What might have been

That team looked pretty darn good tonight against a bad team. It made me realize how few holes there really are. What a difference 2 players being here that are not here might have made, add in a backup MLB injury, Fat Lutui and an improved player at LG and I think that's a playoff roster when you consider our poor schedule.

[xml]QB Palmer 2014 Dalton 2014 LeFevour 2013
RB Benson 2011 Scott 2012 Leonard 2012
FB Pressley 2011
WR Green 2014 Caldwell 2011
WR Simpson 2011
WR Shipley 2013 Cosby 2011
TE Gresham 2014 Scaife 2011 Coffman 2012
LT Whitworth 2013
LG Collins 2011 Boling 2014
C Cook 2011 Stephens 2013
RG Williams 2011 Lutui 2012
RT Smith 2014 Roland 2011

K Nugent 2011
P Huber 2012
LS Harris 2011

LE Geathers 2012 Fanene 2011
LT Peko 2014 Sims 2011 Shirley 2011
RT Atkins 2013 McDonald 2011
RE Dunlap 2013 Johnson 2012
SLB Lawson 2011 Moch 2014
MLB Mualaga 2012 Johnson 2011 Muckleroy 2013
WLB Howard 2012 Rivers 2013
S Crocker 2012 Sands 2014
S Nelson 2011 Mays 2013 Murray 2011
CB Hall 2011 Clements 2012 Trent 2012
CB Joseph FRAN Jones 2011
[/xml]

[quote name='OneHeartBeat' timestamp='1314332394' post='1021635']
Pamer chose to quit. Fuck him.
[/quote]

im sure you would have stuck it out, people heckling your wife and children when they go out, people throwing trash in your lawn, giving special treatment to players half assing and showing up late to meetings and practice, while you bust your ass and play through being murdered....

at some point you have to make yourself happy, and do whats right for you...

yea, fuck the guy who is tired of bullshit and does whats best for him and his family.. fuck THAT guy... brilliant...

[quote name='GoBengals' timestamp='1314332645' post='1021638']

im sure you would have stuck it out, people heckling your wife and children when they go out, people throwing trash in your lawn, giving special treatment to players half assing and showing up late to meetings and practice, while you bust your ass and play through being murdered....

yea, fuck the guy who is tired of bullshit and does whats best for him and his family.. fuck THAT guy... brilliant...
[/quote]
Every other player in the NFL is willing to fulfill their contractual obligations except for THAT guy. Yea, fuck THAT guy.

[/quote]

50 more million will let you move your wife out of town or in to fucking witness protection.......

I agree Fuck that guy.....

[/quote]
you're living in a fantasy world. you got nothing right. nothing. palmer got the most special treatment of any player in the league. his wife and children were never heckled and the garbage story is an urban myth. and palmer is a flat out quitter who bailed on his mates. other than all this...nice post.

[quote name='Nati Ice' timestamp='1314332911' post='1021641']
Every other player in the NFL is willing to fulfill their contractual obligations except for THAT guy. Yea, fuck THAT guy.
[/quote]

bullshit. guys hold out, want out, and get out all the time. whether its through holding out, poor play, retiring (Favre, yea, fuck him, too!) chad threw a tantrum and stopped trying, and got his way to NE, corey dillon did the same, takeo spikes, mankins of the patriots held out and wasted half a season over his contract, let alone his families well being and own health, fuck him? cool... haynesworth demanded a trade.. fuck that guy too... jerry porter demanded a trade from the raiders, fuck that peice of garbage, eh? sheldon brown demanded a trade... fuck him...

difference? everyone on that list did it for money or some other self serving reason... held out stop trying, was spiteful...

carson told them where he stood at the exit interview, and did it over how he was treated on and off the field, the patriots are franchising LG's to ensure brady is protected, through hold outs, trade demands, everything.. manning is getting 1st round picks who arent lazy fucks spent to protect him... carson had kyle cook, nate livings, rolland, mathis, getting him FUCKED UP... the guy got a broken nose in preseason, tore a thumb ligament and had to hand off with one hand all fucking season, twice tore his knee to shreds ending his season, his elbow shredded, his hip fucked up. and never... EVER once said an ill word towards the team, players, coaches, anyone... you really cant handle the situation better than that...

why the fuck would anyone want to play under those conditions? he did it in 2008, 2009, and 2010.... 3 YEARS to get your shit together and protect the guy, give him guys willing to try and play hard, and it didnt happen...

[quote name='fluhartz' timestamp='1314333387' post='1021644']

50 more million will let you move your wife out of town or in to fucking witness protection.......

I agree Fuck that guy.....
[/quote]

why the fuck would you do that? you have to move your wife and NEWBORN CHILDREN away from yourself because stupid white trash harass them?

what the fuck is wrong with you?

[quote name='GoBengals' timestamp='1314333632' post='1021647']

bullshit. guys hold out, want out, and get out all the time. whether its through holding out, poor play, retiring (Favre, yea, fuck him, too!) chad threw a tantrum and stopped trying, and got his way to NE, corey dillon did the same, takeo spikes, mankins of the patriots held out and wasted half a season over his contract, let alone his families well being and own health, fuck him? cool... haynesworth demanded a trade.. fuck that guy too... jerry porter demanded a trade from the raiders, fuck that peice of garbage, eh? sheldon brown demanded a trade... fuck him...

difference? everyone on that list did it for money or some other self serving reason... held out stop trying, was spiteful...

carson told them where he stood at the exit interview, and did it over how he was treated on and off the field, the patriots are franchising LG's to ensure brady is protected, through hold outs, trade demands, everything.. manning is getting 1st round picks who arent lazy fucks spent to protect him... carson had kyle cook, nate livings, rolland, mathis, getting him FUCKED UP... the guy got a broken nose in preseason, tore a thumb ligament and had to hand off with one hand all fucking season, twice tore his knee to shreds ending his season, his elbow shredded, his hip fucked up. and never... EVER once said an ill word towards the team, players, coaches, anyone... you really cant handle the situation better than that...

why the fuck would anyone want to play under those conditions? he did it in 2008, 2009, and 2010.... 3 YEARS to get your shit together and protect the guy, give him guys willing to try and play hard, and it didnt happen...

why the fuck would you do that? you have to move your wife and NEWBORN CHILDREN away from yourself because stupid white trash harass them?

what the fuck is wrong with you?
[/quote]

its sarcasm dude..... just don't get your hatred.....

[quote name='blueridge' timestamp='1314333570' post='1021646']
you're living in a fantasy world. you got nothing right. nothing. palmer got the most special treatment of any player in the league. his wife and children were never heckled and the garbage story is an urban myth. and palmer is a flat out quitter who bailed on his mates. other than all this...nice post.
[/quote]

of course it is... i love the facts you presented... i was there when he was boo'd for becoming the teams leading passer, and his family has been ripped on here for months now by the same stupid jackasses... its not like the behavior hasnt been seen since 2009... at the games, after the games, but its some how a myth that it happened away from the stadium? genius...

you have no idea what the hell you are talking about....

i guess andrew whitworth is in on the urban myth too in his interview with the enquirer...

[quote]Then it didn’t help that there were – and you say Cincinnati fans but the people who do stuff like they did to him aren’t real fans. You’ve got your real fans that will love and support you no matter what but having stuff thrown in his yard and stuff like that, just stuff that is uncalled for. There is stuff like that I’m sure hurt him and put him in a place where he’s not just hurt but worried about his family and people coming to his house. You worry about all that for him but in the end I can feel his frustrations so I wasn’t exactly surprised but I was concerned.[/quote]

[quote]It’s one of those things where I have my own selfish motives and I’d love to have him back but that’s one of those decisions where Carson wouldn’t speak out unless it was something he was serious about. He’s not the kind of guy to bring this up and just throw it out there as a bargaining tool. He’s serious.[/quote]

a huge scam for sure...

[quote name='fluhartz' timestamp='1314333910' post='1021653']

its sarcasm dude..... just don't get your hatred.....
[/quote]

my hatred is for those who put down a guy who gave his all and brought this franchise out of the dark ages.... who chose his health and safety over being abused year after year, never said a negative word about anyone and just played his ass off every year....

[quote name='MichaelWeston' timestamp='1314333734' post='1021650']

I think Palmer and Joseph v Dalton and Clements is probably a difference of 4 wins.
[/quote]

You're right. We will win at least 4 more games with Dalton than with Palmer.

Palmer had his chance. He was given a roster with Hall-of-Fame caliber WRs, great RBs, the best TE in the draft...and he led them to a 4-12 last place finish and could barely score one offensive TD per game.

He was a failure. The results with Dalton will be better.

I love(d) Palmer as much as the next guy, but I don't think he would have been able to grow with this young team like Dalton can...Carson, for all the abuse he took, was gun shy last year and got happy feet in the pocket...and it's amazing how quickly we forget his overthrows, game-killing pick 6's, and overall lack of leadership for the offensive team.

I wish him the best of luck--I really do. All I can say is, I've worked in a terrible environment before, and there was nothing quite as satisfying as the day I walked out and never came back (I got another job, I didn't choose unemployment, lol)...it would be pretty hypocritical for me to chastise Palmer for doing something I myself have done, especially when we don't know the whole story.

And Mike Brown made my old boss look like Jesus H. himself.

[quote name='GoBengals' timestamp='1314334719' post='1021660']

my hatred is for those who put down a guy who gave his all and brought this franchise out of the dark ages.... who chose his health and safety over being abused year after year, never said a negative word about anyone and just played his ass off every year....
[/quote]

You make it sound like he was doing this out of the kindness of his heart, but he was making 11 MILLION DOLLARS A YEAR!!!

If you're a fucking pro, you suck it up and play. You don't QUIT on your teammates.

And with his performance last year, he DESERVED to be booed--he LOST that Tampa Game with his INT's as well as several others.

Hell there was talk at the end of last year that he might be CUT because he was being overpaid for the crappy job he was doing.

So excuse the hell out of me if I don't have sympathy for an overpaid over-the-hill quitter who took his ball and went home crying.

I cannot and will not fault the guy.

He was playing behind a pretty horrid pass-blocking line the past two years. His go-to guy was lowballed at the start of negotiations. He had to listen to Chad whine..a lot. The fans shit on him all the time and continue to do so. Hell, he made this team relevant the past couple of years. No Carson Palmer=No playoffs in '09. Dude was ice-cold, but somehow had no leadership presence? Come on now.

His wife probably told him it's either me or Cincy. Dude was being booed. He might have been asked to take a paycut? He was getting killed almost week in and out. He just had twin newborns. Kids alone would make me be able to make the decision to walk away.

yea, fuck the guy who is tired of bullshit and does whats best for him and his family.. fuck THAT guy... brilliant...[/quote]

Then the guy isn't tough and clearly not a true football player. Players get booed in every stadium
across the country. You act like it only happens here. You don't think he eveb remotely tried
play his way out of here last year? If not than your delusional. And this is football, guys get hurt, they
get smacked around, that's part of the reason they make millions. Its not like he siged a
contract to host blues clues. The dude can't handle adversity because he's never really had
to his entire life. If he's happy good for him. He's still a quitter in my book.

[quote name='CincyInDC' timestamp='1314341996' post='1021693']
Time to move on, ladies.
[/quote]

+1

FFS trade him and be done with it. MB needs to get over the idea that it's his place to "punish" the guy for doing something he doesn't agree with. It's not a damned Cub Scout troop, it's a professional football franchise. I really dgaf who wins between "entitled multimillionaire disgruntled golden child " and "disconnected multimillionaire paternalistic jock-sniffer". They're both fucking losers in the only area of their lives that concerns me in the slightest - winning football games. There's a locker room full of guys busting ass to make this team and all I keep hearing about is this ridiculous power struggle between some asshole out in California and a mule-stubborn ineffectual bumbling geezer with a messiah complex and their little slapfight-by-media-proxy. Enough already.

yea, fuck the guy who is tired of bullshit and does whats best for him and his family.. fuck THAT guy... brilliant...[/quote]

Hey Carson, how ya been?

[quote name='GoBengals' timestamp='1314334719' post='1021660']

[/quote]

Up until, he, you know, quit.

Look, it's your site, and you have a long and proud history of bullying the shit out of people who disagree with you, so I guess this will be your new thing to replace the Bratkowski stuff. But it chokes the fuck out of your board, it really does.

I am old enough to remember Ken Anderson being treated like shit from 1978 to 1980. Culminating in the home crowd cheering as he lay injured on the field in Game 1 of the 1981 season. And then Turk Schonert coming in and leading an improbable comeback. And then the entire city begging for a change and expecting it. It was BRUTAL to Anderson, and absolutely unfair. Far more brutal than anything Palmer was hearing from the crowd last year. And Forrest Gregg sticking with Anderson, who, well, DIDN'T quit. And that season went on to be what it was.

People who are focused on Palmer quitting? Hard to see where they are off the mark. Palmer did not have to take the extension he was offered back in the day. But when he took it, he was signing up to be not just this team's quarterback, but also, given the position he plays, its leader. And leaders don't do what he did this off-season. You can excuse make and dogcuss people all you want (and, given your history, you will) but it is pretty sad that you won't take a step back to see where people's views on Palmer's actions might have some validity.

Archived