Bengals start their releases

It would seem the new scheme values the versatility Charles brings over the physicality of Conner.

And/or the think Charles has improved enough as a blocker it's not a big deal.

I think it's a big deal. But last time I checked no one has asked me to coach a team. I just strongly doubt they'll use Charles much at all. Too many weapons and only 1 ball. If they swing a dude out of the backfield it's likely Gio. JC was wicked with his blocking this pre season. But like I said earlier Marv and Gruden I trust Hue too

Is it possible that John could be coming back once Hawkins is likely placed on IRR?

Not that I really think it matters all that much.  Pressley could be back week 6 if the experiment goes awry.  You need more of a power running game in November when that weathers gets nasty in Cincy.

I wonder if this means Bruce Taylor makes the team as the 6th LB.

We only have six LBs now, including Taylor. If you don't think he makes the team, then there are obviously other moves in the works, because no way we only carry five LBs.

I still think Moch makes the team though. Said that months ago and I stick by it even though I may be a longshot ;)

Taylor is an ILB.  They have plenty of those.

Is it possible that John could be coming back once Hawkins is likely placed on IRR?

Not that I really think it matters all that much.  Pressley could be back week 6 if the experiment goes awry.  You need more of a power running game in November when that weathers gets nasty in Cincy.

I think its certainly possible.

1. Reports have #Bengals waiving Hamilton. So Sanzenbacher and Whalen must both make it

2. If #Bengals pick up QB, he'll be on the practice sqaud. They're in the hunt for a young one.

Expand
  3. Now that they've got Charles playing two spots, you think back to the Sam Wyche no huddle days with Bernard and Eifert also moving around

Expand
  4. Got a hunch that Sp. teams coach Darrin Simmons keeps his three leaders: Peerman, Rey, Miles. #Bengals

IMO Jc is better than Press

IMO Jc is better than Press

Possibliy.  But Pressley isn't occupying a valuable roster spot at this point.  Its entirely possibly JC doesn't get claimed.  The NFL is moving away from fullbacks and starting to look for guys like Charles who can be a swiss army knife.  Versatility is key.  If Charles isn't cutting it, you can plug a fresh Chris Pressley.

The two tight end set is going to take the fullback off the field.  A fullback kind of tips your hand as to what you are going to do.  Two tight ends keeps the other team guessing.

Possibliy.  But Pressley isn't occupying a valuable roster spot at this point.  Its entirely possibly JC doesn't get claimed.  The NFL is moving away from fullbacks and starting to look for guys like Charles who can be a swiss army knife.  Versatility is key.  If Charles isn't cutting it, you can plug a fresh Chris Pressley.

The two tight end set is going to take the fullback off the field.  A fullback kind of tips your hand as to what you are going to do.  Two tight ends keeps the other team guessing.

True. Good points

Were we not saying the same thing with Daniel Coates?

Yep

3rd & 1 vs Ravens or Steelers in December 20 degrees and wind blowing. Who do u want, fullback or Charles ?

because that's my only options?

By December Pressley will be back on the team.  Peko is also shown he can play FB in short yardage.  The team has also shown a willingness to run out of 3 TE sets.

Let's not act like this is some travesty.  Nearly half the teams in the league don't even carry FB's anymore.

I'm kind of sad about this one about Conner. 

Well, it's not like the Bengals won't have a true fullback available at some point. If the hybrid-like role for Charles isn't working, they can just keep Pressley when his knee gets right. Pressley was the Bengals top FB option when healthy anyway.

People need to hold off from freaking out until about Monday. There is still several roster moves to be made. People need to wait and see what they do and how the roster looks come Monday before freaking out.

yea I'm still convinced there's a LB coming who's not on the team yet.

Truly though I am shocked that Hamilton is cut. I'll live with the Conner but Hamilton...damn.

Really. I can't fathom why you are shocked by some of the things you are shocked by. It was pretty predictable. We're talking about a late draft pick who had a 50/50 shot at best.

Questioning cutting a decent player isn't freaking out or acting like its a travesty.
It was pretty clear watching camp and pre season how it was gonna shake out. I just thought Jc proved himself on the field and would help the team.

Correct..no freaking out.

And instead of December against the Rats on that 3rd and 1...how about week 2 against those guys? No Pressley there then...if indeed he even comes back this year at all.

I really hope I won't see the weeping and gnashing of teeth if Orson Coates can't block.

Archived