Bengals start their releases

Surprised that B. Scott wasn't PUP'd to keep Weaver around a bit longer.  I thought he looked OK and might be a PS candidate for the next round of cuts (he was the 3rd sting OT against Dallas, right?)...  Scott must be close to healthy but I find it hard to believe he has a shot to make the squad as he doesn't provide anything on ST that Rex or Herron do.

No surprise on Robinson, Pressley, Joiner or Porter (to anyone other than HaydenM) though.

I imagine they are either 1) making sure they don't need Scott or 2) waiting until he's healthy enough to cut.

Wow.  I really liked that Weaver guy. Granted, he was only going against scrubs like him self, but it was notable how often he simply stoned his guy.  Maybe he's not "intellectual" enough for Paul Alexander, who seems to value that feature over physical ability.  

Wow.  I really liked that Weaver guy. Granted, he was only going against scrubs like him self, but it was notable how often he simply stoned his guy.  Maybe he's not "intellectual" enough for Paul Alexander, who seems to value that feature over physical ability.  

I imagine its just more that they like Fragel and TJ Johnson more and can't fit 3 OL on the practice squad.

SO who was the final cut to get to 75?

#Bengals six moves: Otis Hudson, Jason Weaver waived, Zac Robinson & Chris Pressley PUP list, Sean Porter IR, Brandon Joyner waived injured.

If Joiner is not claimed by another team, #Bengals will add him to regular IR.

Otis Hudson and Jason Weaver were the final two cut today.

I'd label a guy who makes all his kicks until about week 15 and then starts shanking them as "unreliable."  I think we made the wrong decision between him and Brown, but I hope I'm wrong.

I was mostly speaking of injuries, but yes I'm not confident in him when it matters either. Kicker should be a spot that's automatic. Brown was automatic and Nugent has a history of injuries. I just don't see any reason based on performance where Nugent beat out Brown. 

He's only finished inside the top 20 of field goal % once in his 3 years here. His career is not as good as you think. 

Buckeye homer aside, he is average if he's healthy or not. I wanted to keep Josh Brown.  The Bengals are too often loyal to a fault. Keeping Nugent, and Maualuga and with Kyle Cook. Not that he should be cut, but he shouldn't have gotten his starting job back from Robinson last season.

I'm probably wrong but did anyone think that injury looked a little off? No way it was staged, right?

I'm not in the conspiracy camp but I do believe they were very quick to report a torn ACL.  To my knowledge they pretty much called it when it happened.  My understanding is that usually a doctor waits until a MRI is performed because other injuries look like a torn ACL until this test is done.

Does any of this mean it was staged ?  No.  However, I am glad to see Joiner remain with the Bengals.

I'm not in the conspiracy camp but I do believe they were very quick to report a torn ACL.  To my knowledge they pretty much called it when it happened.  My understanding is that usually a doctor waits until a MRI is performed because other injuries look like a torn ACL until this test is done.

Does any of this mean it was staged ?  No.  However, I am glad to see Joiner remain with the Bengals.

I actually thought it took longer than usual. I didn't know it was officially torn until the show and it happened days earlier.

Archived