Dalton is GARBAGE!

[quote name='kennethmw' timestamp='1313978772' post='1018930']
OMG!! Dalton Looked like a rookie against the Jet's D!!! Heck, I remember how GREAT carson looked against the Jets D!! Damn, We may go 4-12 this year!!

:panicbutton: :panicbutton: :frantics: :frantics:
[/quote]

Seriously.... Carson was completely fucking horse shit for two years against the Jets. 100% THE OLINES FAULT THO!

Mark this post, Dalton is going to have the least amount of TD passes, and will come close to leading the league in INT, and will have the lowest passer rating of any starting QB. I am picturing 9TDs against 20Ints and average of about 140 yards per game at the most. If he doesn't throw 20ints it's because they will run the ball more, and if that's the case his TDs will go down to 7 and INTs will go down to 16 and passing yards average will be at about 125 or so.

After watching him, I don't see much in the way of positives. Didn't even think he was that good in college.

[quote name='BigDawgBengal' timestamp='1313979386' post='1018940']
When you throw in it was the Jets defense, heavy rain, and 5 drops, I dont think he did that bad. He definitely showed some good signs. The roll out throw he made was pretty sweet. Carson was never going to make that throw.
[/quote]

nice avatar, funny sketch. :)

[quote name='Bunghole' timestamp='1313979379' post='1018939']
You so crazy....this team overall is light years ahead of the one Klingler played for...
[/quote]

Yet this Bengals team will finish with the same amount of wins as that team...

Not about to thrown Dalton under the bus yet but GO is right that he made some very poor throws out there. Even the ones that were caught were the result of the receiver having to break stride, expose themselves, reach back or reach down. Weather sucked and this is only his 3rd week as a Pro but he is doing the same thing Kitna did and I HATED Kitna.

WC offense is about quick strikes and having athletes get yardage after then catch. Only pass I saw that looked good was the pass to Shipley who thankfully can catch a BB in the dark. The screen pass to Leonard was well designed play that didn't require a good pass.

Dalton is finding the open receivers so that is a good thing but he has to be able to make these passes. Yeah, there were some drops but the OPEN receivers were having to make serious unnecessary adjustments due to poor passing.

Still too early to pass judgement but it wasn't a pretty effort. BTW, our backups really suck.

What is a 3 week rookie QB supposed to do? He looked off target at first but quickly picked things up and made some dang good throws with guys coming for him. He showed me can move out of the pocket and still be accurate. He played against a good defense IN THE RAIN.

I thought he looked decent. He's progressing. I'm excited.

[quote name='Legoland' timestamp='1313977875' post='1018921']
Wow. Declaring him shit after three weeks? Pulling out the jump to conclusion mat already? Does anyone even remember Carson last year? And that was after 8 years in the same system and terminology. Dalton's had what three weeks? I'd like to see some of you armchairs try it. He deserves better from you "fans". Give him a fucking break and at least wait and see if he improves on his mistakes.
[/quote]
^ This.

Great post. Dalton might be great, he may suck ?? But NONE of us know at this point. This site is going to be difficult to stay with this season with folks already having their minds set. Sad really

[quote name='Tigris' timestamp='1313979646' post='1018946']
What is a 3 week rookie QB supposed to do? He looked off target at first but quickly picked things up and made some dang good throws with guys coming for him. He showed me can move out of the pocket and still be accurate. He played against a good defense IN THE RAIN.

I thought he looked decent. He's progressing. I'm excited.
[/quote]

It seemed to me that both Dalton and Sanchez struggled with the rain early. Both had balls sailing a bit high, which is an indication that the ball is slipping out of their hands.

[quote name='CTBengalsFan' timestamp='1313978994' post='1018935']

Seriously.... Carson was completely fucking horse shit for two years against the Jets. 100% THE OLINES FAULT THO!
[/quote]

Don't talk about our Heisman trophy winning, pro bowl QB like that. He was clutch against the Jets when it counted. Never overthrew a WR during the playoff game. The O line sucked and the Wideouts ran the wrong rts.

I for one am neither encouraged or discouraged. If he continues to play the way he has played so far, then I see Andrew Luck in our future. I do see enough flashes from him to think that he could be an above average quarterback, but I don't believe he will be ever a star, by any stretch. I hope I am wrong. The one thing that I think it demonstrates is how bad Palmer has been for us that last couple of years. Palmer has only been slightly better the last couple of year than Andy Dalton has been this pre-season. At least Andy is a rookie and "should" only get better. That's actually the one positive here is that he really can only get better at this point. I don't think he will look as bad as he has looked so far all year, and he has not looked like he is totally lost which is encouraging, especially coming from a "smaller" school.

[quote name='Rumble In the Jungle' timestamp='1313970827' post='1018694']
I am just very frustrated guys! I love this team and I really am pissed off watching this crap! I don't want my team to be made fun off.
[/quote]

You must not have been a Bengals fan very long. Most of us are used to them being made fun of. It's fun.

[quote name='TigerCub' timestamp='1313980657' post='1018956']
I for one and neither encouraged or discouraged. If he continues to play the way he has played so far, then I see Andrew Luck in our future. I do see enough flashes from him to think that he could be an above average quarterback, but I don't believe he will be ever a star, by any stretch. I hope I am wrong. [b]The one thing that I think it demonstrates is how bad Palmer has been for us that last couple of years. Palmer has only been slightly better the last couple of year than Andy Dalton has been this pre-season. [/b] At least Andy is a rookie and "should" only get better. That's actually the one positive here is that he really can only get better at this point. I don't think he will look as bad as he has looked so far all year, and he has not looked like he is totally lost which is encouraging, especially coming from a "smaller" school.
[/quote]

I'm not sure how one comes to that conclusion at all.

[quote name='BengalBacker' timestamp='1313976400' post='1018895']
Christ.

I'm gonna give the guy a chance before I declare him to be shit. I saw good things and bad things, and I think he'll keep getting better. At least he's already figured out that "fake" isn't just a word when running a play fake. I think he has better pocket awareness already than Carson, and can move out of the pocket better. Turn just half of the drops into catches and he would have had an exceptional game.
[/quote]

THIS! Let's give the kid a chance. He already shows more mobility and pocket awareness than Carson.

[quote name='mgbrown66' timestamp='1313980722' post='1018957']

You must not have been a Bengals fan very long. Most of us are used to them being made fun of. It's fun.
[/quote]
I think its part of the new CBA. Bengals will suck real bad so the other teams won't be made fun of. Mikey doesn't have to spend close to the cap and everyone is happy. :ninja_star:

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1313980730' post='1018958']

I'm not sure how one comes to that conclusion at all.
[/quote]

Sorry, I meant to say at times (like against the Jets last year), Palmer has only looked slightly better. I did not mean to infer that Dalton is right now almost as good as Palmer was for us.

[quote name='bengalbutch' timestamp='1313979671' post='1018948']
This site is going to be difficult to stay with this season with folks already having their minds set. Sad really
[/quote]

That and having to watch people piss themselves each week in lust for the Stanford Christ child.

[quote name='Rumble In the Jungle' timestamp='1313981306' post='1018966']
was there any reason Jordan didn't get any play time tonight?
[/quote]
Because the team knows you have a boner for him. It's only fair. :ninja:

I didn't watch the 2nd half, but I'd imagine Jordan might have locked up the 3 spot without playing!

Archived