck and great QB and now look he may not even go in the first round. It would be crazy to tank a season for a player you have know idea what he is going to be like this time next year.

Our future is here and wants to prove and show that he can do it while all of you are dogging him!!! The guy knows the players well and has the leadership qualities to do so. Give him a chance! A rookie qb this year won't help at all and the market for free agent qb's is so shitty that I'd rather go with Jordan! Give the guy a chance for crying out loud!!!

[quote name='Rumble In the Jungle' timestamp='1303487598' post='985259']
Our future is here and wants to prove and show that he can do it while all of you are dogging him!!! The guy knows the players well and has the leadership qualities to do so. Give him a chance! A rookie qb this year won't help at all and the market for free agent qb's is so shitty that I'd rather go with Jordan! Give the guy a chance for crying out loud!!!
[/quote]

Just because you had a wet dream about him, doesn't mean he is any good.

:ninja?:

[quote name='oldschooler' timestamp='1303487908' post='985260']
Just because you had a wet dream about him, doesn't mean he is any good.

:ninja?:
[/quote]

you're the only person that gives me wet dreams, especially that pic with you in a mullett :blush:

But seriously, we're not going to the superbowl this yr. ! so give him a chance, it won't hurt!!!

Jordon will not play for us next season. He said IF we don't let Carson go, then he (Jordan) will not play for us next season. Mike will not let Carson go. So, the bottom line is; Jordan will not be our QB for this next season. Sorry to burst your bubble! No Jordon For You!

[quote name='Rick' timestamp='1303517731' post='985331']
Jordon will not play for us next season. He said IF we don't let Carson go, then he (Jordan) will not play for us next season. Mike will not let Carson go. So, the bottom line is; Jordan will not be our QB for this next season. Sorry to burst your bubble! No Jordon For You!
[/quote]
I have never heard him say that but he may have. There was an article posted on here a while back saying that but it was a fake article. If he is trying to get the team together to practice, I would think he intends on playing here.

[/quote]

lol, Jordan Palmer is not in a position to demand anything of ownership in this league

you can bet he will be fulfilling any contract he has signed, he has no choice.

[/quote]

not that I would mind this outcome, but link?

[quote name='Rumble In the Jungle' timestamp='1303488002' post='985263']
you're the only person that gives me wet dreams, especially that pic with you in a mullett :blush:

But seriously, we're not going to the superbowl this yr. ! so give him a chance, it won't hurt!!!
[/quote]

Waaaay off topic, I just want to correct my buddy Rumble on the line under his avatar. It's "200".
MULLY
one of my all time favorite movies

if i was mike brown, i'd make it abundantly clear to carson. if you retire, so does your brother...unless for some foolish reason he thinks jordan could catch on with another team. in case he doesn't know it, i'd make it clear that i only signed jordan as a favor to carson and that's the ONLY reason he has a job.

[quote name='bengaled' timestamp='1303588388' post='985431']
if i was mike brown, i'd make it abundantly clear to carson. if you retire, so does your brother...unless for some foolish reason he thinks jordan could catch on with another team. in case he doesn't know it, [b]i'd make it clear that i only signed jordan as a favor to carson and that's the ONLY reason he has a job.[/b]
[/quote]

Everybody says that, but I don't think that's true. I think Marvin likes Jordan's skillset as evidenced by the release of JT after the preseason. You might keep Jordan as a favor to Carson, but you don't promote him to #2 to keep Carson happy. I don't think Jordan is a Franchise QB by any means, but I do think he could be a Kitna/Fitzpatrick style of back up, especially in a WCO. I also have heard that he's more of a vocal guy than Carson is.

[quote name='kennethmw' timestamp='1303593585' post='985434']
Everybody says that, but I don't think that's true. I think Marvin likes Jordan's skillset as evidenced by the release of JT after the preseason. You might keep Jordan as a favor to Carson, but you don't promote him to #2 to keep Carson happy. I don't think Jordan is a Franchise QB by any means, but I do think he could be a Kitna/Fitzpatrick style of back up, especially in a WCO. I also have heard that he's more of a vocal guy than Carson is.
[/quote]

the game carson palmer is playing is called hardball. mike brown should let carson know he's playing the same game. yes, he wants him back dearly, but if he doesn't come back, there will be repercussions. the difference between JT and jordan was/is pretty much a matter of "who cares" and the decision was probably based purely on economics, from my vantage point. they both stunk the joint up.

[quote name='turningpoint' timestamp='1303480828' post='985234']
Seriously.......

I want to go 0-16 and so we can draft Andrew Luck.

I think we should use our top 2 draft picks on Defense and O line so Luck can have ben Rothlisberger type rookie season.

IMO it's the way to go.
[/quote]
Well, Turningpoint, I get your point but I think that you're desire for a 0-16 season is a little excessive :). What you are saying other than a winless season is that the Bengals should use the draft to build a solid infrastrure for future success. If that's true, I agree . However, with a solid infrastructure of an upgraded defense and OL, they won't go 0-16.

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1303524858' post='985345']
not that I would mind this outcome, but link?
[/quote]
I don't have a link. However, trust me - I read it somewhere. It had to have been here, because this is the only place where I get my Bengals' news. Jordan was sticking-up for his big brother.

[quote name='Rick' timestamp='1303609479' post='985445']
I don't have a link. However, trust me - I read it somewhere. It had to have been here, because this is the only place where I get my Bengals' news. Jordan was sticking-up for his big brother.
[/quote]
Was this the [url="http://www.derfmagazine.com/news/sports/jordan-palmer-threatens"]article[/url]? I know this one was posted on here but this is just made up as a joke.

Archived