My neighbor's pitbull killed my dog and I'm pissed!!!

oldschooler

Let me start off by saying I was pretty indifferent about Pitbulls until Tuesday night. 

And this might turn into a pretty long winded rant. So please bear with me. 

I had a 4 year old Beagle named Maggie. She was the most timid and good-natured dog you will ever find. 

I live in a town that has about 200 people in it. And we live right off of Main Street. My neighbor owns 2 pitbulls. One is the Mother

of the other. The "pup" is about a year old. I have known the dog since the day it was born. And for some reason, the bigger it

got, the more I worried about it. And my neighbor would just let them out unleashed sometimes. I thought, what a dumbass. 

And even told him they should keep them leashed. 

Anyway, Tuesday night about 6:30 I let Maggie out. She hardly ever left my yard and if she did it was to go see what the

Butcher acrossed the street had thrown out for the day. My woman and her son left about 6:40 to go to his girlfriend's

basketball game, and I found out later Maggie was on the porch when they left. They said my neighbors pitbulls were 

near our yard when they left, they told them to get out of here, beeped the horn and left. About 6:45 I went to the door

to call Maggie. I didn't see her. I yelled for her anyway with no response. I sat down on the couch and at about 6:50 I heard

one of the pits barking and growling like crazy. I thought "damn, I fell sorry for that rabbit or squirrel." Then I heard my 

dog yelping and shit. I was like oh shit and threw my boots and coat on real quick. There is a house between my house

and the neighbor's house with the pits. I ran towards the sounds of the dogs, I came around the corner and the youngest pit

was mauling the fuck out of my dog. I yelled at it to GET THE FUCK OUT OF HERE and it stopped and started to come

towards me. I bowed up, slapped my hands together as hard as I could stomped my foot towards it and again yelled 

GET THE FUCK OUT OF HERE!!! The dog ran. It was very dark where my dog was laying and I couldn't see the carnage

very good. My dog was just laying there. So I ran back to my house and called my neighbor and told him I think your

dog just killed my dog and grabbed a blanket. I went back to my dog and wrapped the blanket around her. She was still

alive but in shock. I walked her over to my front porch and laid her down. Her tongue dropped out of her mouth. I could

hear her breathing. Just then my neighbor came up and I pulled the blanket back so I could get a better look. I wish I hadn't.

My dogs neck was covered in blood, her back leg was broke and her guts were hanging out of her! I couldn't believe it.

My neighbor said he would take her to the Vet for me. He called me about 30 minutes later and said "they are going to 

have to put her out of her misery." I talked to him later when he got back and I told him his dog needs to go. He agreed. 

He told me it would be gone by tomorrow. So yesterday, my kids were crying because they thought their dog ran away.

I wasn't about to tell them any different. I mean, that is what their day consisted of when they got home from school

was finding out their dog was gone and being upset about it. 

Then I get a call from my neighbor last night. He says, we haven't had the dog put down yet. Vets want X amount of 

dollars and I just don't have it. So I went to their house and told them I can not have such a vicious animal around. 

I told them I don't want to be a dick and involve the Cops, but if that dog is not gone by today I will. 

I mean it's not like my dog was on their property or that it picked a fight with their dog. Or hell, was even able to defend it's self. 

When I walked up on them, my dog was just laying their and that pit was just annihilating it. I still can't get over what I saw.

And these motherfuckers have the audacity to take my kindness for weakness. I found out I could even sue their Home owner's

insurance. But again, I am not trying to be a dick, I just want that piece of shit dog dead. Am I wrong? Should I involve the cops?

Should I sue the fuck out of them? I tell you what though. If that dog isn't dead by the time the Sun goes down today, they won't

like the motherfucker they made me be.

I just posted this Video on YouTube a week ago today of Maggie. Still can't believe she's gone. 

http://youtu.be/QzMOyDryu-E

Her name is Maggie. She is a Beagle. And she snores like this all the time. We had to move her bed out into the hallway. Can't watch TV when she is asleep because you can't hear it. When she's not asleep, she's a good dog. But she sleeps a lot. We love her despite how annoying her snore is.

Rest In Peace old Girl ... :(

When I was 9, I was walking my dog - 3 pitbulls from a lot had gotten out when one of the workers forgot to close the gate. So they charge and attack my dog - 2 adults and a puppy. All I remember was trying to pull them off and hearing my dog yelping and screaming. I knew I had been bitten, but I couldn't feel any pain, I went home screaming for help.

I still don't know what happened there, but my dad ran down there with my brother while my mom took me to the ER. All I know is he died before my dad got him to the vet. Got my left index finger chewed so bad it still goes numb sometimes. I had holes in some of my fingernails where they bit my hands.

The only good pitbull is a dead one, in my opinion. You were far too nice to that prick, and I think the vet should get a beating for allowing your dog to stay in that condition.

As you can see, I am very affected by your story. I'm so very sorry, bro.

Killing the other dog isn't going to bring your dog back. If you feel it is harmful for your kids or any other animal you may have, then I understand your stance. If you're going to get another pet, I understand that too. I know you're pissed, upset, and sad but killing that dog won't do anything but tame your vengeance. Who are we if we just try to get back at each other all the time?

Is there a pound to drop it off to? Can you (and I know you shouldn't have to) pay for putting it down?

I can't even let my dog outside by herself. She's a little wiener dog and while she's mean as heck, there's no way she could defend herself against a Pit.

I'm sorry dude. I don't like hearing about stuff like this. It's horrible.

Killing the other dog isn't going to bring your dog back. If you feel it is harmful for your kids or any other animal you may have, then I understand your stance. If you're going to get another pet, I understand that too. I know you're pissed, upset, and sad but killing that dog won't do anything but tame your vengeance. Who are we if we just try to get back at each other all the time?

Is there a pound to drop it off to? Can you (and I know you shouldn't have to) pay for putting it down?

I can't even let my dog outside by herself. She's a little wiener dog and while she's mean as heck, there's no way she could defend herself against a Pit.

I'm sorry dude. I don't like hearing about stuff like this. It's horrible.

Well after seeing it attack my dog unprovoked, knowing it wasn't in it's own territory and seeing it gut my dog knowing it wasn't 

fighting back, hell yes I am concerned for my kids, and every other person and/or dog in this town! 

I mean that pit didn't just kick my dog's ass. It fucking annihilated it!! And God knows how much more damage it would have

done had I not went out there when I did. My dog died a horrible, horrible death. It isn't about payback. It's about getting

a vicious dog off the streets. 

And I have to get my kids another dog. One of my twins cried several times last night because he thought his dog ran away.

The only thing that made him stop crying and being upset was looking at pics from the local animal shelter for a new dog. 

And yes it is horrible. I was so upset Tuesday night I couldn't sleep. And I can't stop thinking about it. 

This is truly awful and I am very sorry for you, your family and Maggie.  :( 

Killing that dog isn't going to bring yours back... SO WHAT!!!!   That dog has to be gone..

I wouldn't have been as nice as you when they didn't do it the day after. I couldn't kill it, but the police would have been called immediately..

Again.. sorry for your loss Old. Losing a long time pet is a terrible thing...

That really sucks.  All I can say is blame the owners, not the breed.  I know a number of people with pits and they are all great dogs that would never do something like this.. And even if they would, they'd never have the opportunity, because those people are responsible dog owners.

I'm so sorry to hear about this Old.  You have my sympathies and condolences,  I can't imagine something like this happening to one of my dogs.

You are absolutely right about the pit needing to go.  No excuses.  It's a matter of safety.  Has nothing to do with vengeance.

RIP Maggie.

That really sucks.  All I can say is blame the owners, not the breed.  I know a number of people with pits and they are all great dogs that would never do something like this.. And even if they would, they'd never have the opportunity, because those people are responsible dog owners.

I agree with this. Some old friends had two pit bulls. One was a complete monster; I'd rather fight a mountain lion. When you were over there you'd have to protect your face because they were gonna' try to give you some big, sloppy kisses.

A pit bull is kind of like having a lion as a pet. Even if it's tamed, what it "could" do would be devastating. Anything deemed to have aggressive tendencies, like a breed, perhaps a Pit, should always be leashed AND fenced in. When I lived in town, my whole neighborhood was swamped with Pits; all of them aggressive when I'd walk by. What about a St. Bernard? They're big... I know you don't necessarily read about them being aggressive, but I'm sure they could do some serious damage if they wanted to.

It just sucks. There's a lot of research and laws that have to be done, made, put into affect to keep things like this from happening. But in the end, it's not the animal, they're all meant to be wild, but like you said, it's the owners. He could sue the hell out of them but it's going to be a long, shitty deal. His dog and their dog weren't in their own yards, leashed, fenced. Even if OS wins, what's he going to get? The Pit owners can't afford to put the dog down. No amount of money is going to bring the dog back. The only thing you can do is try to teach them a lesson. Considering they agreed to put the dog down, they're probably scared as fuck about what could happen. I'm not a lawyer, I really don't know what can/could be done. I just feel bad for OS and his dog.

This makes me feel sick to my stomach, and very angry.  I am very sorry for your loss, Old.

1.  Report the dog to the police as dangerous to the community

2.  Sue those irresponsible cunts.  And fuckall that they're your neighbors, they're shitty neighbors and maybe you can make it so uncomfortable for them that they'll move.

And damn, Old, is your house located atop an ancient Indian burial ground?  I swear you just can't catch a fucking break... :mellow:

The dog wasn't on a leash, and therefore you got a right to sue, end of story.

Unfortunately, neither was Maggie. 

Old, I am very sorry for your loss.  It breaks my heart when one of my dogs has a bad paw, so I can't imagine what you are going through.

We have a fenced in back yard.  When outside both our dogs are either in the back yard or on a leash.  I would not have it any other way.

I would report the incident to animal control, mourn for Maggie, then get a new dog and either a fence or be with it leashed outside.

I hate to hear it man.  I remember the pain I felt when we had to let go of our dog, but in a much, much, easier circumstance.  If I remember correctly, you have some little guys too.  Get that dog out of there ASAP before something even more tragic could happen.

Unfortunately, neither was Maggie. 

Old, I am very sorry for your loss.  It breaks my heart when one of my dogs has a bad paw, so I can't imagine what you are going through.

We have a fenced in back yard.  When outside both our dogs are either in the back yard or on a leash.  I would not have it any other way.

I would report the incident to animal control, mourn for Maggie, then get a new dog and either a fence or be with it leashed outside.

Same here.

And if he is in a neighborhood with loose dogs, I don't think the leash will protect it. It may protect him if a legal battle ensues, but just for plain safety, you're going to have to fence up.

Sorry to hear OS, it's infuriating when unnecessary shit like this happens..... if someone was just a little bit more responsible.  

And I think that's what pisses people off the most - or at least me anyway. Even an accident, you know, it happens; move on. But when something unnecessary, like a giant ass dog running around without a leash or fence, that's just stupid. Why take the chance? It's so ridiculous.

Archived