Hollywood out of ideas?

Go Skins

Well, if this happens:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/frowny-face-sony-pictures-faces-898523

Frowny Face: Sony Pictures Faces Legal Spat Over 'The Emoji Movie'

The studio is going full speed ahead on the film dated for 2017. Only problem: A former video game executive who lives in Germany might have all the merchandise trademarks for it.

Marco Husges was on vacation in Croatia in 2013 when inspiration struck. "For some reason, 'emoji' came into my mind," says the German former video game executive. So he was the first to file for commercial trademarks for the word around the world in a first-come, first-served competition. (Emoji were created by mobile-phone operators in Japan in the late 1990s.)

Husges, 45, doesn't own the rights to the wildly popular digital icons on phones and social media, but as founder of The Emoji Co., he also created more than 3,000 of his own icons and trademarked and licensed them for use on an array of merchandise. Husges also trademarked such titles as "emojiplanet" and "emojitown."

So Husges says he was surprised when Sony Pictures Animation announced The Emoji Movie, dated for August 2017. Sony, which just released The Angry Birds film based on the mobile game, bought the project last summer based on a pitch by Eric Siegel and Anthony Leondis; the latter is to direct with Michelle Raimo Kouyate producing.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/2/2016 at 8:06 AM, Go Skins said:

Well, if this happens:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/frowny-face-sony-pictures-faces-898523

Frowny Face: Sony Pictures Faces Legal Spat Over 'The Emoji Movie'

The studio is going full speed ahead on the film dated for 2017. Only problem: A former video game executive who lives in Germany might have all the merchandise trademarks for it.

Marco Husges was on vacation in Croatia in 2013 when inspiration struck. "For some reason, 'emoji' came into my mind," says the German former video game executive. So he was the first to file for commercial trademarks for the word around the world in a first-come, first-served competition. (Emoji were created by mobile-phone operators in Japan in the late 1990s.)

Husges, 45, doesn't own the rights to the wildly popular digital icons on phones and social media, but as founder of The Emoji Co., he also created more than 3,000 of his own icons and trademarked and licensed them for use on an array of merchandise. Husges also trademarked such titles as "emojiplanet" and "emojitown."

So Husges says he was surprised when Sony Pictures Animation announced The Emoji Movie, dated for August 2017. Sony, which just released The Angry Birds film based on the mobile game, bought the project last summer based on a pitch by Eric Siegel and Anthony Leondis; the latter is to direct with Michelle Raimo Kouyate producing.

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/697071-sony-pictures-animation-reveals-2017-2018-slate-including-the-emoji-movie-title

The theatrical releases for Sony Pictures Animation for the next two years include Smurfs: The Lost Village, Emojimovie: Express Yourself, The Star, Hotel Transylvania 3, and the upcoming animated Spider-Man movie. You can read their descriptions below.

Emojimovie: Express Yourself which a surprising and comic take on the secret world of our phones and the beloved characters that have become daily necessities in global interpersonal communication. The feature, targeting an August 2017 theatrical release, is directed by Anthony Leondis, produced by Michelle Raimo Kouyate, and written by Anthony Leondis & Eric Siegel.

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Go Skins said:

The remake of Ghostbusters is certified fresh on Rotten Tomatoes. 

Interesting.

All the people hating on it before they even saw it and now reviews are coming in and those who actually have seen it now are saying its pretty good.

Haters always gotta hate I guess.

On 7/15/2016 at 10:50 AM, Jamie_B said:

All the people hating on it before they even saw it and now reviews are coming in and those who actually have seen it now are saying its pretty good.

Haters always gotta hate I guess.

Any true Ghostbusters fan won't give that bullshit the time of day or a dollar. Hope it flops and every fuck hole that green lit it gets fired and blacklisted. I was a diehard Ghostbusters fan. They absolutely ruined everything. Refused to give Dan Akroyd his requested budget for a sequel a few years ago (Harold was still alive and everyone was in to do it). The new movie ended up murdering the budget Akroyd asked for. Fuck that company. They would have saved a lot of money and profited way more and actually done something cool for their fans. Instead they ruined the franchise with the bullshit they tossed together.

2 minutes ago, TimKrumrieFan said:

Any true Ghostbusters fan won't give that bullshit the time of day or a dollar. Hope it flops and every fuck hole that green lit it gets fired and blacklisted. I was a diehard Ghostbusters fan. They absolutely ruined everything. Refused to give Dan Akroyd his requested budget for a sequel a few years ago (Harold was still alive and everyone was in to do it). The new movie ended up murdering the budget Akroyd asked for. Fuck that company. They would have saved a lot of money and profited way more and actually done something cool for their fans. Instead they ruined the franchise with the bullshit they tossed together.

So as a true Ghostbusters fan you wont give it money, but then are making judgments on a move you havent seen. 

Thanks for proving my point.

Just now, Jamie_B said:

So as a true Ghostbusters fan you wont give it money, but then are making judgments on a move you havent seen. 

Thanks for proving my point.

They disrespected the franchise and lied to one of the most important people in the franchises existence. So yes common sense would say you don't throw it money and support it. Giving them your money, then bashing it does nothing. You still donated them your money for being fucking stupid. That'd be like boycotting Mike Brown in the 90s by buying season tickets but then showing up with a paperbag over your head. You still are the fucking idiot that gave them your money.

On 7/16/2016 at 3:41 PM, TimKrumrieFan said:

This is a great attitude.  Especially considering:

1) the movie itself is actually pretty good

2) Dan Akroyd is an Exceutive Producer on the film and former director Ivan Reitman is a Producer.

and

3) Nearly every significant actor from the original film makes a cameo in the new film.

So really, you're just crapping on a film that the original cast has given its blessing to.  Makes perfect sense. 

And why are we treating Ghostbusters like its hallowed ground? It's not Star Wars, Star Trek, Back to the Future or any other storied franchise.  Most Ghostbusters fans don't even like Ghostbusters 2.

All of which makes a great case for binge watching Netflix, HBOGo and/or Amazon.  Currently watching The Sopranos again after all these years and it holds up great.  I have forgotten and missed a lot the first time around.

Anyway, we went to see the #1 movie of the weekend, Secret Life of Pets, and it was meh but I did not expect a lot and was not disappointed.  I kept thinking that I/we could be home watching the pole dancers at Badda Bing and what we paid for two tickets would have covered a whole month of Home BO and HBOGo.

• 2 months later...

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/09/26/peter-rabbit-movie-james-corden-daisy-ridley-rose-byrne

It’s official: Peter Rabbit is hopping from books to the big screen.

Sony’s Columbia Pictures has officially announced that it’s adapting Beatrix Potter’s beloved children’s book as a live-action and CG film. As reported last month, Easy A director Will Gluck is helming Peter Rabbit, with James Corden set to star as the titular rabbit.

Rose Byrne is also on board to play the live-action role of Bea, and Daisy Ridley and Elizabeth Debicki have joined the voice cast in unspecified roles.

Rob Lieber (Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day) wrote the script with revisions by Gluck. The Australian studio Animal Logic, best known for its work on The LEGO Movie, is handling the animation.

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/movies/upcoming-movies/leonardo-dicaprio-wants-to-make-a-captain-planet-movie/news-story/dc2273f3b191c9985531227d0c748b07

CAPTAIN Planet could be heading to the big screen thanks to committed environmentalist and Hollywood heavyweight, Leonardo DiCaprio.

The Oscar winner’s production company, Appian Way Productions, is currently in talks to secure the rights to Captain Planet and the Planeteers.

According to The Hollywood Reporter, Jono Matt (who wrote the action-adventure reboot of Doctor Dolittle) and Scream Queens star Glen Powell are on the short list to write the script and bring the ‘90s cartoon back to life.

Sources told THR that the rough storyline is: “the story takes place years after the adventures of the show, with the Captain now a washed-up has-been who needs the kids more than they need him”.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

https://www.yahoo.com/movies/ridley-scott-says-he-anticipates-making-six-more-alien-films-ill-be-ready-to-go-again-next-year-161138717.html

Ridley Scott Says He Anticipates Making Six More 'Alien' Films: 'I'll Be Ready to Go Again Next Year'

In a new interview with The Sydney Morning Herald, Scott confesses that he’s so intrigued by the “fantasy” of his sci-fi series — which he resurrected with 2012’s polarizing Prometheus — that he’s more than ready to keep it going for the foreseeable future:

“If you really want a franchise, I can keep cranking it for another six,” Scott declares. “I’m not going to close it down again. No way.”

Scott’s plan for SIX more installments would bring the franchise’s total number of prequels to eight, and the entire series’ run to 12 movies (not counting the two Alien vs. Predator spin-offs). If that sounds like an ambitious course of action for the 79-year-old director, know that he’s already getting set to start work on the next Alien chapter — which could begin production as early as next year.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

https://www.theverge.com/tldr/2017/7/23/16017140/dwayne-the-rock-johnson-apple-siri-movie

Steve Jobs isn’t the only famous Apple figure that can be turned into movies (or an opera, evidently.) Tomorrow, your favorite bad listener voice assistant Siri will star in its own film featuring Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson. I wish I was kidding.

The “movie,” titled The Rock x Siri: Dominate The Day, is a collaboration between Johnson and Apple — think of it as an extended commercial similar to what the company did with Taylor Swift and Apple Music last year. Except instead of a series of short, cringeworthy clips, the ad arrives with an over-the-top poster featuring various types of automobiles, a stage, space, and... Chinese lanterns? Here’s the full poster if you want to take a stab at guessing what it all means.

• 4 weeks later...

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/jetsons-live-action-tv-comedy-works-at-abc-1030391

Prepare to meet George Jetson (again).

ABC is teaming with producers Warner Bros. Television to develop a live-action multicamera comedy based on the classic Hanna-Barbera cartoon family from the 1960s.

The comedy, which has landed at ABC with a sizable put-pilot commitment, will be written by Gary Janetti (Family Guy, Will & Grace), who exec produces alongside Jack Rapke and Robert Zemeckis (Back to the Future).

The ABC take is described as based on the original animated series, the sitcom is set 100 years in the future and revolves around America's favorite future family — told through a modern filter. Warner Bros. Television, who was behind the original The Jetsons, produces alongside Nickleby Inc and Compari Entertainment. Jackie Levine is set as a co-EP.

Archived