Training Camp Thread

I am huge Dalton supporter....but it seems we've been hearing a lot of "he didn't have a great day throwing the ball today but he's got a great handle on the offense and team" type comments. Knowing the offense and having your teammates liking you only goes so far. Still plenty of time in camp and preseason though, hopefully he'll sharpen up.

I am huge Dalton supporter....but it seems we've been hearing a lot of "he didn't have a great day throwing the ball today but he's got a great handle on the offense and team" type comments. Knowing the offense and having your teammates liking you only goes so far. Still plenty of time in camp and preseason though, hopefully he'll sharpen up.

I seriously doubt he's the only QB that's been up & down over their first week in training camp - only one of the most scrutinized.  Unfortunately for him, his predecessor did a better job of looking the part despite being less successful & possessing all the heart of a nematode.

I only really recall one day of "the passing game struggling overall" and that was the day 3 starting OL were out and it sounded like the DL dominated them and forced rushed throws.  And maybe another day where they looked good in 7 on 7 but not as good in 11 on 11.

I wouldn't worry too much about it.  They've been doing a lot of install, and without 4 of the 11 starters for the most part. There's been far more positive than negative comments about the passing game at this point.

Sort of like how you can't take much out of the running game right now without it being live contact.

I only really recall one day of "the passing game struggling overall" and that was the day 3 starting OL were out and it sounded like the DL dominated them and forced rushed throws.  And maybe another day where they looked good in 7 on 7 but not as good in 11 on 11.

I wouldn't worry too much about it.  They've been doing a lot of install, and without 4 of the 11 starters for the most part. There's been far more positive than negative comments about the passing game at this point.

Sort of like how you can't take much out of the running game right now without it being live contact.

On the other hand the install was mostly review per someone... maybe Dalton himself.

... despite being less successful & possessing all the heart of a nematode.

Besides being the funniest description of he who shall not be named, it is true IMHO.  I never seemed to doubt his physical or athletic abilities but his heart just never seemed (in later portion of his term here) to be functioning.  Thank you for the laugh this morning.

If Dalton doesn't get it done in the first preseason game,  they should pull the plug.

You should probably just learn to accept the fact that no matter how much he improves, he will never match CP in throwing those graceful, perfect-spiral, cannon shot 50-plus yard bombs downfield precisely on the numbers of a wide-open Ed Reed.

The name is now changed! 3 years too late

Welcome and great first post! Haha... Good to see you quit on your previous name.  Was someone throwing trash in your lawn?

I seriously doubt he's the only QB that's been up & down over their first week in training camp - only one of the most scrutinized.  Unfortunately for him, his predecessor did a better job of looking the part despite being less successful & possessing all the heart of a nematode.

Had  no clue so had to look it up...

nem·a·tode

/ˈnɛməˌtoʊd/  Show Spelled [nem-uh-tohd] 

noun
1. any unsegmented worm of the phylum Nematoda, having an elongated, cylindrical body; a roundworm.

Welcome and great first post! Haha... Good to see you quit on your previous name.  Was someone throwing trash in your lawn?

Had  no clue so had to look it up...

nem·a·tode

/ˈnɛməˌtoʊd/  Show Spelled [nem-uh-tohd] 

noun
1. any unsegmented worm of the phylum Nematoda, having an elongated, cylindrical body; a roundworm.

Still funny.  No circulatory system but still manages to shit the bed because he has a digestive tract.

Aren't we overstocked with WRs already?

he makes 11.  Sounds like with AJ already out, they don't want to overwork the likes of Sanu, Jones and Hawkins in preseason games.  Also, don't know anything about this dude, but most of their fringe guys seem to be slot players rather than outside guys.

With 3 roster spots open he is probably just a guy to look at for the practice squad. 

he makes 11.  Sounds like with AJ already out, they don't want to overwork the likes of Sanu, Jones and Hawkins in preseason games.  Also, don't know anything about this dude, but most of their fringe guys seem to be slot players rather than outside guys.

With 3 roster spots open he is probably just a guy to look at for the practice squad. 

Just what I call hamstring insurance for our most likely starters and squad of 53.  Gives the QBs somebody to throw long balls to.

Just what I call hamstring insurance for our most likely starters and squad of 53.  Gives the QBs somebody to throw long balls to.

lol yea I think they just want an extra outside guy maybe.  Whalen and Sanzenbacher are preferably outside guys, Rogers is more kick returner than WR, and Roundtree is probably best built to be an inside guy too.  

Unless you want Sanu and Jones playing late into games (and I think they've reached "don't have to play with the 3rd string QB" status), that really only leaves Tate, Goard and Hamilton as outside guys on the bench (two of which are coming off injuries). 

I would have expected another DT with Black on IR and Thompson out hurt.

still 2 spots open, 3 again with Black going on IR.

If Dalton doesn't get it done in the first preseason game,  they should pull the plug.

I'll do you one better. If he isn't 80% or higher in the Falcons practices, I'll personally Fedex Lippincott a first class ticket to ATL to wake his ass up at 4:30a.

I would have expected another DT with Black on IR and Thompson out hurt.

Interesting sidelight re DT depth, Nick Hayden is at the Cowboys camp and reportedly is playing well. I didn't think he was half bad here.

Now that Black is gone for the year, wouldn't be surprised if they found another guy. Maybe Big Shirley is available?

Archived