[quote name='spicoli-2' timestamp='1304170733' post='989021']
1. Lee Ziemba OL
2. Tyler Sash S
3. Stanley Havili RB/FB
4. Casey Matthews LB
[/quote]

forgot Ziemba was out there. I like him, but he's not someone they'd likely kick in to guard at 6'8", especially considering their new QB is a shade under 6'2"

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1304171266' post='989026']
forgot Ziemba was out there. I like him, but he's not someone they'd likely kick in to guard at 6'8", especially considering their new QB is a shade under 6'2"
[/quote]

Eh, I just think he's the best o-lineman left on the board. I'm not a big fan of Boling and lord only knows what's going to happen with Cannon by the time he's done with all of his treatments.

My list for Day 3:

RB - Taiwan Jones, Kendall Hunter, Dion Lewis

TE - Luke Stocker, Lee Smith

OL - Clint Boling, Marcus Cannon, Stephen Schilling

DL - Pernell McPhee, Greg Romeus, Chris Neild

LB - Colin McCarthy, Mark Herzlich, Casey Matthews

S - Quinton Carter, Robert Sands, Tyler Sash, Joe Lefeged, Shiloh Keo

CB - Busten Skrine, Kendrick Burney

If it were me, I'd start looking at the talented guys that have fallen because of an injury or minor character concern. That way, you can add talented backups that don't have to play major roles in the first year or two of their careers rather than going with less talented players overall and hope you can coach them up.

So... I'd be looking at Christian Ballard, Marcus Cannon, Greg Romeus, Mark Herzlich, etc...

I would also look at some of the high upside guys like Taiwan Jones, Robert Sands, Edmund Gates.

[quote name='claptonrocks' timestamp='1304173278' post='989047']
Has OT James Brewer from Indiana been drafted yet...6'6 325 lbs ...locked up some good pass rushers while playing for Indiana....
I like him in round four.....they could try him at RT and move fatass to RG ...
[/quote]

Brewer is still available.

[quote name='BBR' timestamp='1304173508' post='989052']
Brewer is still available.
[/quote]

I wonder if the Bengals are ready to give up just yet with Andre Smith as an OT. If the Bengals realy like Brewer,then maybe they make that move. As an IU and Bengals fan I'd like to see an IU guys go to the Bengals. I think that rounds 4 and 5 have to go to a S and an OL.

[quote name='bwh' timestamp='1304175453' post='989073']
I wonder if the Bengals are ready to give up just yet with Andre Smith as an OT. If the Bengals realy like Brewer,then maybe they make that move. As an IU and Bengals fan I'd like to see an IU guys go to the Bengals. I think that rounds 4 and 5 have to go to a S and an OL.
[/quote]

can Brewer kick in to either guard spot?

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1304175540' post='989074']
can Brewer kick in to either guard spot?
[/quote]

I don't know about that .He has always played OT for IU. Andre Smith is a big key for the Bengals. Unfortunately with the lockout,the Bengals have not been ablre to work with him this offseason and see where he is at with his health and his weight/conditioning.

[quote name='texbengal' timestamp='1304172320' post='989039']
Shiloh Keo[/quote]
[b]Him and David Sims are probably my two favorite safties. Keo is probably the best run support saftey in the nation. [/b]

[quote name='claptonrocks' timestamp='1304173278' post='989047']
Has OT James Brewer from Indiana been drafted yet[/quote]
[b]Hopefully we grab him at the top of round 4 and kick him in to LG. [/b]

Another guy I'd like is Sam Acho. I just don't know where exactly they'd play him at, especially now that they have Dontay Moch. They aren't the same type of player, but would probably play similar roles in the defense (SLB / Joker type that moves around from LB to DE to OLB in 3-4 sets).

[quote name='BBR' timestamp='1304176848' post='989094']
Another guy I'd like is Sam Acho. I just don't know where exactly they'd play him at, especially now that they have Dontay Moch. They aren't the same type of player, but would probably play similar roles in the defense (SLB / Joker type that moves around from LB to DE to OLB in 3-4 sets).
[/quote]

I think he fits best at 3-4 LB, but he'd be a good ST'er, too. He's a real high-effort guy - and a very good kid. I know his cousin well, and he told me that the Ravens, Chiefs, and Patriots have paid the most attention to him up to this point. With Moch already in the fold, I'd be surprised if the Bengals chose him.

Archived