!!!THE 1ST ROUND OF THE 2012 NFL DRAFT THREAD!!!

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1335453571' post='1121957']

not even comparable. Heck, AJ Green is making more this year than Maclin is and maclin's on his 2nd contract.

Jackson and Maclin also aren't anywhere near Green and Floyd's level as receivers.
[/quote]

Jackson had a rough year, but don't be rash. Floyd hasn't even proven himself in the league. Desean is one of the top WRs in the league, I think. Can't teach that kind of speed and agility.

Anyways, I agree with ya Old. (pretty sure old is the OP) those selections in the first round would leave me ecstatic

[quote name='Dautcom08' timestamp='1335449852' post='1121919']
I think the bigger concern would be if with those two in the next 5 years they didn't make a run at the Super Bowl. Much like the Cardinals with Boldin I'd be comfortable with those two for 5 years signing the more valuable option and moving on from the other via trade, filling the gap left with either another draft selection or FA. Why does it have to be a just straight up loss of one of them there are other options as the contracts would start to run out. Floyd is a beast and that duo would just be unfair for however many years they would be together.

Floyd is #1 on my list (admitted ND fan).
[/quote]

floyd's probably #1 on my list and i admittedly hate notre dame. just shows what school they played for doesn't have anything to do with it.

[quote name='BBR' timestamp='1335450877' post='1121926']

You know what.... I'l take 5 years of fun to watch, exciting football if it means losing one of them after that. For now, forget the possibility of increased salary caps, one of them taking a contract and the other being franchised a couple years, etc... Ignore all that and give me the best damn players you can get so we can look forward to watching the games.
[/quote]

there you go!

[quote name='Jamie_B' timestamp='1335454059' post='1121962']
These next two years with the extra high round picks we have are as imporant as I can remember in Bengals draft history, I really believe if we can do well with them we have a real shot at putting together a team that will win year in and year out and be in the playoffs multiple years in a row and have a good shot at a superbowl.

Lets hope for the best.
[/quote]

[quote name='Jamie_B' timestamp='1335454347' post='1121965']
As for what I'm would have calling the doctor after 4 hours...

Kirkpatrick at 17
DeCastro at 21
and a packing of our 3 5ths to move up in the 2nd to take Martin

Of course that's likely a dream, but hey...
[/quote]

you're talking about a CB at #17 who many are projecting will have to make the move to safety, due to his lack of footspeed. if/when/should that happen, you have no idea how good of a safety he'll be. THAT my friend, is what you call a major question mark and concern. if it's important to hit on your top picks, the best way to accomplish that is by not taking question marks.

[quote name='B.A.B.' timestamp='1335455174' post='1121974']
Jackson had a rough year, but don't be rash. Floyd hasn't even proven himself in the league. Desean is one of the top WRs in the league, I think. Can't teach that kind of speed and agility.

Anyways, I agree with ya Old. (pretty sure old is the OP) those selections in the first round would leave me ecstatic
[/quote]

I'm not saying jackson sucks, but I don't think he's ever going to be considered an elite WR. He got paid a handsome contract recently, but frankly I think he got overpaid (plus part of it was his special teams contributions).

A better way to say it, I don't think desean is ever going to be in the class of green, megatron, fitz, andre johnson, julio jones, roddy white, vincent jackson, or even an anquan boldin.

[quote name='Tigris' timestamp='1335461768' post='1122046']
Am I the only one that is scared of Kirkpatrick? He seems like a Cover 2 guy to me. Yeah, he'll hit and has long arms and can jump... but he played a lot of 2 at Alabama. I don't know if I like him.
[/quote]

he also played a lot of man at alabama.

I couldn't tell you what coverage they run in pittsburgh, but he reminds me of Ike Taylor.

As long as I don't hear Lamar miller's name @ 17 or 21, I'll pretty much be OK (if not ecstatic) with who the pick.

I just realized that they're starting at 8 (not six). Is it 15 mins. between selections still? That would probably put 17 & 21 somewhere between midnight & 1 AM?

9-8 Picks 1-4
9-10 Picks 5-8
10-11 Picks 9-12
11-12 Picks 13-16
12-1 Picks 17-20
1-2 Picks 21-24
2-3 Picks 25-28
3-4 Picks 29-32

Please tell me they changed it to 10 mins. between picks.

[quote name='snarkster' timestamp='1335462721' post='1122065']
As long as I don't hear Lamar miller's name @ 17 or 21, I'll pretty much be OK (if not ecstatic) with who the pick.

I just realized that they're starting at 8 (not six). Is it 15 mins. between selections still? That would probably put 17 & 21 somewhere between midnight & 1 AM?
[/quote]
10 minutes in 1st round, 7 in 2nd, 5 in 3rd-7th I believe

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1335453571' post='1121957']

not even comparable. Heck, AJ Green is making more this year than Maclin is and maclin's on his 2nd contract.

Jackson and Maclin also aren't anywhere near Green and Floyd's level as receivers.[/quote]

I think you're sainting Floyd way too early. He hasn't played a down yet, for Pete's sake. He's got a ways to go before he's as productive as either Maclin or Jackson.

I think he can be a good NFL WR but I don't see him as a game changer. Just MO.

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1335462077' post='1122052']

he also played a lot of man at alabama.

I couldn't tell you what coverage they run in pittsburgh, but he reminds me of Ike Taylor.[/quote]

He's what they call "scheme diverse" - he's played more man than Gilmore has, where they play more off-man at S Carolina.

[quote name='oldschooler' timestamp='1335463399' post='1122075']
[url="https://twitter.com/#!/ProFootballTalk"][b]ProFootballTalk[/b]‏[s]@[/s][b]ProFootballTalk[/b][/url]

Patriots talk to Seahawks about trading up to 12 [url="http://t.co/UIF0pLbj"]http://wp.me/p14QSB-2BJ7[/url]
[/quote]
Allegedly to get Chandler Jones

[quote name='texbengal' timestamp='1335463464' post='1122077']
I think you're sainting Floyd way too early. He hasn't played a down yet, for Pete's sake. He's got a ways to go before he's as productive as either Maclin or Jackson.

[/quote]

to each their own. I think Floyd is much closer to Vincent Jackson than Jeremy Maclin.

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1335464575' post='1122097']

to each their own. I think Floyd is much closer to Vincent Jackson than Jeremy Maclin.
[/quote]

I think Floyd could definitely do some damage if the other team is spending too much time worrying about AJ (not to mention Gresham, or Shipley/Hawkins in the slot).

[quote name='texbengal' timestamp='1335463464' post='1122077']

[/quote]

i think having green on the other side would go a long way to making anyone opposite him look pretty good, especially when you consider our other weapons. but floyd is the one receiver i'd go all out for.

[quote name='akiliMVP' timestamp='1335463670' post='1122081']
Allegedly to get Chandler Jones
[/quote]

thanks, you answered my next question.

[quote name='BlackJesus' timestamp='1335464759' post='1122101']
[img]http://www.ronmartin.net/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/clock-on-face.jpg[/img]
[center][size=6][b]... Time is going in slow motion to fuck with us[/b][/size][/center]
[/quote]
The draft will get here sooner for me, love this whole time zones thing, I have to wait three less hours for football

Archived