Cortland Finnegan
Jabari Greer
Steve Gregory
Roman Harper
Dimitri Patterson Signed elsewhere
Dunta Robinson
Carlos Rogers Signed elsewhere
Asante Samuel

Read on Rotoworld that Redskins and Bucs are interested in Collins and the Bucs are interested in MJ as well...If the Bucs end up getting both of those guys I'm going to be pissed. 

The Bengals need to resign those guys, we have the cap space..get er done. 

If they cut Geathers they would have $30 million in cap space, more than enough to resign Collins and MJ, extend AJ and Burficit, sign the draft picks, and still be well below the salary cap. 

Read on Rotoworld that Redskins and Bucs are interested in Collins and the Bucs are interested in MJ as well...If the Bucs end up getting both of those guys I'm going to be pissed. 

The Bengals need to resign those guys, we have the cap space..get er done. 

If they cut Geathers they would have $30 million in cap space, more than enough to resign Collins and MJ, extend AJ and Burficit, sign the draft picks, and still be well below the salary cap. 

Hit me up with your dealer's digits. I WANT some of what u smokin.

Hit me up with your dealer's digits. I WANT some of what u smokin.

How about you tell me why you don't agree with what I said instead of being a prick, oh sorry forgot who I was dealing with...

Do you not think that Geathers is dead weight, past his prime, and with a 2.5 million dollar salary and no dead money on the books if he were to be cut; that he would be the ideal guy to cut?

Do you not think that keeping two young starters that you drafted and developed into quality NFL players is important, especially when you have more than enough cap space to do just that?

Please tell me what you what part of my statement do you disagree with, I know you are the all knowing super fan is right about everything so please bless me with your divine wisdom on all things Bengals....douche bag. 

How about you tell me why you don't agree with what I said instead of being a prick, oh sorry forgot who I was dealing with...

Do you not think that Geathers is dead weight, past his prime, and with a 2.5 million dollar salary and no dead money on the books if he were to be cut; that he would be the ideal guy to cut?

Do you not think that keeping two young starters that you drafted and developed into quality NFL players is important, especially when you have more than enough cap space to do just that?

Please tell me what you what part of my statement do you disagree with, I know you are the all knowing super fan is right about everything so please bless me with your divine wisdom on all things Bengals....douche bag. 

It's mostly because your math doesn't add up. The cap number for an extension for AJ and Burfict alone would eat up almost half of that $30 mil. So yeah...I'd say he has a good reason to call you out...

It's mostly because your math doesn't add up. The cap number for an extension for AJ and Burfict alone would eat up almost half of that $30 mil. So yeah...I'd say he has a good reason to call you out...

uh huh, what he said.

NOW GET ME THAT NUMBER!!!

How do know that? What number will it take to extend Burfict, keep in mind he's making $500k this year so if you offered him what Geathers was making, 500% raise I think he would take it. If they extend Burfict at 4-5 million per year for 5 years they could still resign Collins, MJ, and extend AJ. 

My point is the Bengals could do it if they wanted to, if they were truly committed to winning and fielding the best team possible. 

http://www.spotrac.com/premium/research/nfl/projected-2014-nfl-team-cap-space-420/

uh huh, what he said.

NOW GET ME THAT NUMBER!!!

So...hypothetically, let's say we have $30 mil - $10 of which is gone already for draft picks and injury cushion. So you're down to $20 mil. AJ is gonna get top dollar, which is anywhere from 10-12 mil per season (see Larry Fitzgerald and Calvin Johnson's contracts). So now you're down to let's say $10 mil to round things off. Another 5 or 6 mil per season for Burfict and you're down to $5 mil. Now tell me how you sign Johnson and Collins with $5 mil? I'll wait....

Fine, since you need to be spoon fed like your bosom brothers MW and B.A.B...

First of all, often, cap hits are bigger in the first year of a new deal (with us), but let's put that aside.

Burfict has every reason to expect $5M/year (and in short order could threaten Patrick Willis proportions of $10M).

MJ wants 8M

Collins reportedly wants 6-7M.

AJ will get Calvin Johnson money, but the best case scenario would be, let's say, $14M

And the of course, there's Andy Dalton. You may not want to sign him but the team you root for does.  That one's a wild-card, but let's say it's going to land somewhere between $10 and $16M.

(And that doesn't even look down the road to upcoming and early resigns like Gio, or Marvin Jones, etc).

Now, do I need to add it all up for you too?

LMFAO, Robert Geathers and his $2.5M suddenly take care of everything...

Fine, since you need to be spoon fed like your bosom brothers MW and B.A.B...

First of all, often, cap hits are bigger in the first year of a new deal (with us), but let's put that aside.

Burfict has every reason to expect $5M/year (and in short order could threaten Patrick Willis proportions of $10M).

MJ wants 8M

Collins reportedly wants 6-7M.

AJ will get Calvin Johnson money, but the best case scenario would be, let's say, $14M

And the of course, there's Andy Dalton. You may not want to sign him but the team you root for does.  That one's a wild-card, but let's say it's going to land somewhere between $10 and $16M.

(And that doesn't even look down the road to upcoming and early resigns like Gio, or Marvin Jones, etc).

Now, do I need to add it all up for you too?

LMFAO, Robert Geathers and his $2.5M suddenly take care of everything...

EXACTLY...they know what the market value is for these guys and won't overpay and screw themselves out of resigning the key players that are coming up. I actually applaud how the Bengals are doing business since the new CBA has come out.

Well let me EXACTLY your EXACTLY!

It's amazing to me how our little trio of diaper-whiners thinks football is any different from any other business, or basic real life arena for that matter.

Our story:

So let's say say Michael Weston goes to the car dealership, because he wants to buy a new Toyota Prius.  It's an economic car with great gas mileage so a card carrying young liberal-minded fella like Michael is happy to pay something around the $25,000 MSRP he found when he went online to see how much the car was worth, and how much others were paying.

However, the car dealer has gotten wind of the fact that Michael works with autistic children in his spare-time, and as such is clearly a rich man, so when Michael shows up, the car dealer tells him he'd be happy to sell him the Prius - for $30,000. Now, Michael protests just like we all would, because he happens to know the car is worth only $25,000.  But the car dealer protests just as vehemently, because, after all, he knows Michael has more than that -- so why shouldn't he spend more? He can afford it, right?

Michael tries to tell the dealer about all of the other things he wants to do with the money, the school bills to pay, the sex-change for his wife -- but the dealer will hear none of it.  Quite simply, he knows Michael has more than money than the normal $25,000 asking price, and people who have more should pay more, regardless of what something is actually worth.  In fact, it's suddenly worth more! Right?

The End.

Epilogue: Michael is so upset that he curses the dealer in a way he only recently learned from the internet bullies at Go-Bengals.com, and refuses to buy the car.  Shortly there-after, a somewhat sadder looking sack of shit shows up and within minutes shakes hands with the dealer, and drives off with the very same Prius - having spent only the original $25,000 asking price.

Michael cries foul, but the dealer shrugs him off with a laugh and says, "Sorry. You lose because you were being cheap."

So...hypothetically, let's say we have $30 mil - $10 of which is gone already for draft picks and injury cushion. So you're down to $20 mil. AJ is gonna get top dollar, which is anywhere from 10-12 mil per season (see Larry Fitzgerald and Calvin Johnson's contracts). So now you're down to let's say $10 mil to round things off. Another 5 or 6 mil per season for Burfict and you're down to $5 mil. Now tell me how you sign Johnson and Collins with $5 mil? I'll wait....

AJ is already making 6, so if he gets 10 that is only a 4 million increase..totally do able. Burfict could be extended for 4 million per year..so that is 8 million for both guys. If you leave 10 million for the draft picks, you can still resign Collins and MJ with the left over money. You may have to cut some dead weight in guys like BGJE, Mauluga, and Cook, and Geathers to free up some cap space, but I think that would be addition by subtraction. 

You could cut Leon Hall and have a net cap savings of 12 million dollars over the next 2 years...my point is there are ways to get it done if they really wanted to. 

Archived