My New Man Cave

[quote name='oldschooler' timestamp='1308523987' post='997918']
What is retarded about it?
[/quote]

my assumption, and if accurate one i agree with, is that the idea of a "man cave" is typically based on the fact that woman(wife/gf/whatever) wont let you put your shit where you want it in the rest of the house, thus designating a special space where you can put your things as your "man cave"... that being the only place you, a supposed man, can have your own things in your own house.

which would be fucking stupid, and should actually be called a man-gina cave in that respect.

obviously not the case with the original poster, since if there were any female restrictions at all no room would ever get THAT decked out...

thats just my guess, that the typical man-cave is a single room/basement in a house which is likely decked out in purple curtains, flowers and pretty paintings with a single room of "man things".

[quote name='GoBengals' timestamp='1308549719' post='997933']
my assumption, and if accurate one i agree with, is that the idea of a "man cave" is typically based on the fact that woman(wife/gf/whatever) wont let you put your shit where you want it in the rest of the house, thus designating a special space where you can put your things as your "man cave"... that being the only place you, a supposed man, can have your own things in your own house.

which would be fucking stupid, and should actually be called a man-gina cave in that respect.

obviously not the case with the original poster, since if there were any female restrictions at all no room would ever get THAT decked out...

thats just my guess, that the typical man-cave is a single room/basement in a house which is likely decked out in purple curtains, flowers and pretty paintings with a single room of "man things".
[/quote]

My man cave is just a spare room we have. In that room I have my guitars and the computer. I would like to dress it up a bit but what a pain in the ass it is. Not to mention I live in earthquake country. No reason to overdo anything. One huge wobble could fuck it all up.
MULLY

[/quote]

a "man cave", IMO, isn't so much about having a place where you can hang up your own stuff, but rather a place where you can get away from the wife/kids if and whenever you want to.

The room cost me about 30k in total... As you can imagine not a lot of bengals related materials are available here.... The hardest thing to do was the carpet....

It's still a work in progress as I am always on the lookout for memorabilia and what nots.... Thanks to NFL networks online... I have been able to watch every bengals game... And now I can watch them in style :)

[quote name='iwamas' timestamp='1308603447' post='998005']
[b]The room cost me about 30k in total..[/b]. As you can imagine not a lot of bengals related materials are available here.... The hardest thing to do was the carpet....

It's still a work in progress as I am always on the lookout for memorabilia and what nots.... Thanks to NFL networks online... I have been able to watch every bengals game... And now I can watch them in style :)
[/quote]

makes me feel a hell of a lot better about what I've spent on my bathroom.

Ya my mancave is also a spare room about 15 x 22. I usaully host poker games there but during the season that's where my buddies n I watch football. The wife doesn't care where I watch the games but since that's where the beer fridge is at thats where im watching the games. I've spent over 10k on my room but its not nearly as nice as Iwamas room.

[quote name='iwamas' timestamp='1308506885' post='997908']
That's gonna be one heck of a road trip.... I am currently living in Amman Jordan.... but if anyone is ever in this neck of the woods... your are always welcome in my house
[/quote]

My Grandma and a whole lotta family live in Amman Jordan! I may come see you homie! Funny thing is my grandma has been asking me to come see her for yrs. but the moment a budy has a Bengals basement in Amman now I'm motivated to go lol

[quote name='Rumble In the Jungle' timestamp='1308673692' post='998080']
My Grandma and a whole lotta family live in Amman Jordan! I may come see you homie! Funny thing is my grandma has been asking me to come see her for yrs. but the moment a budy has a Bengals basement in Amman now I'm motivated to go lol
[/quote]

Your grandma of course has a Browns basement.

:ninja:

[quote name='Rumble In the Jungle' timestamp='1308673692' post='998080']
[/quote]

Let me know when you're planning on visiting : )

[/quote]

Go, once your current wife leaves your ass, you'll understand why you need a man cave, and why you will be willing to accept just one room to have your shit in. :lol:

Archived