Could Carson return to Cincinnati?

Carson Palmer's current contract will be null and void 5 days after the Super Bowl which will make him an UFA. Current QB Andy Dalton has yet to sign a contract extension as the both sides seem to be far apart on the money that Dalton should get. If Dalton goes into the season without a contract extension and plays the season out he could easily go into the 2015 offseason as a UFA. 

My question to the good people of Go-Bengals.com is this... If both Carson and Dalton were UFA, which would you rather have on the roster and why? 

Carson could probably be had for about half of what Dalton would request on the open market, so there would be a financial benefit for bringing Carson back to Cincinnati. Also, how cool would it be to have Carson come back to the Bengals to finish his career with the team. I think Carson would be a great fit with the current offense and the weapons we have on the roster. 

Reuniting Carson with Hue and teaming him AJ, Jones, Gio, and the rest of the guys on this offense sounds like a good to me. 

3, 2, 1....remember boys and girls....mods are watching.

I just can't see Mike or Katie ever doing anything for Carson.  Same with Marvin.  Really fucked them over to be honest.  Yeah, it worked out for us but still, that was pretty cold.

3, 2, 1....remember boys and girls....mods are watching.

I just can't see Mike or Katie ever doing anything for Carson.  Same with Marvin.  Really fucked them over to be honest.  Yeah, it worked out for us but still, that was pretty cold.

Even leaving aside that, Carson is a worse QB than Dalton, and old.  If you are going to roll the dice, I'd prefer a draft pick with upside, or AJ the QB as alternatives.

4 out of 5 past years Carson has thrown 20+ Ints.    The only benefit would be cheaper.      

I'm going to cheat and say Dalton with a Kap type contract in place.    A Carson type QB only goes higher on the wish list if Dalton stays the same and the demands are still locking him in at high $ contract with high percentage gauranteed.

Even leaving aside that, Carson is a worse QB than Dalton, and old.  If you are going to roll the dice, I'd prefer a draft pick with upside, or AJ the QB as alternatives.

Last year Dalton and Palmer's number were pretty close except that Palmer turned the ball over more than Dalton but that could be attributed to him playing with new wr's in his first year with the Cards. I think Carson has at east 3 or 4 more quality years left in the tank. 

4 out of 5 past years Carson has thrown 20+ Ints.    The only benefit would be cheaper.      

I'm going to cheat and say Dalton with a Kap type contract in place.    A Carson type QB only goes higher on the wish list if Dalton stays the same and the demands are still locking him in at high $ contract with high percentage gauranteed.

Let's say that Dalton has a similar season to the past 3 where performs above average in the regular season and plays horrible in the playoffs, do you give him a 17-20 million per year deal when you can get similar production for half the price? Not saying that Carson would be the future of the franchise but he would be viable veteran option while you groom a younger player for a year or two. 

Let's say that Dalton has a similar season to the past 3 where performs above average in the regular season and plays horrible in the playoffs, do you give him a 17-20 million per year deal when you can get similar production for half the price? Not saying that Carson would be the future of the franchise but he would be viable veteran option while you groom a younger player for a year or two.

I'd go Carson route given that option.  

Still best way to go is to tie 17-20 to incentives that would reduce that amount marginally if performance isn't met and then a series of 1 year renewals.   I would take Dalton over Carson in that type of contract.    Incentives would be what was reported in Kap deal 80% snaps, All-Pro or Superbowl.

That way you lock up your QB.   You get a chance to evaluate the cap hit every year against his performance.   If he gets top dollar that means he performed.  It's basically an unexpiring Franchise Tag.

The way Carson whimpered, cried, and spooned the sand out of his vag to get out of here, what makes you think he'd even want to come back here? Fuck him and the horse he rode in on. If I never see him again it'll be too soon.

MULLY

Last year Dalton and Palmer's number were pretty close except that Palmer turned the ball over more than Dalton but that could be attributed to him playing with new wr's in his first year with the Cards. I think Carson has at east 3 or 4 more quality years left in the tank. 

Sure, and your junior high sweetheart will move next door and fall in love with you.  These are not reality based thoughts.

Archived