This website

I know it is the wrong forum, but waiting for each page to download on this website the last several days is driving me crazy. Anyone else having issues? I go to countless websites everyday and they instantly popup. Here it is 30 seconds to a minute at minimum. Actually stopped even trying to read or reply today. And yes I have cleared cookies and the cache. And everything else. And yes I update with all the downloads and I am current. But like I said only place on the internet I have issues.

Anyone have the same problems? or advice? Oh and I use Firefox.

I was having bigtime trouble with it on my ipad today.

Also had trouble with my PC, but my PC has been jacked up for the last few days so I can't really tell for sure that way. But defintely with the ipad. It was exceptionally bad around 5:30pm today. Was taking close to 5 minutes and multiple refreshes to get a thread to open. It was loading the forum page easier though.

I just finished installing a preview version of Windows 8 and the page is running super fast at the moment.

[quote name='Phatcat' timestamp='1348629301' post='1163233']
I know it is the wrong forum, but waiting for each page to download on this website the last several days is driving me crazy. Anyone else having issues? I go to countless websites everyday and they instantly popup. Here it is 30 seconds to a minute at minimum. Actually stopped even trying to read or reply today. And yes I have cleared cookies and the cache. And everything else. And yes I update with all the downloads and I am current. But like I said only place on the internet I have issues.

Anyone have the same problems? or advice? Oh and I use Firefox.
[/quote]

Me, too.
I use an iMac with Safari.

Pretty sure it's the banner ads, they appear to be semi-random and some load better than others. I've got Chrome config'd to only load most extensions if I click on them. Helps some, but I'm still hanging while it waits for the ad server to respond.

While we're on the topic, I'm guessing most of you already know this, but for the love of god do NOT click on anything offering to "Scan/Clean" your PC or otherwise make it run faster. That goes double for anything claiming your system is infected.

If you want a malware/adware detection tool I would highly recommend Spybot S&D:

[url="http://www.safer-networking.org/dl/"]http://www.safer-networking.org/dl/[/url]

I [b]really[/b] wish folks would stop hot-linking stuff, and just save the image and host it at Photobucket or someplace similar...

[quote name='GoBengals' timestamp='1348632364' post='1163263']
i removed all of the gifs... should be all good
[/quote]

I had to remove the GIFS from the Good Bad and Ugly thread from that site as well...

Archived