THE CARSON PALMER THREAD (post everything about the quitter here)

oldschooler

[size=6][b][url="http://cincinnati.com/blogs/tv/2011/10/19/ch-12-cant-air-palmer-raiders-debut/"]Ch 12 Can’t Air Palmer Raiders Debut[/url][/b][/size]
[b] 2:21 pm, Oct 19, 2011 | Written by [email="jkiesewetter@enquirer.com"]jkiesewetter[/email][/b]

You won’t see Carson Palmer’s Oakland Raiders debut Sunday on WKRC-TV. Channel 12 GM Les Vann asked CBS today about carrying the 4 p.m. Oakland @ Kansas City game Sunday at my suggestions, and was told no. So you’ll need DirecTV’s NFL Sunday Ticket to see the game.

With the Bengals on a bye week, and Fox having the doubleheader, Channel 12 is scheduled to air the San Diego Chargers at NY Jets 1 p.m. game. Vann wanted to switch to a 4 p.m., and carry Palmer & the Raiders.

“John, Just got word from CBS that we cannot switch to the Oakland game this weekend,” Vann said in an email.

He knew it was doubtful when I emailed him earlier today: “Had this trade happened last week maybe, but we are days past game change requests and it is really complicated because of satellite distribution.”

Thanks for trying!

(Click the link for the entire article)

[url="http://cincinnati.com/blogs/tv/2011/10/19/ch-12-cant-air-palmer-raiders-debut/"]http://cincinnati.co...-raiders-debut/[/url]

[quote name='Arkansas Bengal' timestamp='1319113710' post='1049028']
I have DirectTV NFL Sunday Ticket and I'm looking forward to seeing Palmer throw a couple of Pick 6's and getting knocked on his ass multiple times.
[/quote]

I would also enjoy seeing that old wasted timeout walk of shame stomp back to the sidelines / rip the chinstrap loose / sulk after not being able to efficiently get the offense lined up. Should see plenty of that with the new team, system, mixed with some rustiness....

[quote name='saphead' timestamp='1319115483' post='1049036']

I would also enjoy seeing that old wasted timeout walk of shame stomp back to the sidelines / rip the chinstrap loose / sulk after not being able to efficiently get the offense lined up. Should see plenty of that with the new team, system, mixed with some rustiness....
[/quote]

We've already seen that with the Bengals this season

I hope Palmer sucks, but I wouldn't say that makes me a psycho. He demanded a trade out of here, and didn't want to be here. I consider that an insult, and am not going to wish him well. I'm not fixated on him or anything but i'd be lying if I said I wouldn't get some pleasure out of him sucking it up in Oakland. More than happy with what we've got now moving forward with draft picks. Doesn't change the fact that Palmer is a quitting punk though.

I actually don't mind the Raiders overall. I like watching DMC and their speedy young WRs.

However, "self-interest" here wins out. I don't see the 2nd 1st being a realistic possibility (Oakland would have to make it to the AFC Champ. game), so the only direct rooting interest as a Bengals fan is to want to see them lose as many games as possible so the 2012 1st is early. Best case would probably be for them to finish 6-10 or 7-9 and have that pick be in the 8-12 range.

[quote name='mroby85' timestamp='1319136169' post='1049194']
I hope Palmer sucks, but I wouldn't say that makes me a psycho. He demanded a trade out of here, and didn't want to be here. I consider that an insult, and am not going to wish him well. I'm not fixated on him or anything but i'd be lying if I said I wouldn't get some pleasure out of him sucking it up in Oakland. More than happy with what we've got now moving forward with draft picks. Doesn't change the fact that Palmer is a quitting punk though.
[/quote]
This.

[quote name='Abu-Zayd' timestamp='1319134473' post='1049183']I'll watch too. Jamie, I agree. There are certainly people here who would be considered the 'psycho' after a break up.[/quote]
I dont think im "Psyco" just because my QB on my favorite sports team quit on them and now i dont like him and I really wish he fails with the Raiders. If anything it seems like all you Palmer lovers are hoping you wake up one day and it was just a dream and Palmer is still in stripes. Fuck Palmer Go Bengals!

[quote name='sois' timestamp='1319140096' post='1049216']
Some people here seem like they care more about the sanctity of loyalty to the Bengals organization more than they care about their own families.
[/quote]

Well, I know I care about it more than my in-laws.

No :ninja:

I was a big Raiders fan as a kid since New Orleans just sucked ass growning up. Haven't really followed them in years. It will be interesting to see how he actually does. It has to be better than OchoStinko who is now at the bottom of the depth chart in NE. 7 plays a game is pretty sad.

I am kinda torn. I always liked Carson until this year but in his defense he did try to keep his demands under wrap. Still, he signed the big contract with the big bonus so I didn't have much sympathy. I guess its all good. I still remember that last game last year when he looked like he was having a blast throwing to guys who actually cared about winning.

Archived