Bernard Scott a Raven

Please move if the wrong forum... thanks.

Ravens sign former Bengals RB Bernard Scott
1 hour agoAP - Sports
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

•  
  •  
  •  

OWINGS MILLS, Md. (AP) -- The Baltimore Ravens have signed former Bengals running back Bernard Scott, whose four-year NFL career was interrupted last season by a torn ACL.

Scott began the 2013 season on the physically unable to perform list and was released on Sept. 17 after Cincinnati opted for Giovani Bernard as its starting running back.

The 29-year-old Scott played five games last year before the knee injury. In four NFL seasons, all with the Bengals, Scott has 1,035 yards on 55 carries and four touchdowns. He also has 29 receptions for 165 yards and has been used to return kickoffs.

He will back up Ravens running backs Ray Rice and Bernard Pierce.

Monday's move enabled the Ravens to fill the roster spot vacated by the trade of left tackle Bryant McKinnie last week.

So the Ravens sign a RB coming off an ACL injury who is pushing 30.  Gee I wonder why.  And they picked up Miles a few weeks back- Ravens are some sneaky bastards.

the raven saw what happened to Rex Ryan's defense yesterday and Their defensive scheme has not changed much since he left,the ravens were worried so they signed someone who has been the in Bengals offense for years trying to get some information out him.

I don't like the fact that they will two weeks to prepare for the Bengals offense,but it also shows they aren't worried about the browns who they play this Sunday.

I wouldn't worry about it. Bernard was never as impactful a player as Willie was, rarely saw the field and he won't be able to offer much as I am sure the terminology changes a lot from year to year. Plus if the Rats play us like the Jets did we'll just throw it all over the field on them. This is not the 2001 Ravens defense, and so far this season it isn't even the 2012 Ravens offense either.

I'm LOLing at the dudes at the Ravens forum talking about Bernard's "speed" and all that he'll bring to the backfield and how he's so much better than Beanie Wells and that he's such an elusive threat. Lmao seriously read this shit

http://boards.baltimoreravens.com/topic/55499-rb-beanie-wells-tears-achilies-trying-out-for-us-we-sign-rb-bernard-scott-instead/page-6

I'm LOLing at the dudes at the Ravens forum talking about Bernard's "speed" and all that he'll bring to the backfield and how he's so much better than Beanie Wells and that he's such an elusive threat. Lmao seriously read this shit

http://boards.baltimoreravens.com/topic/55499-rb-beanie-wells-tears-achilies-trying-out-for-us-we-sign-rb-bernard-scott-instead/page-6

Well even Bernard Scott is more durable then Wells.

Happy for him. Always liked the guy, just had some bad luck with injuries.

While not happy or sad either way...I do not get all of the hate for this guy. He was a 6th rounder out of a small school ( who had some seriously sick numbers there BTW) who used everything he was given the opportunity to do here. He was hurt, got cut, and went to another team. BFD. I hope if he plays when we play them, we break his fucking neck...but I want that to happen to every RB we face. Nothing personal.

I will be forever grateful to him for that TD return against the Stealers that broke their fucking necks and won us the division in 2009.

Archived