Lewis Blasts Mystery Critic

[url="http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/rapid-reports/post/15750629"][b]24 minutes ago[/b][/url] - by Paul Dehner Jr. - [url="http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/rapid-reports/post/15750629"][b]Lewis blasts mystery critic[/b][/url]
In the mystery of the day, Marvin Lewis, when asked for a message to give to the fans, directed a cryptic shot at an unspecified person. "Someone has done a very good job driving them away from here,” Lewis said. “And he’s been very wrong." Could it be QB [url="http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/rapid-reports/player/396173/carson-palmer"]Carson Palmer[/url]? A local or national writer? Asked to clarify, Lewis declined. [url="http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/rapid-reports/team/CIN"]Bengals RapidReports[/url]

I think the entire sports media fits that box. Almost everyone had us dead last in the preseason polls and said we would be terrible. There was no analysis, just we would suck because we were the Bengals and because of the Carson Palmer fiasco.

We were the BEST 4-12 team in years yet the media acted like the only players on the team were Chad, TO and Carson and since they were leaving, we were doomed.

Weird. Is he talking about fans? Media?

I watched the NFL Network show last night to see highlights, they showed TWO plays from the game. One was Clark's TD (go figure), and the other was Dunlap's TD. Then they proceeded to show about 30 minutes of the Raiders / Browns highlights.

I have been watching ESPN since 0630 - they have only shown ONE play from that game, which was Clark's one handed TD.

I'd say it's a clear shot at the media. Look at how ESPN and the smaller media hacks that were just parroting what ESPN said were annihilating the Bengals before the season. There was never any real reason to say they were the "worst" team in the NFL prior to the season. That was completely ignoring the talent on the defensive side of the ball. The media had been saying that Chad needed to go for the Bengals to take the next step, that Carson was a shell of his former self due to injuries and quite possibly holding the team back and JJ was never exactly the most healthy CB in the NFL. Yet when all Chad is traded, Carson is replaced (regardless of the details surrounding it) and JJ goes to another team, they're suddenly the worst team in the NFL. Doesn't add up, and Marvin called them out on it which is a good thing.

[quote name='Cat' timestamp='1318875057' post='1046758']Weird. Is he talking about fans? Media? I watched the NFL Network show last night to see highlights, they showed TWO plays from the game. One was Clark's TD (go figure), and the other was Dunlap's TD. Then they proceeded to show about 30 minutes of the Raiders / Browns highlights. I have been watching ESPN since 0630 - they have only shown ONE play from that game, which was Clark's one handed TD.[/quote]

The one in the afternoon pretty much showed what is on the NFLN site as 'highlights'. That was cut down for the final show.

What are the odds we get mentioned by "Boomer" aka Tom Brady's penis washer tonight during halftime? The ONLY reason it would happen would be to slobber over Peyton Manning somehow. With that "vicious" fight :gayfight2: between the 49er and Lions coach last night and the Indy Car Wreck (That sucked big time) I can't see us getting any mention.

[quote name='oldschooler' timestamp='1318875578' post='1046767']

Is he talking about Go?

:39:

:rsju31uh9:
[/quote]
Oh shit that was funny. :41:

It is very odd to me that the quote clearly states "someone"....maybe I'm reading too literally or reading too much into it, but that implies a single person to me. Seems very weird to single out just one person since there were (and still are) sooooooo many negative opinions out there. Must have been pretty blatant, serious to the bottom line, and personal if Marvin is really singling out just one.

[quote name='SF2' timestamp='1318877446' post='1046787']
What are the odds we get mentioned by "Boomer" aka Tom Brady's penis washer tonight during halftime? The ONLY reason it would happen would be to slobber over Peyton Manning somehow. With that "vicious" fight :gayfight2: between the 49er and Lions coach last night and the Indy Car Wreck (That sucked big time) I can't see us getting any mention.
[/quote]

I was surprised he actually mentioned them briefly last night. They didn't show highlights, or talk much, but at one point he goes "and the Bengals are 4-2". That was their Bengals quota for the day.

[quote name='gatorclaws' timestamp='1318878030' post='1046796']
I'm guessing it's towards a local guy.... someone who criticized everyone who even thought of buying/renewing tickets. My guess is Doc
[/quote]

You may have hit the nail on the head. Local guy that has some national exposure, and is quite the "sandy VJ".

I need to win the lottery. Start my own sports news network that covers the smaller market teams. I turn on ESPN and its the eagles are back and 20 minutes of eagles coverage. Then we go to NY to talk about rex ryan's lunch. 20 minutes later were in dallas listening to jerry jones say well tony is our quarterback. Same shit, different day. ESPN blows

[quote name='gatorclaws' timestamp='1318878030' post='1046796']
I'm guessing it's towards a local guy.... someone who criticized everyone who even thought of buying/renewing tickets. My guess is Doc
[/quote]

+1. I think that was clearly aimed at daugherty.

It's Palmer you morons. Do you really think that Lewis believes that a single local or national sports writer "has done a very good job driving them away from here"? No, Lewis knows that the Bengals lost all credibility when their most respected player took his ball and went home. He is clearly speaking about Palmer when he said "he's been very wrong." He is gloating about the fact that Palmer left the Bengals to rot and now the Bengals are doing pretty well with out him.

Archived