2013 Draft and Free Agency

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1354050260' post='1185733']
which games?
[/quote]

Not sure....I was trying to think of the teams they were playing the times I saw him and I couldn't even remember that. Anytime no good game is on, one that interests me, I tune in to the SEC games and "scout". That's what I was doing and he showed up everywhere. Made plays, good tackler from what I saw. I remember thinking "Ogletree can play".

[quote name='IKOTA' timestamp='1354050271' post='1185734']
That video makes him look awful. Very soft. No aggressiveness or no suddenness to him. No attempts to even shed blockers. He concedes. I think this is a lowlight video of him someone made.
[/quote]
Agree. This guy looks like he's afraid of contact and too often lets the play come to him rather than going out and seeking the play. I think I prefer CJ Mosley at this point.

[quote name='EnglishBengal' timestamp='1354051530' post='1185754']
Agree. [b]This guy looks like he's afraid of contact and too often lets the play come to him rather than going out and seeking the pla[/b]y. I think I prefer CJ Mosley at this point.
[/quote]

glad I'm not seeing something no one else is. Fail to see why places list him as a first round prospect.

[b]I can't remember who all is a Free Agent next year and who isn't but the one's that I know of or at least[/b]
[b]think I know of that we need to keep are as follows:[/b]

[b]OT Andre Smith. Why we didn't exercise his option when we had the chance too is beyond me but it is[/b]
[b]what it is. If we can't resign him put the franchise tag on him!![/b]

[b]DE Michael Johnson. The guy is good for 8 sacks in the rotation and I'd like to keep him but if we lost him[/b]
[b]due to him commanding a giant contract we have Devon Still waiting in the wings that could slide out to[/b]
[b]DE if necessary. Still (no pun intended) I'd like to see the Bengals keep him!![/b]

[b]DE Robert Geathers. He got his big contract after a double digit sack season and hasn't been much of a pass[/b]
[b]rush threat since although he's decent against the run. If he's willing to come back cheap, then fine. If not[/b]
[b]see ya!![/b]

[b]PK Mike Nugent. We should be able to resign this guy relatively inexpensive. Or at least I would hope!! I'd hate[/b]
[b]to rely on a rookie just not for Field Goal's but for special teams as well!! Afterall he did hit a 55 yarder the other[/b]
[b]night if I remember right![/b]

[b]QB Bruce Gradkowski. Is he a Free Agent in 2013? If so, we should be able to retain him at a reasonable price. [/b][b]After all he knows the system inside and out.[/b]

[b]LB Thomas Howard. We should bring him back if for anything to take over the Weakside Linebacker spot again in [/b][b]case we decide to move Burfict to the MLB position!! [/b]

[b]CB Adam Jones. Again I can't remember for sure if he'll be a Free Agent but if he is I'd like for him to come back. [/b][b]He's a serviceable #3 CB and can do damage as a Punt Returner if Marvin would let him do it for crying out loud!!! Why he isnt back there more often instead of Tate still boggle's my mind!! [/b]

[b]As far as the draft goes We'll most likely be picking around the 20-25 range unless there is actually a GOD!![/b]
[b]With that being said and not moved to another forum, I think our needs with our first 3 picks would be and in [/b][b]not any particular order: Strong Safety, LB and or RB/OL. [/b]

[b]In a perfect world we'd be able to resign Andre Smith, so that would open up the draft so that we'd be able to address [/b][b]Strong Safety, Linebacker and RB. I'd even be open to rolling with Cedric Peerman as our change of pace back and trading one of our 2nd round picks and our 3rd round pick to get back up into the late first round and taking either a [/b][b]SS or LB depending on who we took with our original first round pick and getting another RB later in the draft ie: 4th round or later.[/b]

[quote name='scharm' timestamp='1354050804' post='1185746']

I love Ogletree. Bad ass.

I won't kid anyone and pretend to watch all Georgia film. I've tuned in a couple times mostly to take a look a Moss(??) and it's Ogletree you end up noticing in a good way. Small sample.
[/quote]

Ogletree is a very good player - very fast but IMO he's not in Jarvis Jones' class. Jones is a playmaking machine, and he makes big plays in big games. Ogletree does make a ton of tackles, to his credit.

Only issue I see with Jones is he had some back issues - he started at USC and was told he might never play again and he had to transfer because the SC team didn't clear him to play. Ogletree is a bit of a knucklehead, too... He and Rambo were suspended for team violations re: pot use.

[quote name='texbengal' timestamp='1354061554' post='1185810']
Ogletree is a very good player - very fast but IMO he's not in Jarvis Jones' class. Jones is a playmaking machine, and he makes big plays in big games. Ogletree does make a ton of tackles, to his credit.

Only issue I see with Jones is he had some back issues - he started at USC and was told he might never play again and he had to transfer because the SC team didn't clear him to play. Ogletree is a bit of a knucklehead, too... [b]He and Rambo were suspended for team violations re: pot use.[/b]
[/quote]
Ok so under the new Marvin Lewis regime, Ogletree has just struck out potting!

Here is my favorite LB from the upcoming draft, Khaseem Greene from Rutgers. He is a converted Safety, so he is great in pass coverage, but he is also really physical and a great pass rusher. He was Big East Defensive POY last season. He's projected as a late 2nd rounder to mid 3rd rounder. He's #20 with the dreads

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=k2n2iXjoUms

OLB, RB, CB, OT in that order.

OLB because we're thin as heck even with Howard back. RB because we're thin as heck, Scott is coming off injury, and Leonard doesn't bring much as a runner that you couldn't find almost anywhere in the draft. With Peerman stepping up, Leonard will be phased out next year. CB because while you have Pacman and Newman, they're older players now and like almost everywhere, young blood gets infused like we did with Kirkpatrick this year. OT because you can never have enough OTs. We need someone to groom in case Whit takes a plunge and/or Collins jets out of here.

Which takes me to something else. Does anyone think Anthony Collins likes to be a back up? When he could have made a play at guard, he was reluctant to do so. At tackle, he really had no shot at all. Whitworth and Roland/Smith started in front of him. It just makes me think the guy doesn't care if he plays or not. I know that's not a lot to base much off of, but that's theories feeling I get with him.

[quote name='happyrid' timestamp='1354075730' post='1185867']
Here is my favorite LB from the upcoming draft, Khaseem Greene from Rutgers. He is a converted Safety, so he is great in pass coverage, but he is also really physical and a great pass rusher. He was Big East Defensive POY last season. He's projected as a late 2nd rounder to mid 3rd rounder. He's #20 with the dreads

[url="http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=k2n2iXjoUms"]http://m.youtube.com...h?v=k2n2iXjoUms[/url]
[/quote]

love Greene. I'm tempted to forgo a first round LB and take him at the top of the 2nd instead, or just do both. He'd be a little undersized for a SLB (assuming howard is back at wlb), but in today's NFL that may not be a big thing.

I'll get skewered but I'd probably take Barr over Mingo. He's got that incredible ability to lean basically sideways (the thing Mayock pointed out with Von Miller), he's got a great swim, spin, and double move, and he's just flat athletic. Again, I know I'll get laughed at, but bottom of the 1st wouldn't be too much of a stretch for me, and our OAK pick at the top of the second might be perfect.

Let's see what happens this weekend, when he gets assigned Zach Ertz from Stanford. If he can cover at all, he's got a lot of positional options (Joker). Hard to imagine it wasn't long ago that he was a RB...

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1354106800' post='1185901']

love Greene. I'm tempted to forgo a first round LB and take him at the top of the 2nd instead, or just do both. He'd be a little undersized for a SLB (assuming howard is back at wlb), but in today's NFL that may not be a big thing.
[/quote]

I love me some Greene as well. He's been tearing up the big east (which may not be saying much) all season. I believe they play again tomorrow night against Loiusville on ESPN, essentially for the conference title so it might be a good game to "scout" him for those who haven't seen him yet.

[quote name='alleycat' timestamp='1354149313' post='1186101']
I'll get skewered but I'd probably take Barr over Mingo. He's got that incredible ability to lean basically sideways (the thing Mayock pointed out with Von Miller), he's got a great swim, spin, and double move, and he's just flat athletic. Again, I know I'll get laughed at, but bottom of the 1st wouldn't be too much of a stretch for me, and our OAK pick at the top of the second might be perfect.

Let's see what happens this weekend, when he gets assigned Zach Ertz from Stanford. If he can cover at all, he's got a lot of positional options (Joker). Hard to imagine it wasn't long ago that he was a RB...
[/quote]

I like Barr quite a bit. He's fast and really hits hard. He put the hit on Barkley a few weeks ago and saw him block a punt last week.

I think Mingo is likely a 3-4 guy, whereas Barr is more your outside LB in a 4-3. As far as ability and physical traits I would take Mingo. Unless he screws up and has a shitty offseason, I think he's a top 5 pick. But I do like Barr.

[quote name='happyrid' timestamp='1354075730' post='1185867']

[url="http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=k2n2iXjoUms"]http://m.youtube.com...h?v=k2n2iXjoUms[/url]
[/quote]
He's good but he doesn't shed blocks as well as he should for a linebacker with his skill set. As of now, I am on the Mosley/Barr bandwagon.

[quote name='happyrid' timestamp='1354175102' post='1186156']
[b]I haven't seen Barr yet. I'll try to watch him this weekend.[/b]

Mingo's had a pretty mediocre year. Hard to get drafted in the top 5 on physical ability alone, need to have production like Von Miller did.
[/quote]

ditto, this is honestly the first I've ever even heard of him, though I'm not really in draft mode yet.

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1354205552' post='1186219']
lets just get this out of the way, Tyrann Mathieu has announced he's entering the draft.
[/quote]

[img]http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/140/306/honey-badger.gif?1309046305[/img]

Archived