Moderators, New/Old Etc. Going forward. - Opinions...

My process will be the following:

1. Strip all mods of mod powers.

2.  Choose new mods

3. Talk to new mods about the following:

New Mod responsabilities/tactics:

1. Identify things headed for flame war or people just being dicks(and what this really means).

2. Give them the power to Warn, restrict or temporarily suspend violators.

3. Improve content from myself and others.

I think a good portion of what makes this place great, or made this place USED to be great... was the open speech approach. and even in the beginning calling eachother idiots was edited to make you sounds stupid (cuddly fuzzy wuzzty bear i think was what it changed to).

I dont want this to be a cussing free childrens play place. That would fucking suck.

I cant tell if the people still bitching about me and this days later on other boards is a good thing or an awesome thing? Afterall the only people who have done that before were crazy eyes( and that dude who told me he wanted my family to die in a car crash(wretchedmess?!?)

ANYWAY..... i will get some data together and make a post once things are in place...

I just finished a 12 hour day which was part of a 52 hour work week not counting the kids baseball practice and games... so im spent...tomorrow is another 11 hour day and i work on fathers day...*sigh*...

Thanks to everyone for understanding and helping guide me through redirecting things in the right direction..

2nd sf2

With respect to Jason not sure, he got a little upset that I "took his thread" (good  bad and ugly) and was a point of contention for a little while.

I think numbers would be really good

Honestly I'm ok not being one too many people used the status against me when it came to expressing my opinion. It was almost as  if your a mod therefore you can't have an opinion. It was weird. This will be a bit freeing honestly.

My process will be the following:

1. Strip all mods of mod powers.

2.  Choose new mods

3. Talk to new mods about the following:

New Mod responsabilities/tactics:

1. Identify things headed for flame war or people just being dicks(and what this really means).

2. Give them the power to Warn, restrict or temporarily suspend violators.

3. Improve content from myself and others.

I think a good portion of what makes this place great, or made this place USED to be great... was the open speech approach. and even in the beginning calling eachother idiots was edited to make you sounds stupid (cuddly fuzzy wuzzty bear i think was what it changed to).

I dont want this to be a cussing free childrens play place. That would fucking suck.

I cant tell if the people still bitching about me and this days later on other boards is a good thing or an awesome thing? Afterall the only people who have done that before were crazy eyes( and that dude who told me he wanted my family to die in a car crash(wretchedmess?!?)

ANYWAY..... i will get some data together and make a post once things are in place...

I just finished a 12 hour day which was part of a 52 hour work week not counting the kids baseball practice and games... so im spent...tomorrow is another 11 hour day and i work on fathers day...*sigh*...

Thanks to everyone for understanding and helping guide me through redirecting things in the right direction..

Not that I'm "protecting my super mod powers" as it were, but I've always been on board with more moderation, not less, but if you read my post in the "what's wrong with go-bengals.com" thread I make it pretty clear that I was always ready to try to mediate disputes (and I have, in fact) but since the mantra of the board since it's inception WRT moderation was always "less is more" I've very rarely done much of anything other than gentle reminders in favor of civil behavior.

But, do as you must. I hope you read my post though. I think there's some good ideas there that can help clean this place up in a way that suits not only you but the community at large.

not having your kid destroy 50% of the accounts here since the purge is a point in your favor.

Now that I no longer have the ability or the wherewithal to do such a thing, I want to say I envy you your innocence. You are hearkening back to halcyon days. And that's a fancy word to use to describe it and everything.

Honestly I'm ok not being one too many people used the status against me when it came to expressing my opinion. It was almost as  if your a mod therefore you can't have an opinion. It was weird. This will be a bit freeing honestly.

Yeah disagree BB in J&D was not that guy.

Contradict yourself much? You just don't get it. And I don't think you ever will. 

Contradict yourself much? You just don't get it. And I don't think you ever will. 

Yeah the "its a jungle out there" thread is all that needs to be said about that.

He simply disagreed with you.

And I'll let it go at that.

No it was much more than that.

Yeah the "its a jungle out there" thread is all that needs to be said about that.

http://forum.go-bengals.com/index.php?/topic/68333-who-the-fuck-deleted-the-its-a-jungle-out-there-thread/?hl=jungle

Yeah, you're never going to get it. You have caused far more damage to this place

than Backer and an overblown thread will ever do. Dan is no racist.  But whatever. 

Go's response to that thread 9 months ago is why this place went to shit.

The beginning of the end. 

http://forum.go-bengals.com/index.php?/topic/68333-who-the-fuck-deleted-the-its-a-jungle-out-there-thread/?hl=jungle

Yeah, you're never going to get it. You have caused far more damage to this place

than Backer and an overblown thread will ever do. Dan is no racist.  But whatever. 

Go's response to that thread 9 months ago is why this place went to shit.

The beginning of the end. 

I never called him a racist, feel free to find any post that I did. But that thread was absolutely not overblown. I'm not the only one who thinks so. One of the most level headed people I know on this site flat out said "fuck you" to him it was that bad and I'm not talking about Homer.

As to "damage" I've caused, I'm sorry but anyone who engages me in the same way he complains about being engaged isn't going to get much traction with me on this issue.

I never called him a racist, feel free to find any post that I did. But that thread was absolutely not overblown. I'm not the only one who thinks so. One of the most level headed people I know on this site flat out said "fuck you" to him it was that bad and I'm not talking about Homer.

As to "damage" I've caused, I'm sorry but anyone who engages me in the same way he complains about being engaged isn't going to get much traction with me on this issue.

The original thread was deleted. And it was overblown. Did you even read the thread I posted? 

Maybe you should take some time to actually read and digest what others are saying to you.

Instead of thinking of your next response. It might actually help you grow.

Archived