1. Loucheiz Purifoy, CB, Florida  6-1 189

2. Cody Hoffman, WR, BYU  6-4  215

3. Ben Gardner, DE, Stanford  6-4  275

4. Carlos Hyde, RB, Ohio State  6-0  242

5. Nickoe Whitley, S, Mississippi State  6-1  205

6. Mason Walters, G, Texas  6-6  320

7. James Gayle, DE/OLB, Virginia Tech  6-4  253

Rankings from WalterFootball.com

I think CB may be an early need.  Our proven CBs are pushing 30 and our young CBs have not been able to get on the field.

I want a big WR opposite AJ.

Will likely lose MJ93, need to add a DE.

Hyde is a bruiser with good speed for his size.

The rest of the picks are for depth.

you think Hyde lasts that long?

I'd love to grab Jared Abberderis.  He's a perfect fit for a WCO.

As of now, Walter Football lists him 3-5.  I think his suspension makes 4 possible.  Based on current rankings.

We have a glut of slot receivers already (which I think is his best NFL spot).

1. Loucheiz Purifoy, CB, Florida  6-1 189

2. Cody Hoffman, WR, BYU  6-4  215

3. Ben Gardner, DE, Stanford  6-4  275

4. Carlos Hyde, RB, Ohio State  6-0  242

5. Nickoe Whitley, S, Mississippi State  6-1  205

6. Mason Walters, G, Texas  6-6  320

7. James Gayle, DE/OLB, Virginia Tech  6-4  253

Rankings from WalterFootball.com

I think CB may be an early need.  Our proven CBs are pushing 30 and our young CBs have not been able to get on the field.

I want a big WR opposite AJ.

Will likely lose MJ93, need to add a DE.

Hyde is a bruiser with good speed for his size.

The rest of the picks are for depth.

I really like these things...

I do not want yet another WR that high.  Much rather have a CENTER!

Not sure if there is a really good one out there but I would even go for one

in the first round if there is and he is there.

Not sure about a DE at 3.  We are deep at D line even if we lose Michael Johnson.

Margus Hunt will have a year more or less being groomed.

But lots of Safety and Cornerback help, definitely.

I have doubts and lost a lot of faith in Kirkpatrick to step up

and no one back there is getting any younger.

Good reasons. I think if Geathers is back and MJ is gone we stand pat, if not we could draft somebody. If MJ is back no way.

I also get the impression they see both Dunlap and Hunt as prototype LDE guys.  I like WG coming off the bench, but I'm not sure I'd want him starting at RDE.

you think Hyde lasts that long?

I'd love to grab Jared Abberderis.  He's a perfect fit for a WCO.

I think Carlos will be a beast and improve his draft stock throughout the rest of the year..

I like your draft Jason, but as others have said..... I wouldn't mind seeing a center relatively early if there is a really good one...

I think Carlos will be a beast and improve his draft stock throughout the rest of the year..

I like your draft Jason, but as others have said..... I wouldn't mind seeing a center relatively early if there is a really good one...

I just don't think they will draft a center.  They stuck with Nate Livings for years, I think they may do the same with Cook.

Agree on not taking a C. We still have Robinson who looked good as a rookie last year and I believe we kept TJ Johnson, last years draft pick, on the practice squad.

I could see maybe a versatile OL that can play C or OG in the 3rd or 4th as kind of a super backup along the interior.

Also if I was just taking an early guess as to the position of our 1st rounder, I would guess SLB. I think for a while we have been searching for a young James Harrison type who is 260, can cover a TE and can rush the passer.

Someone like Khalil Mack from Buffalo would make a lot of sense in my opinion.

Another chess piece for the D Coordinator to move around and try to create mismatches against the offense. It would also be a bit of an insurance policy if we let MJ go to have another speedy guy who can slide down to DE and rush the passer. The scary thing about letting MJ go is thinking about what would happen if Dunlap then got injured. A pass rusher early makes sense from a depth perspective.

Also if I was just taking an early guess as to the position of our 1st rounder, I would guess SLB. I think for a while we have been searching for a young James Harrison type who is 260, can cover a TE and can rush the passer.

Someone like Khalil Mack from Buffalo would make a lot of sense in my opinion.

Another chess piece for the D Coordinator to move around and try to create mismatches against the offense. It would also be a bit of an insurance policy if we let MJ go to have another speedy guy who can slide down to DE and rush the passer. The scary thing about letting MJ go is thinking about what would happen if Dunlap then got injured. A pass rusher early makes sense from a depth perspective.

Zim just doesn't play his SLB's enough for it to be a first round pick IMO.

My first stab this year using NFLDraftscout rankings.

1 - Kyle Van Noy, OLB, BYU- 6'3"/235

2 - Travis Swanson, OC, Arkansas - 6'4/318

3 - Lamarcus Joyner, CB, FSU - 5'8"/190

4 - Calvin Barnett, DT, Oklahoma - 6'2"/300

5 - Josh Huff, WR, Oregon - 5'11/202

6 - Denicos Allen, OLB, MSU, - 5'11/218

7 - Venric Mark, RB/WR/PR/KR, Northwestern - 5'8/175

Zim just doesn't play his SLB's enough for it to be a first round pick IMO.

Exactly.  Unless they get a SLB that can really cover.  If Mosley could play SLB and is available when we pick I'd take him in a heartbeat.

not to mention they'll get Lamur back and Porter will have another year under his belt, and ideally Mays will have a whole year at LB under his belt.  DiManche will also have a year under his belt as a DE convert to LB.

Unless Maualuga goes back to 2012 Maualuga, I don't see LB as a pressing need.

not to mention they'll get Lamur back and Porter will have another year under his belt, and ideally Mays will have a whole year at LB under his belt.  DiManche will also have a year under his belt as a DE convert to LB.

Unless Maualuga goes back to 2012 Maualuga, I don't see LB as a pressing need.

That's kind of what I was thinking.  Rey has been playing well.  Lamur will be on the field with Taz in obvious passing situations next year.

I don't think I could guess who the first round pick will be next year.  If I had to venture a guess, I'd say somewhere in the back four on defense.  Nelson, Jones, and Newman all 30+ and Dre not showing much yet.

Archived