!!!!!!!OFFICIAL"THE" OHIO STATE BASKETBALL THREAD!!!!!!!

oldschooler

With all due respect to the UC Bearcats, which I am also a fan of. I think this basketball team
is much more worthy of a pinned thread. Oh and fuck Kinsucky while I'm at it.

Did anyone see the dismantling of Duke last night?

Very impressive and young team. Looking for them to make some noise this year.

[quote name='JC' timestamp='1322683206' post='1069525']
They were 7-0. Where else do you rank a team that has beaten MSU, Michigan, and Kansas?
[/quote]

I didn't say they didn't deserve the ranking they had. But that doesn't mean they are the 4th best team in the country. I'm a UK fan, but do I think UK is the best team in the country right now? no way. I'm saying the rankings don't mean a lot.

Besides....I think we can agree that MSU and Kansas are down this year compared to past years. By the end of the season, those wins may not look that impressive.

[quote name='Bengal Cat' timestamp='1322684118' post='1069528']

I didn't say they didn't deserve the ranking they had. But that doesn't mean they are the 4th best team in the country. I'm a UK fan, but do I think UK is the best team in the country right now? no way. I'm saying the rankings don't mean a lot.

Besides....I think we can agree that MSU and Kansas are down this year compared to past years. By the end of the season, those wins may not look that impressive.
[/quote]
Maybe they aren't fourth, maybe they aren't first. They are a top 10, and will be a top 5 team by the end of the year. Taking that win away from OSU is discrediting them on how good they really are. They put up the third highest offensive efficiency against Duke since 2001. Ohio State just spanked an extremely good team.

MSU and Kansas may not be as good as in previous years, but they both have Naismith type player of the year candidates on their team. Nothing to laugh at. They will both be solid top 15 teams once the season gets down the stretch.

I won't hijack this thread anymore with that though. I expect OSU to have a really good year, with a deep run in March. They have everything they need. Good post presence. A really good point guard. Good leadership and a lot of good guys who can contribute off the bench. A lot of traits of national championship team.

[quote name='JC' timestamp='1322850556' post='1070045']
Maybe they aren't fourth, maybe they aren't first. They are a top 10, and will be a top 5 team by the end of the year. Taking that win away from OSU is discrediting them on how good they really are. They put up the third highest offensive efficiency against Duke since 2001. Ohio State just spanked an extremely good team.

MSU and Kansas may not be as good as in previous years, but they both have Naismith type player of the year candidates on their team. Nothing to laugh at. They will both be solid top 15 teams once the season gets down the stretch.

I won't hijack this thread anymore with that though. I expect OSU to have a really good year, with a deep run in March. They have everything they need. Good post presence. A really good point guard. Good leadership and a lot of good guys who can contribute off the bench. A lot of traits of national championship team.
[/quote]

No hijacking going on JC.....just good discussion. Congrats to OSU on a great win. OSU fans have every reason to be excited about this team. I hope they stay healthy and have a great season.

• 2 months later...
2 tough games left for OSU Old. Northwestern is a desperate team and that type of team is dangerous. A trip to Lansing is never easy. I thought they were a solid 2 seed before today. If they drop another one, probably a 3. I don't see them dropping to a 4 unless they drop their next 2. It would be hard to drop them to a 4 seed considering how strong the Big 10 is this year.

They have enough time to "right the ship" and make a good run in the dance.

• 2 weeks later...
Heartbreaking loss. The Buckeyes should have won that game.
I was really looking forward to watching them play Kentucky in the National Championship.

Oh well. They had a great season. The ending sucked though.

I hope they don't lose Sullinger and Thomas to the NBA.

[quote name='oldschooler' timestamp='1333281767' post='1114370']
Heartbreaking loss. The Buckeyes should have won that game.
I was really looking forward to watching them play Kentucky in the National Championship.

Oh well. They had a great season. The ending sucked though.

I hope they don't lose Sullinger and Thomas to the NBA.
[/quote]

still a great season. Thomas' foul trouble was likely the deciding factor in the game.

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1333290322' post='1114396']

still a great season. Thomas' foul trouble was likely the deciding factor in the game.
[/quote]

Nah, the fact that they went 7 minutes at the beginning of the second half without hitting a field goal probably had more to do with it...

[quote name='Elflocko' timestamp='1333291016' post='1114400']

Nah, the fact that they went 7 minutes at the beginning of the second half without hitting a field goal probably had more to do with it...
[/quote]

well part of that was thomas :lol:

Buford stepped up, but I think the struggles of Thomas (their best scorer) had a big impact on the game.