Cincinnati Bengals, Andy Dalton to talk contract

Vocal minority. If alley cats against me that's probably a good sign. I consider him the worst offender in his tribe on the entire board. I have great conversations on this very website utilizing that creative insight. Damn people for not loving Andy Dalton and his sub 55 playoff qb rating.

I get the feeling that even you are against you.  Everyone knows fans can't be fans unless they hate their team at least a little. 

Just remember that Andy Dalton is nothing but unmitigated suck and a sack of hammer-smashed assholes would do a better job. The team wins in spite of him and he contributes nothing.

I knew there was hope for you!  :lol: 

Here's the thing......MW may have views people don't agree with, but he's never attacked anyone personally for their football views that I can recall, so why do that to him?    If his view is so outlandish, you should have an easier time discrediting it, vs attacking him.  

This site is just really starting to suck.  Ever since the idiot parade took over...And I don't mind idiocy in principle, because we needs idiots to keep the Big Picture in perspective, but damn, the sheer quantity of it all starts to get suffocating...

Saddest part is, it seems that those who actually have interesting (read: new) things to say are just tuning out, because how can you compete with so much white noise...I remember when the off-season was full of draft talk.

Now, we keep rehashing Front Office talk that stopped being accurate 3 years ago, let alone today.

Smh...

He is not wrong. 

I knew there was hope for you!  :lol:

Here's the thing......MW may have views people don't agree with, but he's never attacked anyone personally for their football views that I can recall, so why do that to him?    If his view is so outlandish, you should have an easier time discrediting it, vs attacking him.  

missing ninja?

missing ninja?

Not at all....I don't recall any time where he attacked anyone like he's attacked, for their football views.  He's actually very cordial and seems to push aside his ego for the most part.  Sure everyone has their quirks but I don't seem to recall him attacking others.   I also don't read every thread and every post. 

Not at all....I don't recall any time where he attacked anyone like he's attacked, for their football views.  He's actually very cordial and seems to push aside his ego for the most part.  Sure everyone has their quirks but I don't seem to recall him attacking others.   I also don't read every thread and every post. 

well, he's been banned under one name and suspended under another and it takes a lot to even get a warning on this site.

What about the multiple analysts who have said that over half the teams would take dalton as their starting qb? Some I can name off the top of my head are dilfer, Phil Simms, I think billick has supported him, several others.

Yes some have said what you said as well, but let's not act like that is the majority of the opinions. I'd say it's almost an even split. Not that that is great news or anything. I wish he performed well enough that there was zero doubt.

I personally don't know how the national narrative... as far as so many of the talking heads on tv and regurgitators that write national level stories, have somehow declared that the Bengals have a super bowl talented team, but a QB that is holding them back.  It fucking blows my mind!  

I agree that there is a lot of talent on the roster.  There is a lot of talent on several rosters in the league.  The difference between being great and being good is so tiny.

I agree that Dalton has taken a shit in the playoffs... but the entire team and coaching staff, save a guy here and a guy there has taken a shit in the playoffs.

Sometimes I think Dalton is the man to lead the team for the next 10 years.  Sometimes I want to break my TV watching him.  But this goddammed idea that he is the ONLY reason this team hasn't been to the super bowl the last 2 years if absolute bullshit.  

I personally don't know how the national narrative... as far as so many of the talking heads on tv and regurgitators that write national level stories, have somehow declared that the Bengals have a super bowl talented team, but a QB that is holding them back.  It fucking blows my mind!  

I agree that there is a lot of talent on the roster.  There is a lot of talent on several rosters in the league.  The difference between being great and being good is so tiny.

I agree that Dalton has taken a shit in the playoffs... but the entire team and coaching staff, save a guy here and a guy there has taken a shit in the playoffs.

Sometimes I think Dalton is the man to lead the team for the next 10 years.  Sometimes I want to break my TV watching him.  But this goddammed idea that he is the ONLY reason this team hasn't been to the super bowl the last 2 years if absolute bullshit.  

Piggy backing off that idea here are two pictures that I think sum this up best:

664372_NFC_Championship1704.jpg

That's Jermaine Kearse and his 25 career receptions hauling in the go-ahead, game winning TD, while being interfered with (jersey grab), in the 4th qtr of the NFC championship.

aj-green.jpg?w=360

That's AJ Green with his 29 career TD receptions, dropping a beautiful TD pass in the 4th QTR of our loss to the Chargers that would have brought the game to within a FG.  We stopped them on the next drive and got the ball back with 5 min to go.

Fools, the entire team shits the bed when it matters...that's not on Andy Dalton.

:lol:  That I didn't know. 

I've also been banned but beat the system....I changed my name from Lewdog to this current handle. 

I was banned the first time for being incredibly insensitive. I can't recall the reason for the second. If I recall it was by elf locko and for not agreeing with him.

Link: http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10671392/cincinnati-bengals-want-sign-andy-dalton-extension-soon-marvin-lewis-says

Bengals want to extend Andy Dalton

Updated: March 25, 2014, 4:01 PM ET
By John Keim | ESPN.com

ORLANDO, Fla. -- Marvin Lewis made it clear -- the Cincinnati Bengals want to extend quarterback Andy Dalton's contract sooner rather than later.

Like him or not, Andy Dalton is the Bengals' QB of the future, and it's time Cincinnati fans accepted this fact, Coley Harvey writes. Story

"It's a big piece of our puzzle that's holding out there nebulous right now," the Bengals coach said. "So we'd like to get it done to where it makes sense for us and makes sense for him and we can preserve a small portion of the team going forward with him."

Dalton, a second-round draft pick in 2011, has one year left on his rookie deal. But the Bengals want to make sure he doesn't go anywhere when that contract ends.

[+] Enlargegrant_g_daltona_300x200.jpg
Rob Carr/Getty ImagesThe Bengals want to sign Andy Dalton to a contract extension soon, according to coach Marvin Lewis.

Dalton has led Cincinnati to the playoffs in each of his three seasons with the team. He has started every game since his rookie season and has thrown 80 touchdown passes and 49 interceptions.

He also has been criticized for his lack of playoff success. But Lewis is not among those critics. Nor is team owner Mike Brown, who earlier this week echoed Lewis' desire to sign Dalton to a long-term deal.

"Andy's being compared with a lot of players who didn't play for [their] first three years," Lewis said. "What he's accomplished has been great. We want to continue to grow with him. He has all the work ethic and dynamics of everything. That's the reason we drafted him to begin with. That hasn't changed.

"All he's done is make good on everything we thought he would. One player doesn't lose a playoff game; the football team does."

Fantastic post. Well said.

There was a MMQB article today that said the bengals were built to win the Super Bowl 2 years ago...

It implied strongly that the team was just overwhelmingly talented on both offense and defense except for Dalton.

You mean the offense with BJGE as the only RB and Andrew Hawkins as the #2 WR?

The defense that allowed Arian Foster to just abuse Rey Maualuga all game?

Dalton has obviously struggled but he was far from the only player (not to mention the coaches) that shit the bed. And it wasn't until last season where it finally seemed like the overall talent level was really high on both sides of the ball. Though that was before Atkins, Hall, Zeitler, Newman, Boling, etc. all went out with injuries,

Fantastic post. Well said.

There was a MMQB article today that said the bengals were built to win the Super Bowl 2 years ago...

It implied strongly that the team was just overwhelmingly talented on both offense and defense except for Dalton.

You mean the offense with BJGE as the only RB and Andrew Hawkins as the #2 WR?

The defense that allowed Arian Foster to just abuse Rey Maualuga all game?

Dalton has obviously struggled but he was far from the only player (not to mention the coaches) that shit the bed. And it wasn't until last season where it finally seemed like the overall talent level was really high on both sides of the ball. Though that was before Atkins, Hall, Zeitler, Newman, Boling, etc. all went out with injuries,

yea I read that same article but didn't post it since people here are kind of sick of Dalton convo.

It was also a crap article that ignored everything except Dalton.

My favorite part was about how Dalton came in as a rookie on a team that was ready to win, despite the fact that every national pundit, and probably even this guy, at the time predicted the Bengals would be the worst team in the league.  

So in 2011 the Bengals were going to be one of the worst teams, but now that the media is down on Dalton, the narrative is "Dalton was holding them back in 2011".

yea I read that same article but didn't post it since people here are kind of sick of Dalton convo.

It was also a crap article that ignored everything except Dalton.

My favorite part was about how Dalton came in as a rookie on a team that was ready to win, despite the fact that every national pundit, and probably even this guy, at the time predicted the Bengals would be the worst team in the league.  

So in 2011 the Bengals were going to be one of the worst teams, but now that the media is down on Dalton, the narrative is "Dalton was holding them back in 2011".

Didn't read the article, but wow that is some revisionist history right there. My friends thought I was absolutely insane for even suggesting the Bengals would be decent and had lots of young talent. And ESPN was right there with them listing us as the worst team in the league in their initial power poll.

Didn't read the article, but wow that is some revisionist history right there. My friends thought I was absolutely insane for even suggesting the Bengals would be decent and had lots of young talent. And ESPN was right there with them listing us as the worst team in the league in their initial power poll.

Yep, we were supposed to be right up front on the Suck for Luck train.

Archived