The reedy thread (Joe Reedy is no longer a Bengals Beat Writer)

If that is true then why do it? It's the same accusation Bengals fans level at Peter King during his time here as a beat writer. If Reedy is in fact employed by the Enquirer (is he? I don't know) then he needs to be WAAAAAAAY more objective in his coverage of the team and be a professional and ignore the attacks that come his way via social media...not to mention not responding in kind when he feels violated by fans perceptions.

I wrote nothing to suggest he needs to be less objective. But his coverage would be better if he was more interested in reporting on the Bengals. Peter King's problem was that he was not objective enough. His extreme distaste for the Brown family colored his coverage of the Bengals.

I, personally, find it entertaining to watch him call out idiots. The amount of questions he gets is, I'm sure, unimaginable. And I bet 95% of them could be answered by reading the content he posts on his blog or in his stories, or by doing a simple google search or checking bengals.com.

Nobody else gives a shit about a small market team & these guys want to get on the national stage so they emulate the trolling sort of asshat that drives ratings & page views. Stop rewarding them for being dicks and they will eventually stop being dicks.

I, personally, find it entertaining to watch him call out idiots. The amount of questions he gets is, I'm sure, unimaginable. And I bet 95% of them could be answered by reading the content he posts on his blog or in his stories, or by doing a simple google search or checking bengals.com.

There's nothing wrong with calling out an idiot for being an idiot in my book....but then I don't write for a local or national publication either. Reedy needs to learn diplomacy in his responses as it just makes him look unprofessional when he responds as he does. Privately I don't care, but he doesn't come off well when he does.

When people accept a lack of professionalism, and even find it entertaining, it doesn't speak well of world today.... and even less for those that enjoy or support it.

Reedy is an ass, pure and simple, and should be covering the Browns, the team that he likes.

When people accept a lack of professionalism, and even find it entertaining, it doesn't speak well of world today.... and even less for those that enjoy or support it.
Reedy is an ass, pure and simple, and should be covering the Browns, the team that he likes.

Agree 100 %

• 3 months later...

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhQql-ZbZmg[/media]

omg.... so freaking perfect...

I would have given you more than +1 if I could have.

And I have to follow for a little while to see all of the cool tweets people are sending.... It's hilarious..

He's going to Cleveland to work on the Indians beat.   Not sure who's motivation it was to make the move...

Isn't he a Browns fan anyway?  In that case I don't know how I feel about it.. On one hand it sucks because he gets to cover his home town market, and probably get to see more Browns games in person... On the other hand it's awesome because he has to live and Cleveland and spend more time watching Browns games.

Either way he is gone.. Which is all that really matters.

Isn't he a Browns fan anyway?  In that case I don't know how I feel about it.. On one hand it sucks because he gets to cover his home town market, and probably get to see more Browns games in person... On the other hand it's awesome because he has to live and Cleveland and spend more time watching Browns games.

Either way he is gone.. Which is all that really matters.

Hope he is immune to staph infections....

RT @ajrod: We at @ENQSports are hiring two #Bengals beat writers. Work with a great team here http://cin.ci/1jgvLxJ  http://cin.ci/1jgvStg 

"We are proud to introduce your new Bengals beat writers, HaydenM and Lewdog"

:ninja:

Archived