!!!THE BENGALS @DOLPHINS GAME THREAD!!!

I just read this on USA today.

Report: Martin left the Dolphins - Dolphins will adjust with Clabo in the lineup
By BRENT SOBLESKI

Any type of drama around a team with Bryant McKinnie on the roster usually revolves around the massive left tackle. Instead, its the Dolphins other offensive tackle that left the team earlier this week.

It sounds like both offense tackles are not very good to begin with, and Clabo is going to have a rough night with our defensive line.

Hmmm. I just put down some cash on Gio for the over in yards receiving and catches but wondering if I should have waited to hear about Hawkins.  Part of me hopes that we ease him back in, as he'd be a nice change of pace surprise for the bigger upcoming games.  Still, given that he was apparently such a big part of our offensive playbook in TC, I'm thinking that it will take time to roll stuff out anyway. 

Yeah.. I've got to be at work at 0600 again tomorrow, so if you could go ahead and stomp the living shit out of them before halftime... that'd be great...

You ain't kidding. My alarm goes off at 3:30AM tomorrow. Gonna be tough to watch much of the game.

KFFL is usually on point.  I clicked through to their "source" and got this.  It's pretty interesting, in that both Wood and Montgomery apparently got drug tested right away and came up negative.  The omission of the third guy's test is glaring.

MIKE-GARAFOLO_author_thumb-185x70_201307
Share This Story

Mike Garafolo

Mike Garafolo is a Senior NFL Reporter for FOXSports.com and FOX Sports 1. A native of Philadelphia who now resides in New Jersey, he is a former New York Giants beat writer for The Star-Ledger of Newark (N.J.) and a former NFL reporter for USA Today. Follow him on Twitter.

MORE>>

Updated Oct 30, 2013 9:46 PM ET

Former Houston Texans running back Cierre Wood, one of three players released last week for a violation of team rules, has notified all teams he passed a drug test taken shortly after he was cut, a source told FOX Sports.

nflonfox_show_thumb_20100511194049_202_9 INSIDE INFORMATION

Looking for the latest news from around the NFL? Our Insiders got you covered.

Per the source, Wood coordinated the test with the NFL Players Association and took it last Monday — the same day he and linebacker Willie Jefferson and defensive end Sam Montgomery were cut. The test results, which came back this week, were negative for marijuana, the source said.

Montgomery also reportedly took a drug test that indicated he didn't have any marijuana in his system.

The Texans have only said publicly the players violated unspecified team rules during the trip to Kansas City to face the Chiefs on Oct. 20. ESPN reported the players were dismissed because of marijuana use, though one of Jefferson's agents, Chad Cannon, told the network the players were smoking a non-marijuana cigar. (Alvin Nelson, who also represents Jefferson, declined comment when reached by FOX Sports on Wednesday.)

Wood, an undrafted free agent who made the Texans' final roster, would likely be seeing increased playing time right about now if he hadn't been released. Texans running backs Arian Foster and Ben Tate have both been dealing with injuries. A source said Wood was expected to see action against the Chiefs in the week leading up to the game but was declared inactive, along with Montgomery and Jefferson.

Wood and Jefferson visited the Jacksonville Jaguars this week. Montgomery has visited the Cincinnati Bengals and Oakland Raiders. All three players remain unsigned. A source told FOX Sports' Peter Schrager that Montgomery, a third-round pick in April, was offered a spot on the Bengals' practice squad.

KFFL is usually on point.  I clicked through to their "source" and got this.  It's pretty interesting, in that both Wood and Montgomery apparently got drug tested right away and came up negative.  The omission of the third guy's test is glaring.

MIKE-GARAFOLO_author_thumb-185x70_201307
Share This Story

Mike Garafolo

Mike Garafolo is a Senior NFL Reporter for FOXSports.com and FOX Sports 1. A native of Philadelphia who now resides in New Jersey, he is a former New York Giants beat writer for The Star-Ledger of Newark (N.J.) and a former NFL reporter for USA Today. Follow him on Twitter.MORE>>

Updated Oct 30, 2013 9:46 PM ET

Former Houston Texans running back Cierre Wood, one of three players released last week for a violation of team rules, has notified all teams he passed a drug test taken shortly after he was cut, a source told FOX Sports.

nflonfox_show_thumb_20100511194049_202_9 INSIDE INFORMATION
Looking for the latest news from around the NFL? Our Insiders got you covered.
Per the source, Wood coordinated the test with the NFL Players Association and took it last Monday the same day he and linebacker Willie Jefferson and defensive end Sam Montgomery were cut. The test results, which came back this week, were negative for marijuana, the source said.
Montgomery also reportedly took a drug test that indicated he didn't have any marijuana in his system.
The Texans have only said publicly the players violated unspecified team rules during the trip to Kansas City to face the Chiefs on Oct. 20. ESPN reported the players were dismissed because of marijuana use, though one of Jefferson's agents, Chad Cannon, told the network the players were smoking a non-marijuana cigar. (Alvin Nelson, who also represents Jefferson, declined comment when reached by FOX Sports on Wednesday.)
Wood, an undrafted free agent who made the Texans' final roster, would likely be seeing increased playing time right about now if he hadn't been released. Texans running backs Arian Foster and Ben Tate have both been dealing with injuries. A source said Wood was expected to see action against the Chiefs in the week leading up to the game but was declared inactive, along with Montgomery and Jefferson.
Wood and Jefferson visited the Jacksonville Jaguars this week. Montgomery has visited the Cincinnati Bengals and Oakland Raiders. All three players remain unsigned. A source told FOX Sports' Peter Schrager that Montgomery, a third-round pick in April, was offered a spot on the Bengals' practice squad.

Thanks. I'm still waiting for at least a second source. However, yours says unsigned.

Thanks. I'm still waiting for at least a second source. However, yours says unsigned.

I haven't seen anything about a signing - only the offer was made.  Given that he was a Third round pick who at one time was thought of as a 1st round talent, he and his people are probably trying to make as many visits as possible and hoping for a shot at 53.  However, he could do a lot worse than to be another one of our reclamation projects.  But he has to turn a corner personally and become one of those "yes sir, no sir,  I need a hard-ass on me" types first.  Burfict can show him the light.

Archived