Thanks, Bengals Organization...

...for another year of sporting entertainment. I mean it; this was a good year up until today. We all suffer setbacks and defeats in life--your professional challenges just happen to be more visible than most of us. But you know that...

Take a vacation. Learn whatever there is to be learned about how this year played out. Let the passage of a little time dull the pain and regret you may be feeling right now. Then get back at it.

I'll be rooting for you next year. And every year. Do or die.

Argh, I want to be a contrary pirate, but...argh. I agree but I don't. There needs to be a learning curve and some accountability. I am firmly of a mind that Marvin Lewis needs to go. I never thought I would say that but dammit, he's had five shots at the post season and ten years as a coach. I think he's hit the wall.

Mehh, this is an organization the strives for mediocrity. They have the perfect coach in Marvin Lewis for that. They hired an unproven OC on the cheap then drafted the safe QB in an attempt to win some games to stop the hemorrhaging that was the Carson Palmer debacle. They don't swing for the fences, they are happy with singles and a decent batting average, nothing more.

They are Yahoo in a world dominated by Google. They put out their product ,find enough buyers, pay the bills and are happy to not be AOL which is good enough for them.

In the end, this window of opportunity will close sooner rather than later. Pittsburgh and Baltimore will do everything possible to get back on top and will most likely do so. We will stay the course and remain the fringe playoff team that occasionally gets an extra game at the end of the year. Zimmer leaving will cement this.

If you can live with this as long as its entertaining, so be it.

Argh, I want to be a contrary pirate, but...argh. I agree but I don't. There needs to be a learning curve and some accountability. I am firmly of a mind that Marvin Lewis needs to go. I never thought I would say that but dammit, he's had five shots at the post season and ten years as a coach. I think he's hit the wall.

5 tries in the postseason and was nowhere near close in any of them. The proof is in the pudding - this isn't working and he's the common denominator. If Brown really wanted to make noise and show this won't be tolerated anymore, he'd can Marvin. Unfortunately, I see another year of that shit-faced grin.

Must be my mood, as I read the title of this in a "Thanks Obama!" tone. It was a fun year, but once again my (our) hearts were torn out and shit on - it's like running back to a bad girlfriend, expecting that she changed. Time to dump the bitch.

5 tries in the postseason and was nowhere near close in any of them. The proof is in the pudding - this isn't working and he's the common denominator. If Brown really wanted to make noise and show this won't be tolerated anymore, he'd can Marvin. Unfortunately, I see another year of that shit-faced grin.

Must be my mood, as I read the title of this in a "Thanks Obama!" tone. It was a fun year, but once again my (our) hearts were torn out and shit on - it's like running back to a bad girlfriend, expecting that she changed. Time to dump the bitch.

But she'll still fuck you real good!

Mehh, this is an organization the strives for mediocrity. They have the perfect coach in Marvin Lewis for that. They hired an unproven OC on the cheap then drafted the safe QB in an attempt to win some games to stop the hemorrhaging that was the Carson Palmer debacle. They don't swing for the fences, they are happy with singles and a decent batting average, nothing more.

They are Yahoo in a world dominated by Google. They put out their product ,find enough buyers, pay the bills and are happy to not be AOL which is good enough for them.

In the end, this window of opportunity will close sooner rather than later. Pittsburgh and Baltimore will do everything possible to get back on top and will most likely do so. We will stay the course and remain the fringe playoff team that occasionally gets an extra game at the end of the year. Zimmer leaving will cement this.

I hate to agree with this but I do. We are a flukey team.

Look guys, I'm as disappointed as any other fan but I know what I can control and what I cannot control. Will there be changes? I hope so. After all, it has been "change" that brought this organization out of the really bad days. I do know I'm not competent enough to evaluate (with any real seriousness) the kind of changes which this team requires. For one thing, being a boss is a tougher than job than many think. Secondly, neither Mike nor Marvin have me on their speed dial... .

Oh wait, just got a text from Katie that says: "When's it gonna be my time, Dad?!"

Personally, I think they were tight today. It's hard to get a monkey off one's back, especially when everybody is reminding you about it 24/7. Chargers had nothing to lose and thus, had no problem winning.

Eh, maybe so Homer but I and many others felt like it was supposed to be our time to punch motherfuckers in the face, regardless of how loose they played or how happy they were just to be there. By the way...have you read that book yet? I'm reading a really good one by our mutually admired Doris Goodwin right now on one of our best Presidents ever, Teddy Roosevelt. Resume PM convos, private Rice!

Eh, maybe so Homer but I and many others felt like it was supposed to be our time to punch motherfuckers in the face, regardless of how loose they played or how happy they were just to be there. By the way...have you read that book yet? I'm reading a really good one by our mutually admired Doris Goodwin right now on one of our best Presidents ever, Teddy Roosevelt. Resume PM convos, private Rice!

I agree with you. I was hoping for a really dominant, AFC North-like ass-whupping of the Bolts. And I think the game was going okay up until Bernard fumbled. Maybe there is something to be said for what seems to be a consistent inability to make halftime adjustments. Despite all this, we all know that as disappointed as we fans can be, the players et al. are even more unhappy. They've worked hard for what they achieved and to come up a bit short again has to really hurt. As a fan, all I can really do is what I already do--root for the guys I like because I like 'em.

You know me, I'm always reading 5 or 6 books at a time so, yes, I am about halfway through the book. It's quite good and she is one heck of a writer, too. I'm also currently reading Unger's recent bio of John Quincy Adams and it presents a nice counterpoint to some of Stack's thoughts. I'll drop a post in the J&D thread once I have finished both.

31 out of 32 teams have a season end in failure. This is year 3 of a rebuild. I personally really enjoyed watching these guys play this year and don't have any hard feelings. At the end of the day, it's just a game. A game I have absolutely no control over.

Are we a better team than 3 years ago? Sure, better at teasing our fans then face raping us in front of the whole country,

while wallet raping every ticket buyer with just enough promise to lube us up for next year..

its fun to see us win But the losing isnt less painful for its reduced frequency, its just more concentrated at season's end.

i am glad the NFL is still on track to get the matchups it wants in the Conference Finals ..Im sure NE vs Denver will thrill many

If you have the talent and blow your chances who is really to blame?

What does it matter to your fans ? All we can do is take it and wish for a better outcome.. as we exit out the window

...for another year of sporting entertainment. I mean it; this was a good year up until today. We all suffer setbacks and defeats in life--your professional challenges just happen to be more visible than most of us. But you know that...

Take a vacation. Learn whatever there is to be learned about how this year played out. Let the passage of a little time dull the pain and regret you may be feeling right now. Then get back at it.

I'll be rooting for you next year. And every year. Do or die.

Agreed. I do understand the bitching and moaning, because we do have a good nucleus of players and I expected them to make a little noise this year, but, in football, just like in life, shit happens. I will still proudly wear my orange and black!

SF2, the down vote is from me.  I meant to give you an "up" vote and apparently haven't woke up yet.  I hit the down arrow by mistake.  Anyway, you summed it up well.

I'm disappointed after yesterday, but this season was hella fun.  Winning the North.  Beating the Packers, Patriots, Pittsburgh, and crushing the Jets was great.  Watching Gio, Marvin, and Taz evolve has been awesome.  

Yeah. My major fear is that Pitt and Baltimore are just gonna leapfrog us while we regress with Andy and Marvin for another year.

Anybody think theres a chance that maybe AJ doesn't want to resign here?

Could be worse, could have been home like the rest of the AFCN Sunday.

Yeah but two of those teams can look on their left hands and smile at their Super bowl Rings while letting the kids play with the AFC Championship rings which they wouldn't be caught dead wearing.

Look guys, I'm as disappointed as any other fan but I know what I can control and what I cannot control. Will there be changes? I hope so. After all, it has been "change" that brought this organization out of the really bad days. I do know I'm not competent enough to evaluate (with any real seriousness) the kind of changes which this team requires. For one thing, being a boss is a tougher than job than many think. Secondly, neither Mike nor Marvin have me on their speed dial... .

Oh wait, just got a text from Katie that says: "When's it gonna be my time, Dad?!"

Personally, I think they were tight today. It's hard to get a monkey off one's back, especially when everybody is reminding you about it 24/7. Chargers had nothing to lose and thus, had no problem winning.

It's not a monkey, its a Gigantopithecus... It's not just strapped onto the organization, its ever present upon the fans too. My back hurts pretty bad.

I didn't feel too bad after the game but I did feel bad for this little kid I saw crying. Looked like his dad was trying to comfort him. This kid could be scarred for life...

Met a couple of new people at the tailgate, had a shot or two, reconfirmed Amishs hatred of all things Browns or Ravens, and said my goodbyes to those who sit around me.

I'll close for now with, we'll get them next year...

Yeah. My major fear is that Pitt and Baltimore are just gonna leapfrog us while we regress with Andy and Marvin for another year.

Anybody think theres a chance that maybe AJ doesn't want to resign here?

I don't think he wants to resign and I wouldn't blame him because we know Dalton will get a big money deal and I don't think he wants to play with a qb who can't get him the ball when it matters the most.

Archived