To the Marvin Haters (Disher)

Haha, well... the challenge flag was thankfully thrown, and that was the impetus that led to the game changing turnover.

And the Bengals fought back and won the craziest game I can remember.

So, he did well in some of those aspects.

However, the same issues keep popping up game after game, year after year under Marvin. Sloppy play, lack of killer instinct, inability to keep the throttle on when they get a lead, inexplicable offensive decisions (why not stick with the run?), etc etc

Marvin is mediocre and his record reflects that. With all the talent on this team, and even years past- a truly good coach would have so much of the stupid shit cleaned up and we wouldnt be in ridiculously close games/blow wins all the time.

Good challenge. I knew his knee was down short of the marker before seeing the replay

bullshit. you didn't know that, i didn't know that, and he didn't know that, either. those calls come from the guys up in the booth, who have replay ability, with several different viewing angles. despite that, most fans chime in like he makes all these calls on his own, in the heat of the moment.

now with that said, and given what our situation was there with the score and the clock...he probably was going to throw that flag either way. but that's not the point i'm speaking to here.

bullshit. you didn't know that, i didn't know that, and he didn't know that, either. those calls come from the guys up in the booth, who have replay ability, with several different viewing angles. despite that, most fans chime in like he makes all these calls on his own, in the heat of the moment.

now with that said, and given what our situation was there with the score and the clock...he probably was going to throw that flag either way. but that's not the point i'm speaking to here.

I knew that and called it. I swear I was yelling at the TV hoping he'd throw that red flag.

Haha, well... the challenge flag was thankfully thrown, and that was the impetus that led to the game changing turnover.

And the Bengals fought back and won the craziest game I can remember.

So, he did well in some of those aspects.

However, the same issues keep popping up game after game, year after year under Marvin. Sloppy play, lack of killer instinct, inability to keep the throttle on when they get a lead, inexplicable offensive decisions (why not stick with the run?), etc etc

Marvin is mediocre and his record reflects that. With all the talent on this team, and even years past- a truly good coach would have so much of the stupid shit cleaned up and we wouldnt be in ridiculously close games/blow wins all the time.

Baltimore was the 3rd most penalized team last year.  Seattle and San Francisco were also in the top 10, as well as Houston and Washington as far as playoff teams go.

There are two statements I've seen over and over today that deserve a great big "What the fuck?"....

"The Bengals give up on the running game?"

"Andy Dalton had a bad game."

The Bengals DID NOT give up on the running game.  They had three fumbles in about a five play span.  How do you "establish the run" with your defense on the field?

Bad game for Dalton?  Hmph.  He outplayed Aaron Rodgers today.  Care to argue about that?  Dalton took too many sacks.  Got it.  He took just as many as Rodgers.  Dalton threw an ugly pick.  Guess what.  Rodgers threw a pair on REALLY ugly picks.  

I can't think of the last time I watched a quarterback throw 8 incompletions in a win and thought, "Wow.  This guy had a bad day." 

As for the turnovers... if it was the same guy putting the ball on the ground, you could pin it on the coaching staff.  That hasn't been the case.  The coaches are not systematically teaching players to carry the ball incorrectly.  It's simply freak occurences.  They'll average out over time.  The Bengals are just getting theirs out of the way now.  I'm sure there will be a emphasis on ball security during practice for a couple weeks, but it will have very little to do with the coming decrease in fumbles.  

Yeah I did see that. I have these amazing things called eyes. Have another beer

I knew that and called it. I swear I was yelling at the TV hoping he'd throw that red flag.

Yeah, I think a lot of us called it.  There were several others of those during the game that would have been nice to revisit that were close (I'd like to see the replay of that kick-off going out at the 1), but that one IMO was pretty clear as soon as the ref put the ball down - well ahead of where it seemed it should go. 

Yeah, I think a lot of us called it.  There were several others of those during the game that would have been nice to revisit that were close (I'd like to see the replay of that kick-off going out at the 1), but that one IMO was pretty clear as soon as the ref put the ball down - well ahead of where it seemed it should go. 

Yeah that's the play I'm gonna go back and watch in a bit. I wondered if the GB player touched it before he went out. But maybe he was out when touching it ??

Don't tell Bengaled you called it . He'll call bullshit LOL

Archived