College football is killing itself

MichaelWeston

Full disclosure that I am a midmajor fan so I am very biased in this because it's evident that my team won't really matter much, not that it does now, in about five years. With that said. I don't understand this movement towards less schools. To me, The more legitimate competitive schools, the more interest in the sport, the more money there is to be made.

This plan hurts nearly half of the FBS teams. Why not try to give them opportunities to develop. Don't let some teams have 9 home games and others 5. Let all conference winners into a tournament.

We all love the underdog succeeding and then making something of themselves. This stifles that and lets the rich be richer.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/11214193/sec-commissioner-mike-slive-wants-big-five-autonomy

The jig is up.    NCAA didn't apply it's power fairly and the athletes of revenue producing sports are finally getting the attention of the public.

I imagine the big D1 schools are looking to make their own way before something is forced upon them. 

The jig is up.    NCAA didn't apply it's power fairly and the athletes of revenue producing sports are finally getting the attention of the public.

I imagine the big D1 schools are looking to make their own way before something is forced upon them. 

Yep and I think we all lose. To me it would be like the 16 biggest markets in the pros saying they didn't need us and letting Cincy be a minor league. 

• 4 months later...

Archived