*******Official DAY 3 Draft Thread*******

It's not the kid's fault if the media made a circus out of him being gay.

I believe it is his fault and only his fault, ...this guarantees he gets drafted and is likely to be a footnote in the hall of fame.

I don't believe he believes he has the talent to be in the NFL, ...and I don't think he"ll make it, ...I hope he proves us both wrong.

I don't know what people are complaining about. After his poor combine Sam was projected to be a very late round draft choice or a top tier UDFA. Which is the usual spot for guys with good measurables who have underachieved on the field, or guys with poor measurables who delivered on the football field..Michael Sam is the latter. With or without his public backstory, that's what was going to happen. And yeah, I think Jeff Fisher was looking to be a footnote in history here. He was certainly aware that Kenny Washington was drafted by the Rams before the Dodgers drafted Jackie Robinson, so maybe he sees himself as a modern day Branch Rickey. But bottom line, Michael Sam won't make the 53 man roster just because he's gay nor will he get waived because he's gay. If he performs well enough, he will make the Rams roster. If he doesn't then he won't. As long as his fate will be decided on the football field only, then I'm good either way.

I don't know what people are complaining about. After his poor combine Sam was projected to be a very late round draft choice or a top tier UDFA. Which is the usual spot for guys with good measurables who have underachieved on the field, or guys with poor measurables who delivered on the football field..Michael Sam is the latter. With or without his public backstory, that's what was going to happen. And yeah, I think Jeff Fisher was looking to be a footnote in history here. He was certainly aware that Kenny Washington was drafted by the Rams before the Dodgers drafted Jackie Robinson, so maybe he sees himself as a modern day Branch Rickey. But bottom line, Michael Sam won't make the 53 man roster just because he's gay nor will he get waived because he's gay. If he performs well enough, he will make the Rams roster. If he doesn't then he won't. As long as his fate will be decided on the football field only, then I'm good either way.

I agree, ...let his work decide his fate, ...and only the work.

It's pretty fascist to expect me to accept someting because you do. I didn't say that my lifestyle is the only way. But I wouldn't use my lifestyle to secure a draft spot. Do you think that if Clowney said he was gay, then nobody would draft him? That's basically what you're saying. But it's probably true that some old white owners would not draft him to avoid the media circus.

I'm the fascist here?  Your philosophy as exposed by your posts, indicates that you believe it's not only the state's job to enforce the law, but also the morals of the majority.  For some reason, I don't think that's any part of "that all men are created equal, and they are all endowed by their creator with certain unalienable rights, such as life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness."  I don't think that I ever saw anything that said unless you're gay in that.  

I believe it is his fault and only his fault, ...this guarantees he gets drafted and is likely to be a footnote in the hall of fame.

I don't believe he believes he has the talent to be in the NFL, ...and I don't think he"ll make it, ...I hope he proves us both wrong.

He was the Co-defensive MVP of the strongest conference in College football... Why would he ever believe he doesn't have the talent to be in the NFL?

No son, it was Pacman Jones who punched a women in her fucking face, and he still plays for the Cincinnati Bengals.

Look, I know it's hard to understand son, but people are upset with Michael Sam because immediately after being drafted he used innocent baked goods in a pseudo sexual act.  

Gosh, I don't understand what that means, Dad. Did Michael Sam have sex with a Little Debbie? Was he caught on tape cavorting with a Hostess Ho-Ho? 

No son. People are upset because Michael Sam's alternative lifestyle is based upon, well.....err.....someone taking it up the bundt cake, and America isn't ready to see that yet. In fact, it was so upsetting that many of us had to look away.

But these people are okay with seeing a player punch a nice lady right in her fucking face? Good golly, is that what you're saying, dad?

Well, not exactly, sport. But the first thing you have to ask yourself whenever you see a player punch a woman in her fucking face is..."Can this guy play, and is his contract a bargain?

So it's okay to punch someone in their fucking face but not if they rub cake into it?

Now you're getting it. Good talk, son.

Actually, I think he got picked so low, because a lot of the old white guys are like you, and think their way of life is the only way.  Change is coming, either get on board or get run the fuck over!

You don't actually think this way, do you? Just to stay factually correct on this, I would point you to the link below breaking down public support for gay marriage by race/ethnicity. No one opposes gay marriage more than black people. 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Public_opinion_of_same-sex_marriage_in_the_United_States#By_race.2Fethnicity

You don't actually think this way, do you? Just to stay factually correct on this, I would point you to the link below breaking down public support for gay marriage by race/ethnicity. No one opposes gay marriage more than black people. 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Public_opinion_of_same-sex_marriage_in_the_United_States#By_race.2Fethnicity

However, black people don't own any NFL teams.  The people that do, are old white men, and from working with them for years, they do not like "the gays".  And to be totally frank, white or black, the older you are, the more likely you're going to be against gay marriage.  And abortion.  And comprehensive immigration.  And Islamic people.  

However, black people don't own any NFL teams.  The people that do, are old white men, and from working with them for years, they do not like "the gays".  And to be totally frank, white or black, the older you are, the more likely you're going to be against gay marriage.  And abortion.  And comprehensive immigration.  And Islamic people.

Wow. Stereotype much?

Is that the new word for people here illegally? Or do you mean something else by that?

And people claimed I'm a racist.

You made a thread entitled "It's a jungle out there" with a bunch of videos of black people being violent and links to articles and quotes from racist websites/groups.. That was racist.. What's even worse is you are still so indignant about it..

Reminds me of Cliven Bundy pondering in an interview if blacks weren't better off as slaves, and then accusing the media of "portraying me as a racist".

OK....

Wow. Stereotype much?

Explain to me how that's stereotyping?  Every Poll that has been done shows that the older you are, the less likely you are to be open to any of those views.  Even the "Source Material" that I was responding to from the vaunted resource "Wikipedia"!

Archived