Football Gameplan's 2014 AFC WC Bengals vs Chargers Video Preview

Now that you have had a full season of NFL tape to peruse, have you revised your opinion of Gio?

Not revised, b/c of him in the running game, but definitely as far as a receiver is concerned much more than I expected…much more dynamic in that aspect. I need to see him in the lead dog role, to give thoughts on him as a TB..hopefully he's shown enough to push BJGE into a reserve role in order to get that opportunity in 2014

Not revised, b/c of him in the running game, but definitely as far as a receiver is concerned much more than I expected…much more dynamic in that aspect. I need to see him in the lead dog role, to give thoughts on him as a TB..hopefully he's shown enough to push BJGE into a reserve role in order to get that opportunity in 2014

Well, in case you don't remember, your opinion of him was that he goes down on first contact.  Even you, who relies on ESPN highlights to make your observations, surely know now that that was a seriously mistaken opinion. 

But I expected nothing less of you than to maintain your head in the sand, er position.

I'll take Em's side on this one, Gio DOES need to gain some strength and as the season has gone on it has become obvious that that is indeed happening, early on in the season from a purely running the ball perspective Gio did leave some to be desired in this aspect of his game, that has changed and I feel like alot of that has to do with him getting stronger, with a full offseason in an NFL Strength and Conditioning program I think Gio will be the next Ray Rice (when Ray was in his prime), but if you watch the tape on him early in the season he was not as strong as he seems to be now. I think that's what Em was getting at, he just didnt choose his words as well as he could have.

I'll take Em's side on this one, Gio DOES need to gain some strength and as the season has gone on it has become obvious that that is indeed happening, early on in the season from a purely running the ball perspective Gio did leave some to be desired in this aspect of his game, that has changed and I feel like alot of that has to do with him getting stronger, with a full offseason in an NFL Strength and Conditioning program I think Gio will be the next Ray Rice (when Ray was in his prime), but if you watch the tape on him early in the season he was not as strong as he seems to be now. I think that's what Em was getting at, he just didnt choose his words as well as he could have.

Well, Jamie, it's really nice of you to help him out! :)

Well, in case you don't remember, your opinion of him was that he goes down on first contact.  Even you, who relies on ESPN highlights to make your observations, surely know now that that was a seriously mistaken opinion. 

But I expected nothing less of you than to maintain your head in the sand, er position.

Shouldn't you be preparing for the playoff game on Sunday coach?

Shouldn't you be preparing for the playoff game on Sunday coach?

Coach. That's funny (or sad if you're still taking my facetiousness seriously).  Almost as funny as the fact that you never responded to any of my other questions in any of our other threads, which of course proved my point that you are simply self-promoting troll that I've accused you of being - who, if you weren't trying to drive  clicks, would otherwise not even be here.  At least we all learned to stop clicking on your laughable little videos.

You need to see Gio in the "lead dog" roll at TB? Why?  Were you the "lead dog" as a TB?  Just because you rode the pine at MrTurd State might make you feel like you belong, but like your "analysis" that just doesn't cut it.

You say something controversial, facts then directly contradict you and prove you wrong, and still you maintain your original position lol.  Why? Because you confuse integrity with credibility.  You have neither.  Now why don't you run along and leave the punditry to the assholes on TV.  At least they have some decent production values to go along with their echo-chamber insight. 

The rest of us will be right here where we belong, celebrating our dual-threat Rookie of the Year candidate Gio Bernard.

Meanwhile, you'll still be in your basement, presumable jerking off to pics of your well-oiled boy Jonathan Franklin:

Posted 01 May 2013 - 01:14 PM

I'm sorry guys...I just don't see it with Gio. He's nowhere near the class of talent like Franklin. But, we shall see

Posted 02 May 2013 - 08:37 AM

Bengals1181, on 01 May 2013 - 4:08 PM, said:snapback.png

so what was it then? injuries? character? he just happened to not fit anybody's scheme?

There's a reason he fell, and from what we know about Franklin it wasn't character.

It could be a combination of things...I'm saying talent for talent, I feel that Franklin is a lot better than Gio. Actually, Bernard & Burkhead are more similar. That's a battle to keep an eye on in the Preseason

The PatternMaster, on 01 May 2013 - 4:13 PM, said:snapback.png

LOL...I just asked a question, I realize that as there are numerous examples in every draft where talented guys get drafted late or don't get drafted at all. Tom Brady was a 6th round pick, Arian Foster was an UDFA, hell our leading tackler last year was a UDFA.

hy do you think he was a 4th round pick, I think he's plenty talented and he has the production to prove it? I question his speed though, that 40 time at the combine likely had something do with the fall, imo. I think the Packers had a great draft by getting Lacy and Franklin, two of the best RB's in the draft, imo.

That's the interesting part...I would like to know the thought process of the Packers on that one. I also think Franklin will end up starting over Lacy. Lacy has trouble creating when the hole isn't there..ala Michael Turner

Posted 19 September 2013 - 04:14 PM

membengal, on 19 Sept 2013 - 2:51 PM, said:snapback.png

Nice strawman! You suck!

Try this out..."I may have been wrong"...people trust those who can admit to mistakes, those who double down on stupid, not so much.

Fuck off!

So after 2 games you're wanting to me to go against MONTHS of evaluations? How about you give the kid a larger sample size before revisiting your evals..that's the professional way to do it.  The dumbass way to do it would be doing what you're doing now sweet cheeks :)

Yep, you EmDiggy, working from your basement, somehow know more than the entire Bengals and Packers coaching staff (nevermind the Steelers), who have mistakenly drafted RB's who only managed to lead the league in yards from scrimmage for rookies on their paths to rookie of the year.  LMAO Jonathan Franklin.  But you're the expert, right?

The only thing sadder than your "analysis" is that dinks like Jamie B tirelessly defend your ass. 

You're "evaluations" are garbage, you stand by your own retardation, and THEN you disrespect others in their own house.

You're a twat. 

Coach. That's funny (or sad if you're still taking my facetiousness seriously).  Almost as funny as the fact that you never responded 60;

The rest of us will be right here where we belong, celebrating our dual-threat Rookie of the Year candidate Gio Bernard.

Meanwhile, you'll still be in your basement, presumable jerking off to pics of your well-oiled boy Jonathan Franklin:

Yep, you EmDiggy, working from your basement, somehow know more than the entire Bengals and Packers coaching staff (nevermind the Steelers), who have mistakenly drafted RB's who only managed to lead the league in yards from scrimmage for rookies on their paths to rookie of the year.  LMAO Jonathan Franklin.  But you're the expert, right?

The only thing sadder than your "analysis" is that dinks like Jamie B tirelessly defend your ass. 

You're "evaluations" are garbage, you stand by your own retardation, and THEN you disrespect others in their own house.

You're a twat. 

and yet you still havent learnt to not click the threads ;)

dink ;)

Alley, you're one of my favorite posters on this site, and you kinda just handed Em his ass with that last post, but I think the two of you have gone about this the wrong way.

Em, I and don't mind you posting here at all. I think you put a LOT of work into what you do and I have a ton of respect for it, I enjoy the product as well for the most part. That said, you had a poor assessment of Bernard, especially relative to other backs in his draft class. That's no problem, it happens to the best of em. I also believe that you are failing to admit that when the evidence to the contrary of your original opinion is a rather overwhelming.

I'm also inclined to think that you wouldn't have had much trouble backtracking on your original opinion had Alleycat and other posters not come at you so hard after you made your initial judgment. 

So Em: You were wrong, thats no problem, but you should probably own up to it a little better.

Alley: You and others shouldn't have been so hard on our guest for making a faulty judgment, I don't think he would have had trouble taking it back if it wasn't for the aggressive responses he received here. 

Alley: You and others shouldn't have been so hard on our guest for making a faulty judgment, I don't think he would have had trouble taking it back if it wasn't for the aggressive responses he received here. 

I wrote EmDiggy an epic critique on how he could improve his work when I first saw it.  Constructive stuff from someone who actually knows a thing or two about production.  I have no problem with his videos on their face, no matter how silly they are or how much I disagree with them. 

What I have a problem with is someone who shows up here only to promote himself, and then when the home members of this site argue with him, takes some snarky, holier than thou, even insulting attitude (not here, earlier threads).  That sets me off (I'm sure membengal will be around shortly to add some fuel to the fire).  The fact that he is so wildly off-base just adds salt to the wound, or I should say, makes it easier to pour salt into his gaping corn-hole, because he just got ass-raped pretty good.

And to think, my New Year's Resolution was to be a kindler, gentler alleycat.

I wrote EmDiggy an epic critique on how he could improve his work when I first saw it.  Constructive stuff from someone who actually knows a thing or two about production.  I have no problem with his videos on their face, no matter how silly they are or how much I disagree with them. 

What I have a problem with is someone who shows up here only to promote himself, and then when the home members of this site argue with him, takes some snarky, holier than thou, even insulting attitude (not here, earlier threads).  That sets me off (I'm sure membengal will be around shortly to add some fuel to the fire).  The fact that he is so wildly off-base just adds salt to the wound, or I should say, makes it easier to pour salt into his gaping corn-hole, because he just got ass-raped pretty good.

And to think, my New Year's Resolution was to be a kindler, gentler alleycat.

I hear ya, I suppose I should reserve judgment until I re-read how harsh the initial responses he received from you, membengal, and the like were.

Coach. That's funny (or sad if you're still taking my facetiousness seriously).  Almost as funny as the fact that you never responded 60;

You're a twat. 

In his one start, Franklin rushed for 100 yards… injury knocked him out the rest of the season

And the sad part is, YOU'RE backtracking after you lied about coaching…nothing about my credentials are false. You feeling the need to lie on the internet tells me all I need to know about how your life is going. But hey, each day you have a chance to get better. Good luck

Alley, you're one of my favorite posters on this site, and you kinda just handed Em his ass with that last post, but I think the two of you have gone about this the wrong way.

Em, I and don't mind you posting here at all. I think you put a LOT of work into what you do and I have a ton of respect for it, I enjoy the product as well for the most part. That said, you had a poor assessment of Bernard, especially relative to other backs in his draft class. That's no problem, it happens to the best of em. I also believe that you are failing to admit that when the evidence to the contrary of your original opinion is a rather overwhelming.

I'm also inclined to think that you wouldn't have had much trouble backtracking on your original opinion had Alleycat and other posters not come at you so hard after you made your initial judgment. 

So Em: You were wrong, thats no problem, but you should probably own up to it a little better.

Appreciate the response…but at this point, I don't feel like I'm wrong completely. And actually, earlier in the post, I actually stated where I didn't foresee his contributions in the passing game. But from what I studied on him at UNC compared to the other backs in the class, that was my call. IMHO, there were better backs based of strengths & weaknesses. Team usage brings in an entirely different dynamic and the Bengals are doing a great job of that

You're a twat. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCZor-mApug

In his one start, Franklin rushed for 100 yards injury knocked him out the rest of the season

And the sad part is, YOU'RE backtracking after you lied about coachingnothing about my credentials are false. You feeling the need to lie on the internet tells me all I need to know about how your life is going. But hey, each day you have a chance to get better. Good luck

He sat that bench behind Lacy quite a few games before he went on IR. He never proved to be the better back and Lacy has proven you wrong in regards to his NFL success.

Appreciate the response…but at this point, I don't feel like I'm wrong completely. And actually, earlier in the post, I actually stated where I didn't foresee his contributions in the passing game. But from what I studied on him at UNC compared to the other backs in the class, that was my call. IMHO, there were better backs based of strengths & weaknesses. Team usage brings in an entirely different dynamic and the Bengals are doing a great job of that

So you didn't make mistakes evaluating the 2013 RB class?

It seems like you did. Not only was Bernard a glider, he was commonly considered the BEST receiving back coming out. You're copping out with the "usage" thing. It's probably a better tact to admit when you're wrong and move on. Though alleycat is certainly being a douchebag to you and I usually can understand where he is coming from. We all make mistakes and it devolves in to someone calling someone else a "twat" when we can't own up to it. "Each day is a chance to get better. Good luck."

In his one start, Franklin rushed for 100 yards… injury knocked him out the rest of the season

And the sad part is, YOU'RE backtracking after you lied about coaching…nothing about my credentials are false. You feeling the need to lie on the internet tells me all I need to know about how your life is going. But hey, each day you have a chance to get better. Good luck

LMAO, the fact that you don't detect the sarcasm in my comment about being a coach speaks volumes to how totally out of touch you are, with pretty much everything.  Seriously, you think a Bengals coach would be on this site, or someone would pretend to be in any other way but in a tongue-in-cheek manner?  What are you, 5?

And for reference, here's the post. 

Posted 27 September 2013 - 01:29 PM

EmDiggy, on 27 Sept 2013 - 12:42 PM, said:snapback.png

Did you answer my question?

Yes. I am 100% and TOTALLY watching Bengals games from a coaching perspective.  No one on this board knows it, but I actually AM a Bengals coach.  I only come onto this board so that I can get challenging analysis from other NFL quality coaches such as yourself, because no one can give us a more unbiased and objective view of how and what we are doing better than outside observers.

EmDiggy, on 27 Sept 2013 - 12:46 PM, said:snapback.png

Once I get time (usually Jan) I'll put together another couple series of these style videos and I'll be sure to include this convo in the video to illustrate the example...cool?

Cool, so we'll wait until January for you to actually watch the game.

Next time maybe I'll post 100 little ninja emoticons because the CAPITAL letters, overstatement, and hyperbole didn't seem enough for you.  Maybe big bright flashing lights?

Just sad.

Archived