With the 111th Pick in the 2014 NFL Draft the Bengals Select Russell Bodine, C UNC!!

Since the season is virtually over:

A BLAST FROM THE PAST:

BODINE'S DRAFT DAY THREAD

They talked about how strong he was, but what I recall from watching his highlight videos was that he got pushed back two to three yards before he would begin to stand his ground. And this was his HIGHLIGHT video!!??

Very interesting to read the comments thru this thread.  

Actually Bodine has looked like a competent center for much of this year. He still has several WTF plays every game where he either gets knocked on his ass or run blocking 7 yards down field while everyone else is pass blocking on Dalton's INT in the Stealers game. But this year he has improved significantly. He's no Rich Braham, but he's about the level Kyle Cook was at, which is a massive improvement from his first two years where he was as bad as Ghiaciuc.

Anyone know what Boling's injury is? Boling has looked like trash this year, which was really surprising since he was amazing last year. Has he been playing injured all year?

3 minutes ago, SlantNGo said:

Actually Bodine has looked like a competent center for much of this year. He still has several WTF plays every game where he either gets knocked on his ass or run blocking 7 yards down field while everyone else is pass blocking on Dalton's INT in the Stealers game. But this year he has improved significantly. He's no Rich Braham, but he's about the level Kyle Cook was at, which is a massive improvement from his first two years where he was as bad as Ghiaciuc.

Anyone know what Boling's injury is? Boling has looked like trash this year, which was really surprising since he was amazing last year. Has he been playing injured all year?

A separated shoulder I think. As I recall he suffered it early on.

Archived