http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/07/17/sunday-ticket-now-available-without-a-satellite-with-limitations/

So basically if someone lives in an apartment that's technically inside of a house and their landlord refuses to install a satellite dish, DirecTV and the NFL are telling you to go to hell because you aren't in an apartment complex?

What about all the people who own houses and have been able to stream the games for the last 3 seasons? Now they can't get the games unless they install crappy DirecTV? Only the NFL could continue to ass-rape their fans in this manner  and  get away with it

There are rumors that it will be released for iOS devices this year also. I would bet there will be a way that anyone can get it

It is available for ios devices with the package that they are offering. For $199.99 you can have access to the games on a mac/computer, ipad, iphone, android, kindle, etc. 

The problem is that they are now using a database of all of the apartment complexes in the US to determine who is eligible. All the while, those who own houses in the sticks, and those who rent in houses are being left in the rain. No worries though, I'm sure Roger "It's all about the fans" Goodell will get to the bottom of it. 

It is available for ios devices with the package that they are offering. For $199.99 you can have access to the games on a mac/computer, ipad, iphone, android, kindle, etc. 

The problem is that they are now using a database of all of the apartment complexes in he US to determine who is eligible. All the while, those who own houses in the sticks, and those who rent in houses are being left in the rain. No worries though, I'm sure Roger "It's all about the fans" Goodell will get to the bottom of it. 

Oh wow, I hadn't heard that. Last year the offer they gave away with the 25th anniversary of Madden (thanks Amish!) said it was only for people who couldn't get directtv but they did no verification of that whatsoever. I own a house but don't want to get rid of cable, I got the game entered the code in the website and used it all year. Worked on my ipad and laptop which I hooked up to the big screen. I figured this would be similar.

Oh wow, I hadn't heard that. Last year the offer they gave away with the 25th anniversary of Madden (thanks Amish!) said it was only for people who couldn't get directtv but they did no verification of that whatsoever. I own a house but don't want to get rid of cable, I got the game entered the code in the website and used it all year. Worked on my ipad and laptop which I hooked up to the big screen. I figured this would be similar.

I did the same thing. Apparently they've changed it this year. They created a database of apartment complexes. If you don't live in one, you can't get it. I'm not too worried about though, as the season draws closer, people are going to begin to notice this and the backlash DirecTV and the NFL is going to get will make them relent. At least I hope so anyway. How can you say this is for people who don't have access to DirecTV, but neglect to make note of those living in house apartments?

Yeah, that isn't cool. Also odd how they selected a tiny number of cities and colleges that are allowed to get it as well.

Yeah, it sucks, but its just another example of the NFL doing everything in its power to screw over its fan base. The comforting part about though is a couple of decades from now when the NFL has over-saturated the market, diluted its product, and fan interest wanes, they'll be begging anyone and everyone to buy it. 

do you have a friend or family memeber, anywhere in the country, that has sunday ticket? If so, offer to pay for their upgrade to MAX in exchange for their login info.

I've done that for about 3 or 4 years (minus last year's madden 25 promotion) with my brother. By and large it works pretty decent but its not true HD, you cant DVR games, and dont expect it to work week 1.

However, now that my shitty cable "bundle" package is up (and my rates went through the roof) I'm kicking around the idea of making the switch while they're offering the package for free for the first year.

do you have a friend or family memeber, anywhere in the country, that has sunday ticket? If so, offer to pay for their upgrade to MAX in exchange for their login info.

I've done that for about 3 or 4 years (minus last year's madden 25 promotion) with my brother. By and large it works pretty decent but its not true HD, you cant DVR games, and dont expect it to work week 1.

However, now that my shitty cable "bundle" package is up (and my rates went through the roof) I'm kicking around the idea of making the switch while they're offering the package for free for the first year.

I don't, but either way, with the stunt they are pulling this season, how do we know they wont be checking IP Addresses with the app as a means to verify this doesn't happen?

I don't, but either way, with the stunt they are pulling this season, how do we know they wont be checking IP Addresses with the app as a means to verify this doesn't happen?

Not that what you said couldn't eventually happen, but the whole premise of the MAX subscription is that you can take your subscription where ever you go. Therefore, they cant tie it to a specific IP or location.

Not that what you said couldn't eventually happen, but the whole premise of the MAX subscription is that you can take your subscription where ever you go. Therefore, they cant tie it to a specific IP or location.

That is a good point. My first option will be to eventually call DirecTV and just tell them my landlord will not allow a satellite (BS). I expect that to go nowhere. My next option will be to find someone who has a billing address that is eligible. Don't have that person at the present time. 

So under this scenario what happens?    Neighbors can get and have Direct TV.    We have tried but can't because it is blocked and/or too windy to have the dish on the house.

The DTV install guy said stick with cable.    Do you think I would be eligible for the online no dish deal or am I screwed? 

I've had the online version for two years now.  Previously, the only "check" was a set of (I think three) checkboxes when you sign up to confirm that you haven't been a previous satellite customer and can't get satellite access.  There was no check if that was true or not.... so I "met" those standards.  I'd be curious to see if they truly do get more strict in their requirements.  In my mind, they were willing to accept the $250 or $299 just to get my Sunday Ticket business. 

As others mentioned though, it's not HD and week 1 is always a cluster where they don't seem to have resources to handle the load of viewers.  Additionally, last year my subscription didn't let me access anything until about 20 minutes prior to kickoff even though I had signed up a month earlier - which drove me nuts and made me convinced that they were on to me.

PS - I just signed up as Apt. 102 at my own address thinking they might not check into it.  Plus, that way I could claim my wife is my landlord and she won't allow the dish!

DirecTV has a specific number for this NFLSUNDAYTICKET.TV service: 855-229-8114

I spoke to them and it was a god-awful customer service experience. I was basically told that DirecTV has reserved the right this season to pick and choose what areas will be allowed to have this specific service. One person said that DirecTV has agreements with certain apartment complexes around the country to provide this service for. I've literally never seen a business practice quite like this one. I told them I live in an apartment with a landlord who refuses to allow a satellite dish on the roof. The supervisor told me that while that sucks, DirecTV has decided this year to only offer it to certain geographic locations. I explained that I am eligible according to the wording on the website:

(Now you can stream live, out-of-market NFL games on your favorite device without a DIRECTV satellite TV subscription if you live in an apartment building where DIRECTV service is not available)

The supervisor told me that it sure seemed like I was eligible for the service but told me that there was still nothing they could or would do for me. I asked about the potential for a waiver. I was rebuffed. I asked to speak to another supervisor. I was told no one else could help me on this. I asked for an email address of someone who could help me further. I was told no such email address exists. 

I hope for nothing but the worst for the NFL and DirecTV. Thanks Mr. Goodell!

Man, cable/satellite companies are the devil. Sounds like your call was as bad as that guy that got harassed by Comcast that is all over the internet now.

Hahaha Not that bad. I just can't get over the way this company is doing business. One person on the phone even said this is not being offered in all 50 states. How is that possible? How can stupid Roger Goodell and the horrible NFL allow this to happen? 

The crappy part is that I was actually looking forward to this season. Now, in the year 2014, one of the 4 major sports leagues does not offer everyone the ability to purchase a subscription to their games. I feel like I'm in the bizarro world or something. The only thing you can hope for is that enough people call and complain and the vermin at DirecTv decide to relent.

Hahaha Not that bad. I just can't get over the way this company is doing business. One person on the phone even said this is not being offered in all 50 states. How is that possible? How can stupid Roger Goodell and the horrible NFL allow this to happen? 

The crappy part is that I was actually looking forward to this season. Now, in the year 2014, one of the 4 major sports leagues does not offer everyone the ability to purchase a subscription to their games. I feel like I'm in the bizarro world or something. The only thing you can hope for is that enough people call and complain and the vermin at DirecTv decide to relent.

1 other option....use an IP mask to make it appear you are in Canada or Europe and purchase their international online access. I did that for a few weeks back in 2012 and it worked somewhat...even though my credit card billing address was in the US

1 other option....use an IP mask to make it appear you are in Canada or Europe and purchase their international online access. I did that for a few weeks back in 2012 and it worked somewhat...even though my credit card billing address was in the US

I thought about that, but I just don't think its a good idea to be making purchases with a credit card for illegal activity.

At this point, those of us in the loser camp on this have to hope enough people complain to DirecTv and the NFL.

DirecTV NFLSUNDAYTICKET.TV phone number::855-229-8114

NFL phone Number: 212-450-2000

Roger Goodell email address: Roger.Goodell2@nfl.net            roger.goodell@nfl.com

Roger Goodell phone number: 212-450-2027

Archived